Building a Party

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Building a Party

This may seem like something all know how to do but it is becoming increasingly more obvious as we progress to higher level dungeons that some just don't know how to build a party that will actually complete a dungeon. Find out what is needed for each dungeon and build from there.
    • First. Level means nothing other than the ability to enter dungeon. Just because you reach level 60 it does not mean you are ready for Moonevil Den, for example. You must have the skills necessary, ie for archers Deep Freeze and Scatter, Mage Puri 3, Restoration, Blessed Light 2.. you get the point there.
    • Second. While it is possible to do many dungeons without a mage, it is always better to have a healer just in case. You need someone healing while the rest of the party puts out dps.
    • Third. There are many dungeons that are made much simpler by having a party that has a very high DPS. Tarrangton Lair for example if you get him down to one health bar before the second lightning you won't get fired. GoD you get rid of Fayden quickly and he doesn't summon the clones.
    • Fourth. You need to have a good friendliness level among your dungeon companions. Share those roses doesn't matter if it's guy to guy or girl to girl, it's for the boost in dungeons.
    • Fifth. You can build your ideal party your way, mine is a great tank knight and two rocking archers and a good healing mage that takes care of business. Alternately, three archers works if the tank isn't available.
    • Sixth. Remember that while helping guildies is awesome, it's also a problem if they are the weak link. Moonevil and Demon Temple take a lot of teamwork and pretty much require everyone to be able to take a hit or two.
    • Seventh. Remember, it's a game we are there to have fun. So build your party based on what you need for the specific dungeons and maximize your chance for success the first time through.

Party Etiquette

Sad to say but some people just aren't cohesive as a team.

*When you help out someone, don't run ahead. You may be out of attempts and can't pick things up but they obviously have attempts or wouldn't be doing the dungeon.

*Wait, particularly on boss monsters, for everyone to be ready. Some people need to swap over spells or take potions or get runes ready. Not only is this courteous but it also maximizes chance to win the first try.

*Do not spam invites, not with the bullhorn in world chat or by using the individual invite. If someone hasn't answered your personal invite the first time, they probably aren't going to. They are either afk or busy elsewhere. And world chat is better use of bullhorns by spacing them out. If you spam you pretty much get ignored.

*Remember to thank people even if they are also doing runs, it's kind and makes people more inclined to run with you again, building up that friendliness level.

*Do not kick people after you start a dungeon when they disconnect. Give them a chance to get back, you would want that if you were the disconnected. Remember if you kick after a dungeon starts, you cost someone an attempt. That is very rude and will lead to you being talked about as someone to not run parties with anymore.

*Be patient when loading the next dungeon screen. Some people take longer and might even have to refresh. Make sure everyone is actually there before you move ahead to the next mob.

*Stay together. Very important for the areas like monuments and tombs or you can quickly find yourself battling by yourself. If this happens, sometimes your party can't join you. It can be very difficult to solo these areas, can be done, but it is painful. If you succeed or fail, you don't get another shot at it for that attempt.

*Mages need lots of rage to heal. So listen if they say they need rage and kill a mob slowly if you can. Be responsible for your own health and don't rely on mage to heal. Spells can be too late for you. So have runes equipped and be ready to use them before it becomes desperate, group runes are absolutely wonderful here.
    Last edited by Serrin; 03-14-2013, 01:33 AM. Reason: added ettiquette portion.

Yeah, he's SOOOOOOO romantic

Personal: Married to the most wonderful man in the world. Love you, Kit. Cara 'ch, 'm blaidd.

Honesty is an expensive gift, don't expect it from cheap people.

Demented children don't impress me.

Please add not to overdevelop a clique and to occasionally spread the wealth. I gets old when I see perfectly good players get turned away simply because the top four want to punch through DT in record time. It is understood that this is their collective choice but a little extra server love can go a long way.

Good guide.

Comment

LOL, KnowingEyes. Some have dedicated parties some run with a group of guildies. I usually find I have about 8 to 10 that I consistently run dungeons with, but I have a nice number of players that like to gift me roses to boost cause I'm one of the few mages that can be counted on to run when I have no attempts. Currently number one in charm on my server and I earned every rose

Personal: Married to the most wonderful man in the world. Love you, Kit. Cara 'ch, 'm blaidd.

Comment

Is there any other way to build friendliness without the roses?

Comment

Originally posted by R24902773 View Post
          Is there any other way to build friendliness without the roses?
          You can build friendliness by energizing your friends trees and helping on their farm, you can also gain friendliness by running dungeons as long you and your friend both have attempts you will see a message at the end that your friendliness has increased.

Comment

added section on party ettiquette after an incident this morning.

Comment

Here's a video of a cohesive party working final boss on Moonevil Den.

Comment

Bumping this up as someone was asking me about it earlier.

Comment

I have only cleared Demon Temple once thus far so I can't really speak on that (F--- that final boss, for real!), but I've found, most of the time 2 Mage, 2 Archer has been the best way to go for a lot of my dungeon groups. Didn't really start using Knights much until MoonEvil, and even then, the 2 mage, 2 archer group was a much smoother, faster run (no offense to the Knights out there, just my observation). Just started a regular daily group with some friends in my guild (51k Knight, 53k Mage, 48k Mage [me] & 46k Archer), hoping we'll get our rhythm down today and get some good runs in.

Heh, the party etiquette stuff really is all common-sense, non-dbaggery. Just goes to show they don't teach common sense in school.
                  Last edited by xEvilMunkyx; 04-23-2013, 06:05 AM.
                  Obsidian, Lv80 Crit Mage (R2-S112)

Retired, but still lurking forums.

Comment

Working...
                  X