Floating Damage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floating Damage

I have an Astro called Enhanced Ruthlessness. It's effect is "Floating Damage Expanded by X%" . My question if someone could answer it is what is floating damage. thank you

basically your dmg range( i think, someone should correct me if im wrong), like min dmg to target = 1750, max dmg to same target = 4000 enhanced ruthlessness works best if you crit a lot since crits are normally at the top of your dmg scale

Comment

It has a chance to either increase or decrease your damage by x%
      Mad love for my crew

The golden rule in wartune
      Maximizeâ„¢
      Guess whose back with trouble?
      ©S174

Comment

Ruthlessness astral increases your maximum possible damage and your minimum possible damage. That means you can have some really hard hits and some really disappointing hits. In events that last a while, like world boss, Ruthlessness is break even. Over many attacks, the highs and lows average out and give you no benefit. It is in shorter instances where the astral has a chance to help or hinder you. When its just a handful of attacks you're concerned with, Ruthlessness has a chance to make you hit unusually hard and succeed where you'd normally fail. However, it also has the chance to make you hit weaker than usual and fail where you'd normally win. It can also give you all mid range values that are the same as if you weren't using it.

Short story long, its a way to increase your maximum possible damage output from a single attack, but is very luck based.

Comment

I've tested and tested Ruthlessness. Overall it always reduced my overall damage. I'd prefer an astral that decreased floating damage if one existed. My advice is ditch it.

Comment

for example, your damage is 90% to 110% by default.
            using lv 7 ruthlessness (49%) will make your damage ranged from 41% to 159%.
            it is a simplified example tho, the exact thing is a lot more complex than that.
            IGN: Kill Me
            S-385 (West Coast) - Crimson Lair

Comment

ruthlessness is good with EWD, only for mage build, ewd lvl 10 ruth lvl 7 = min 91% to 209%, that's the best configuration on this astrals

Comment

I've said it before and still stand for it, Ruthlessness is good when you just aren't strong enough. Issue in battleground? gotta get 5-6 dryads? try float, maybe you will get 1 lucky float(say you have lv8 crit dmg, that's 40%, meaning that when you crit you do 190%, add a lv7 ruth to it, and you do A LOT OF DMG, if lucky).

Comment

Working...
                X