Mini-client not working

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a fix.

Everything I state in this post is a suggestion only. If you follow what I have done, there is chance that non malware system files on your PC may be damaged. This is at your own risk, and I accept no responsibility for it.

1) Read this, it's about the malware virus that KatherineK mentions. My virus scanner had quarantined all my Wartune Mini Client files for me.
    2) In the above linked article is a link to another page about a Symantec Norton product that probably can fix the problem, but might cause other issues, and how to use it.
    3) In the article linked in '2)' is this link to the actual product. It's worked so far for me and I have not had any adverse side affects so far.

As I say: this is at your own risk. I hope it works for you, if you try it.
    Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
    You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
    Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
    Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

Comment

Believe me, some already tried and got bad results after it. Fortunately could help to fix the problem, but might need system restore after this, if you'll do as you asked. So better just use browser till it is fixed. Won't do it by myself now, after I saw the results, as it is new computer. So if sth I would better recommend to just delete the file and don't even try to turn off your antivirus as you may regret it later. Use browser and wait till it is fixed. But those who are not patient, well... good luck. I truly hope your computer will survive.

Originally posted by GingerTheHutt View Post
      I have a fix.

Everything I state in this post is a suggestion only. If you follow what I have done, there is chance that non malware system files on your PC may be damaged. This is at your own risk, and I accept no responsibility for it.

1) Read this, it's about the malware virus that KatherineK mentions. My virus scanner had quarantined all my Wartune Mini Client files for me.
      2) In the above linked article is a link to another page about a Symantec Norton product that probably can fix the problem, but might cause other issues, and how to use it.
      3) In the article linked in '2)' is this link to the actual product. It's worked so far for me and I have not had any adverse side affects so far.

As I say: this is at your own risk. I hope it works for you, if you try it.
      I am wind of Changes...

R2Games Server 5
      Game: Wartune
      Allisandra

Comment

Well when it's a bug in game, from where players can get free rewards, bang in 30 sec emergency maitenance and they fix it....now? i can bet in 2 months this problem with client will not be solved

Comment

Dont think miniclient worth the trouble, its actually not a real client, just a browser shell...

Comment

It is better than playing in browser (I mean less lag etc), but if it is got virus in it, it is not worth of risking.
            I am wind of Changes...

R2Games Server 5
            Allisandra

Comment

imini client is a virus

that is what avast thinks and it deleted it from pc and not let me download again

Comment

not only 1 antivirus detected a virus in mini client, i know norton , avast avg think it is virus. and maybe they are right... we all know r2games have no respect at all to their players , so they can easy add some spyware agaent during this "patch"

Comment

Originally posted by 4ekogo View Post
                  not only 1 antivirus detected a virus in mini client, i know norton , avast avg think it is virus. and maybe they are right... we all know r2games have no respect at all to their players , so they can easy add some spyware agaent during this "patch"
                  That is the thing, before the main it was all okey, but after it we got a virus in it.
                  I am wind of Changes...

R2Games Server 5
                  Allisandra

Comment

this worked for me, uninstall adobe active x shockwave etc. then go to http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/flashplayer.html and install the beta version. seems ok now in IE but i rather hve mini client back.

edit lasted about an hour and back to laggy as hell
                    Last edited by Mudokon; 03-21-2015, 05:38 AM.
                    BuzzKill
                    Shadow Vale

Comment

I'm sure they don't put virus into it intentionally, but mistakes can happen. I once downloaded a game from the official publishers site and my antivirus said it is infected.

Comment

Working...
                      X