Announcement

Collapse

R2 LOGIN ISSUES

For recent R2 login issues, please log in through the website starting with "https": https://www.r2games.com. In addition, the bookmark of the saved URL may still contain the word "http", please change it to "https". If this does not work for you, please clear the cache and cookies to complete the most recent update, or try again with another browser. Thank you.
See more
See less

ARCHER GUIDE (Complete) - what works for me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ARCHER GUIDE (Complete) - what works for me

    I know there are various different archer guides available on the forum but the below is what I have gained from each and tweaked to be effective to my playing style.

    This guide covers your hero, troop and city set-up it does not include strategies as what works for me may not work for someone set up identically to me - I have been in many many rooms where 1 tactic works once then never works again. Strategies are best worked out in game.

    The way I set up means I am able to defend against the majority of Mages & Knights whilst still defeating those of same hero level as me (and even those maybe 2 levels above me)

    Regarding your equipment (Hat, Brooch, Armor & Weapon) plus your rings & jewellery set up along with astrals this is really how you should set up -
    Equipment put PATK, & PDEF in, Rings put HP in, Jewels put MDEF in - Astrals you should go for PATK, PDEF & MDEF at level 30, then add CRIT at level 40 and then add CRIT BASE at level 50.


    ## EQUIPMENT, RINGS & JEWELS ##

    Hat = PDEF,
    Brooch = PATK,
    Armor = PATK,
    Weapon = PATK + PDEF,
    Ring = HP,
    Ring = HP,
    Jewel = MDEF,
    Jewel = MDEF

    if you have more gem space then double up PATK with PDEF or PATK with MDEF or PATK with HP
    (ideal world have 4 spaces in each item and have PATK, MDEF, PDEF & HP in - but that is hard to do without extreme luck or balens)

    ** always keep all gems, convert those that aren't needed into ones you need and synthersize lower level gems up to higher level ones as you go **


    ## ASTRALS (open at Level 25) ##

    Astrals at level 25-29 = Any of PATK, MDEF or PDEF

    Astrals at level 30 to 39 = PATK, MDEF & PDEF

    Astrals at level 40 - 49 = PATK, MDEF, PDEF & CRIT

    Astrals at level 50 - 59 = PATK, MDEF, PDEF, CRIT & CRIT BASE

    * with astrals only ever sell the White ones, all the rest can be synthesised into others to make them better *
    (Green is level 1 astral, Blue is level 2, Pink is level 3, Orange is level 4 & Red is level 5 - so ideally you want Red or Orange if you are lucky enough to get them or be able to save enough star points to exchange them in for one)


    ## CITY ACADEMY ##

    I find it best to section academy into relevance.

    1. Hero stats (HP, PATK, MDEF, PDEF) - keep as high as possible
    2. Gold production & Troop count - keep 5 below hero
    3. Troop stats (HP, PATK, MDEF, PDEF) - keep 10 below hero
    ** if you are going to use Angels or Warlocks as troops then you will need to include Troop MATK as well **


    ## TROOPS & TROOP LEVELLING ##

    Personally I recommend doing the following:

    1. Lancers - Improve to 15-18 then stop
    2. Paladin - Improve to 25 then stop
    3. Gryphon - Improve to 35 then stop
    4. Knights - Improve to 40 then stop (stopping at 40 may mean you struggle for a few hero levels to beat those that don't stop but you will reap the rewards when you hit hero level 50 and have plenty of daru for Templars)

    Doing it this way will mean you will have maximum Daru available for when you hit Hero Level 50 and can open up Templars


    ## SKILL SET ##

    Various people use various sets

    * note as your hero level goes up and you increase level of one skill the next skill opens up *

    My preference is as below:

    1. Arrow Strike
    2. Multi-shot
    3. Lunatic Fire
    4. Delphic Sniper
    5. Scatter Shot (DO NOT underestimate this skill - it can be used against the best of mages & also effective in dungeons against enemies)

    Ensure you max level all "Passives" (Acumen, Focused Attack, Eye of the Eagle, & Battle Prowess)

    Then it is just a matter of levelling up each of the above 5 skills as you get skill points available

    Once these 5 and the passives are maxed then you can begin on the remaining skills


    ## RUNES (open at Level 35) ##

    As an Archer i feel personally the best two Runes for us to use are as below giving both increase in power & healing ability (once you are at a level that you can use two runes)
    *note only 1 rune opens at level 35 - then 2nd opens at level 38*

    1. Brutality
    2. Healing


    ## TALENTS (open at Level 50) ##

    Once you have your Holy Seal at level 5 I would recommend opening the follow outer ring Talents in the following order

    1. Stealth
    2. Fury
    3. Scrutiny

    the rest you can begin opening once you have the relevant skills available at higher levels


    ## FARMING ##

    Not many player guides cover this but I feel it best to concentrate on one third of your farm being gold, one plant to be Kyanite, and remaining space to be Daru


    ## CITY LEVELLING ##

    As a general rule I ensure that as my hero level increases I improve my City locations (Town Hall, Barracks, Cottage, Warehouse, Academy, & Gold Refinery) to that of my hero level.

    These various areas open as your hero level increases

    For example as I am currently Hero Level 52 my entire city is at Level 52 as well.




    I hope some of you find this very long but detailed guide of use to you and it helps give you enjoyable game time
    Last edited by MaverickEasterwood; 07-23-2013, 05:40 AM.
    Wartune
    S638 Ember Abyss - NightWolf

  • #2
    :/ many holes in this guide

    Comment


    • #3
      Holes where?
      Wartune
      S638 Ember Abyss - NightWolf

      Comment


      • #4
        Nothing new...nothing special...each archer on pm give more advices
        Nothing about skill trees,cata strategy...on google and this forum are many better,maybe little older, guides

        _________


        Crit Mage 80v
        ~135k Br


        _________


        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by AnataOFAkku View Post
          Nothing new...nothing special...each archer on pm give more advices
          Nothing about skill trees,cata strategy...on google and this forum are many better,maybe little older, guides
          Anata as i stated at the top this is not a new guide just my thoughts on compiling the best bits from those other older guides
          With regards to Skill tree I think this is covered quite easily written under ## Skill Set ##
          Strategies all depend on that person playing at that time and what level they are, their equipment, gems, scrolls using, potions using etc - I would never attempt to give anyone Strategy advice for any room - what works for me may not work for someone else with exactly the same set up as myself
          Wartune
          S638 Ember Abyss - NightWolf

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by MaverickEasterwood View Post
            Anata as i stated at the top this is not a new guide just my thoughts on compiling the best bits from those other older guides
            With regards to Skill tree I think this is covered quite easily written under ## Skill Set ##
            Strategies all depend on that person playing at that time and what level they are, their equipment, gems, scrolls using, potions using etc - I would never attempt to give anyone Strategy advice for any room - what works for me may not work for someone else with exactly the same set up as myself
            Yeah...if you dont know how to make realy full guide,dont start...
            Bcs here you have adVaices for ppl at 20 lvl...

            _________


            Crit Mage 80v
            ~135k Br


            _________


            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by AnataOFAkku View Post
              Yeah...if you dont know how to make realy full guide,dont start...
              Bcs here you have adVaices for ppl at 20 lvl...
              This is a full guide to setting your hero up - no matter what level - from level 1 to level 60
              I have never claimed it included strategies
              Wartune
              S638 Ember Abyss - NightWolf

              Comment


              • #8
                planting daru?not worthy unless its one of the special seeds that you get from guild blessing
                u[[grade griffis to 30 while knights to 33~35 better save daru for templars later on
                deep freeze is also important on skills and so is bloodthirtsy strike
                gold and troop count 5 below hero?why gold is the most important thing in the game after balens max gold,patk,pdef,mdef,hero hp,troop patk

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by S44-ZEREF View Post
                  planting daru?not worthy unless its one of the special seeds that you get from guild blessing
                  u[[grade griffis to 30 while knights to 33~35 better save daru for templars later on
                  deep freeze is also important on skills and so is bloodthirtsy strike
                  gold and troop count 5 below hero?why gold is the most important thing in the game after balens max gold,patk,pdef,mdef,hero hp,troop patk
                  I disagree - all daru seeds are worthy
                  I take my knights to 40 to ensure you can gain max progess through Catacombs to save Crypt tokens for level 50 rings & jewels
                  I agree both Deep Freeze & Bloodthirsty strike have their advantages but both can be nullified by a mage, the skill set i suggest is most powerful against Mages & magic attack enemies
                  You can keep Gold & troop level with hero stats but I find that keeping them relatively close still keeps the bonuses from them but keeps your hero at a level that you can compete with those of same level and up to 5 levels above
                  As i speak as a level 52 archer with my skill sets I am able to take down level 56 mages with full 55 equipment and 50 rings/jewels
                  Wartune
                  S638 Ember Abyss - NightWolf

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Everything is so wrong in this guide. And daru seeds are bad + waste of time. Farming in the wilds makes more daru than planting. You're still new so it's understandable.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by MaverickEasterwood View Post
                      I disagree - all daru seeds are worthy
                      I take my knights to 40 to ensure you can gain max progess through Catacombs to save Crypt tokens for level 50 rings & jewels
                      I agree both Deep Freeze & Bloodthirsty strike have their advantages but both can be nullified by a mage, the skill set i suggest is most powerful against Mages & magic attack enemies
                      You can keep Gold & troop level with hero stats but I find that keeping them relatively close still keeps the bonuses from them but keeps your hero at a level that you can compete with those of same level and up to 5 levels above
                      As i speak as a level 52 archer with my skill sets I am able to take down level 56 mages with full 55 equipment and 50 rings/jewels
                      daru plants is waste of time and with this set of skills you have i cud easy beat you as an lvl 50 mage
                      dont lvl knights to 40 its waste of daru even with knights 33~35 you can reach high cata lvl to gathers crypt tokens for 50 rings and jewls

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by dlch90 View Post
                        Everything is so wrong in this guide. And daru seeds are bad + waste of time. Farming in the wilds makes more daru than planting. You're still new so it's understandable.
                        If everything is so wrong in this guide how comes I am ranked in total top 15 players on server, and top 5 Archers. Both on hero level and hero strength!!

                        It does work

                        This is a guide not a bible - not everyone will agree but those that follow it or a close path will find they level up at a sensible pace to be strong as well
                        Wartune
                        S638 Ember Abyss - NightWolf

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by MaverickEasterwood View Post
                          If everything is so wrong in this guide how comes I am ranked in total top 15 players on server, and top 5 Archers. Both on hero level and hero strength!!

                          It does work

                          This is a guide not a bible - not everyone will agree but those that follow it or a close path will find they level up at a sensible pace to be strong as well
                          You're overestimating yourself. This guide fail and i'm not expecting you to be even close to decent at your level. Perhaps a screenshot of your char will prove me wrong?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            i gotta agree with dlch90 post a ss of your char unbuffed

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              This is realy fail guide...you must learn this game few months more to understand about what we talking

                              _________


                              Crit Mage 80v
                              ~135k Br


                              _________


                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X