Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Random disconnects and trapped out for varying lengths of time; ticket screen lists only R2 servers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Random disconnects and trapped out for varying lengths of time; ticket screen lists only R2 servers

This issue has been getting progressively worse since the weekend and is rendering the game unplayable. I'm getting disconnected from the game with no warning other than sometimes having strange lag a few seconds before the disconnect. Usually when disconnected, a refresh will get me back in, but recently, its been giving me connection timed out errors. Most of the time, its only for a few minutes, just enough to seriously sabotage any timed event, but today, I was trapped out of the game for several hours and subsequently cheated out of many time sensitive events. I've done everything I can on my end and nothing works:

1. clear cache/cookies/history
    2. restart browser
    3. try different browser
    4. restart computer
    5. restart router
    6. flush DNS
    7. change DNS to Google DNS (and flush dns to make sure change takes)
    8. change DNS to Open DNS (and flush dns to make sure change takes)
    9. try different computer
    10. update flash
    11. empty flash cache

Finally get back into the game and try to submit a ticket and find that I can't. Kongregate servers are not even on the list. It won't let me submit ticket without picking something from the dropdown box, but there is nothing I can pick.
    I attached a pretty picture of the ticket system showing only R2 servers. I removed email address from ticket before screenshotting since I don't want to give out that info to everyone who reads the forums.

Click image for larger version

Name:	NoKongServers.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	107.8 KB
ID:	1774974

This issue is not affecting everyone, just a few of us. I can see chat on kong sidebar telling me that most people are in with no problem, even when I am trapped out. When I am trapped out of the game, I also cannot access the R2 forum. There is something going on either on R2's end or between me and R2. Just need to know what the heck is going on so that I can play the game without these constant disconnects and being trapped out for unknowable amounts of time. Its taking what should be fun and turning it into a massive headache.

KS222, Kong tickets are slightly different than R2 tickets. Please read this post on how to file a ticket for Kong.

That being said, I see you're very thorough in what you've tried already. Kudos for that. Which browsers have you tried so far?
    "The trolls of the Ramtops call her Aaoograha hoa ("She Who Must Be Avoided")
    and the dwarf name for her, K'ez'rek d'b'duz, translates to "Go Around the Other Side of the Mountain."

On holiday. Please refer any issues to

Comment

I've used Maxthon, Chrome, FireFox, SRIronware, Opera, and Internet Explorer. When the problem happens, I can't get in using any of them.

Also, up until this platform change, the GM button in game worked for submitting tickets. Now that GM button redirects to the R2 Support site. That seems to me like the platform change broke the link.

Comment

Originally posted by KS222 View Post
        Also, up until this platform change, the GM button in game worked for submitting tickets. Now that GM button redirects to the R2 Support site. That seems to me like the platform change broke the link.
        Thanks, I'll inform them of that. It used to link to the old ticket form, for Kong?
        "The trolls of the Ramtops call her Aaoograha hoa ("She Who Must Be Avoided")
        and the dwarf name for her, K'ez'rek d'b'duz, translates to "Go Around the Other Side of the Mountain."

On holiday. Please refer any issues to

Comment

Working...
        X