Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Guide] Browser Setup Guide (Also known as anti-lag precautions)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Guide] Browser Setup Guide (Also known as anti-lag precautions)

You may well have already played the game and noticed major lag in fighting sections of the game and most noticeably in multiplayer sections of the game. You will however note that although some of this can be attributed to poor internet access (e.g. peak times such as evenings & Saturdays) you will note that it happens at all times and that your hard disk light goes crazy or just stays on for long periods. This guide will help you reduce or avoid this problem in furture. I would recommend following the advice if you experience issues rather than just as a standard thing as new or newer computers will most likely not have any issues.

NB: You could be loosing 20% of performance related rewards in the game due to lag (e.g. in World Boss), or even loss of additional achievement rewards (e.g. 0.3%, 0.5%, 0.8% & 1%) due to miss timing attacks due to lag.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PC Requirements:

You require a Dual Core PC, any will do from Pentium D onwards. However a Pentium 4 CPU and before will not cope.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

General Upgrade
    1) I would recommend using Firefox as your Browser for playing the game. Common fixes for FireFox not working, or Firefox Safe Mode & Reset
    2) You need to ensure you have the latest version of Adobe Flash Player, Adobe Shockwave Player and Java for your chosen browser. I would also recommend updating your network card and graphics card drivers too. Run Firefox Plugin Version Checker
    3) Run chkdsk /r on your C:\ drive (I found corruptions in the indexing of the Firefox cache which when repaired by chkdsk reduced hard drive usage). Explanation below:

Chkdsk
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315265

Error Checking Tool Alternative (NB: Will need reboot)
    XP or Vista/7

Flash Player & Firefox Cache Settings Changes
    1) You will need to right click on the game screen area when game is loaded and select "settings" (These are Adobe Flash Settings). On the first tab deselect "Enable hardware acceleration" and on the third tab make sure your Local Storage is listed as unlimited. Then click "close". (NB: It should be off if your hardware doesn't support it and on if it does. You can tell which the answer is as the wrong option is slower in operation. I've assumed it was on and you're having issues).
    2) In Firefox "Options" go to the "Advanced" tab and tick the box "Override automatic cache management" and then enter a cache limit of 512MB or 1024MB. The game alone uses 200-250MB (since update 1.45) so allow for other programs to use the cache.
    In Chrome life is a bit more difficult however this link explains how to control the location and size of the cache in Chrome:
    Changing the cache location and size (NB: You shouldn't need to change the default location, however I would recommend ensuring that it is located on the fastest hard disk in your PC which is normally C:\)

NB: The cache for Firefox and Flash will empty themselves once their automatic limits are hit and this is probably what is causing the issue. The hardware acceleration deals with Flash crashing, which when it does empties the cache.

Also NB: Firefox resets the settings when it does an update so you will need to check on these settings after any updates.

Delete Old Server Data
    Some users have played on other servers and so you may wish to either increase the Firefox cache size by 150MB per server instance or you may wish to chose to delete the data entirely from the cache. To delete just one server instance do the following:
    1) Right click on the game screen area when game is loaded and select "Global Settings" (These are Adobe Flash Global Settings).
    2) On the Storage tab, click on "Local Storage Settings by Site..." button
    3) Scroll down and click once on sXX.wartune.r2games.com (where XX is the server number of the server you wish to delete, as per S25 is s25.wartune.r2games.com)
    4) Select the "remove" button which will delete the cache for that specific server.
    5) Then click "close", and then close the manager window.

Start New Browser Instance
    If you do changes with browser still open, it is worth closing and starting a new browser instance.

Additional but Temporary - each new browser instance
    The previous changes reduce the hard disk usage and subsequent lag. The following changes appear to increase hard disk usage however it spreads it out more evenly and propritises the display and input for the game therefore making the game run smoothly.

The following changes are temporary, and you must do the following each time you open a new browser instance:
    1) Open up "Task Manager" (Run taskmgr)
    2) Go to "processes" tab
    3) Right click on "Plugin container.exe". A box will pop up that tells you either End Process, End process tree or Priority. Select "Low Priority".
    4) Right click on "FlashPlayerPlugin_11_4_402_287.exe". A box will pop up that tells you either End Process, End process tree or Priority. Select "High Priority". Do for both processes of same name! (NB: Win XP does not show this but rather "FireFox.exe" is very heavy usage instead and is probably the service running Flash instead, therefore may be worth listing that process as "High Priority" instead). If you use Chrome you will need to place all "Chrome.exe" processes as "High Priority", which can be approx 4 process.
    NB: I'm looking into a suitable and easy solution to make this easier for people.

NB: This may be an alternative fix for Flash's new protected mode for Firefox which can be turned off:
    http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1018071
    I will do a test comparison between the two methods.

Perminant Priority Solution?
    I've located a program called Prio which claims to allow you to save your priority change request.
    Prio Software
    I'll continue to look for a non-download solution.

Regular PC Upkeep
    Weekly Tasks
    1) Run Disk Defragment
    This tidies the drive so that it is in an orderly fashion and files easy to find. Kind of like tidying your desk.
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314848

Monthly Tasks
    1) Run Firefox Plugin Version Checker, and other driver updates.
    2) Run Disk Cleanup
    This is where the system gets rid of unwanted junk. Kind of like clearing out your draws of the rubbish :-)
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310312
    3) Run CHKDSK/Disk Checker (as previously explained)

Flashing Crashing?
    This seems to be caused by a corruption in the cache and I would recommend deleting the Flash Cache. To do so follow the above "Delete Old Server Data" selecting the current server. Then reload the page. You will of cause suffer from initial lag as the new data is downloaded when enetering areas for the first time again, however you will hopefully have less occasions of Flash crashing.

I have run tests on these settings and seen significant over game play improvement. I can confirm I have reduced the quantity of regular Flash Player crashes. World Boss normally worst affected has become smooth and increased each attach run by 10-20% gold/daru commission due to be able to carry out dual runs which were previously hard or impossible to do due to the irregular momentum of the game caused by the hard disk usage.

This advice should stop your PC from constantly downloading new data and also reduce/spread your hard disk usage and thus in turn reduce lag!

Hope everyone finds this helpful.
    Last edited by S37-Glimmer; 11-29-2012, 10:52 AM. Reason: Crashing Flash Update

• muhammad_arif
    replied
    i cant log in in server oceanic idk what happen with my IP addres they said server is busy and The connection has timed out, can any 1 explain about this problem please help me

my acc in server 558, Character Mage, Colombus

Leave a comment:

• khanzuhaib
    replied
    Use Maxthon Browser its a browser design for browser base game

Leave a comment:

• passportlly
    replied
    Just started playing Heroes of the Banner, first browser game really. Had major lag with one aoe spell.
    Followed the guide and now works fine.
    Great advice, thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Morbiddreams
    replied
    i see alot of people say to deselect Enable hardware acceleration why tho?
    as for i can see on people reviews on it on the web it really does help alot but for some reason alot of wartune players turn it if why is it so bad to make our video card help flash to load things faster? just wandering

Leave a comment:

• hardikmaru193
    replied
    no man this site is not block maybe i think in ur Dubai Computer can have might some problem for it so that u cant or use other LENOVA or etc Computer that's better performers
    ....................this game is really good and if u have interest tha nu can start to play it will teach u everything in starting and u will get understand also ...cuz i m also new here and now i know more than older player - S35- AVG193;

Leave a comment:

• noob9841
    replied
    lag is from their end not yours

Leave a comment:

• Percyyfil
    replied
    Por que hay demaciado lag, pero mi navegador es Chrone y tan solo pensar en mazmorras se ve ridÃ*culo que siempre lo termine actualizando.

Leave a comment:

• LexiiBelle
    replied
    ogawd thanks for this!!

Leave a comment:

• nichogeas
    replied
    Originally posted by duestereLegende View Post
    thats stupid.. what had html/java cache with flash to do? lol

when you (wartune) had too small connection interface on your servers and to low RAM capacity its clear why we all have every day some big lags
    1000+ players on 1 server at the same time is a hard challange, but not impossible -.-

i have an intel quad, 2700K with 5GHZ processor, 32GB DDR3 Ram and 64Bit System, nvidea Geforce 680 and a 100MBit connection / 12 ping
    also its only YOUR SERVERtechnologie that makes for all the big lags
    your system does matter, BUT it would cost you alot, tweaking your browser is much simpler and it would reduce some significant lag

Leave a comment:

• ax7boy
    replied
    google chrome

but how to fix lag problem if use google chrome?

Leave a comment:

• nafiton
    replied
    Hello

Good tips .. but I had not found what I can see on my computer.

Has anybody found any explanation to used memory growth? Any way to avoid it? (Other than restart the browser every half hour)

Good luck

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• frostfinger
    replied
    man that is awsome ty so so much

Leave a comment:

• duestereLegende
    replied
    thats stupid.. what had html/java cache with flash to do? lol

when you (wartune) had too small connection interface on your servers and to low RAM capacity its clear why we all have every day some big lags
    1000+ players on 1 server at the same time is a hard challange, but not impossible -.-

i have an intel quad, 2700K with 5GHZ processor, 32GB DDR3 Ram and 64Bit System, nvidea Geforce 680 and a 100MBit connection / 12 ping
    also its only YOUR SERVERtechnologie that makes for all the big lags
    Last edited by duestereLegende; 07-15-2013, 02:05 AM.

Leave a comment:

• 4n66r43n1
    replied
    how can i get emperor cloth, cuz there no in the shop

Leave a comment:

Working...
X