Game seems to use a ton of CPU now

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game seems to use a ton of CPU now

Is it just me or is anyone elses CPU usage for this game ridiculously high? Can't see why idling in the castle city should take 30% CPU usage.

I don't know if it was the latest patch, or the latest flash player.. but something ain't right here anymore.

It's the latest patch. They broke caching & basically broke the game. Last time they broke caching was with the cloud city patch & it was fixed a few months ago. God knows how long will it take this time. And to make it worse, now we have eudaemons; 16 shadows instead of the 8 toon shadows. What fun!

Comment

I'm running window's 10 and play the game through the MS Edge browser on a desktop with an I5 processor and 16 gigs of ram. I can say that my cpu usage changes with what I am doing and how much memory my browser is using for the game. When I first log in I'm using less than 7% of my cpu and around 500-600 megs of memory. As time goes by the memory and cpu usage goes up. How fast depends on what i am doing. I usually have to refresh due to lagginess in the game when the memory usage starts getting to the 1 gig range. At 900+ meg memory range I'm using about 27-30% cpu with some lagginess which is when I generally refresh if I can. If i let the memory usage get up in the 1+ gig range I'm getting maybe 2 attacks before I am able to sylph and the combat graphics look more like screen shots that shake than animation.

Comment

With my mid-end system (I5 2.6ghz processor and 4gb RAM), I am experiencing those screen shot shakes with this patch. Before that, and with an IE-compatible browser app I wrote (one that doesn't use any add-ons conventional browsers have that takes up memory/CPU), I was able to run really fast through cloud city and could be able to execute skills when it is time. However, it's more like an AFK thing when I do Spire, MPD, or even Arena since the mouse disappears and pressing numbers (for shortcuts) won't give you the skill in time.
        Vicious! Approach with Caution!
        Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
        Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
        Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

Originally posted by Tempest04 View Post
          It's the latest patch. They broke caching & basically broke the game. Last time they broke caching was with the cloud city patch & it was fixed a few months ago. God knows how long will it take this time. And to make it worse, now we have eudaemons; 16 shadows instead of the 8 toon shadows. What fun!
          Never noticed previously the cache not working meant a high CPU/RAM usage. This really sucks.

Hope they get onto it ASAP. My system is by no means great but there is no reason this game should use the amount of resources it is right now.

Comment

As noted previously, before the patch, WT was taking well in excess of 1.1GB of memory before it just simple crashes (whitescreens). I have not looked at Task Manager since the patch but I am betting it is worse now.

Comment

It just got worse. Part of the patch was supposed to fix this..something about 'frame rate'. It only got worse, day after patch. Then the next day, my server merged with several others. Many parts of the game are unplayable. I go to flash Control Panel and clear everything, and up flash storage. I refresh about 8 times a night now. I have tried microsoft Edge on my laptop, it eventually needs to refresh. I use maxthon and then maxthon nitro on my desktop. Refresh, then use Chrome. It;s the game. It's not any of my machines. One is only used for Wartune. Whatever they tried to do with lag in the patch, they horribly failed.
              Reldra was here....

Comment

Working...
              X