Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amnesia bug

Just a question:

When the developers plan to correct the amnesia bug which is in the game since more than a year?

You choose a skill. Then, before it resolves, your opponent cast amnesia. If it turned off the skill you used, you will do an auto-attack instead, and you can't use any skill in the next turn either. You will auto-attack again.

It could be a debate if disabling the first skill is a bug or not. Imho, it is. If I already choose the skill, it should resolve. Or, at least, cancel it, and le me choose something else with a delay. But rendering unable to do anything for the 2nd turn is a sure bug. Can the forum mods report it to the developers please? Thanks!
    My blog about how to build the strongest character in Wartune using a minimum amount of balens:

This is same mechanism as the skill stun bug that blocks awakening the sylph in arena and battleground:

1) There is always delay between the application server and the client due to network and proxy issues
    2) Rendering code is unfortunately synchronous, only some applet closing events destroy it (such as end of the battle, that closes the swf applet).
    3) So application server time decides if you are under amnesia or not, no matter what you selected
    - opponent casted amnesia -> it is accepted by application server -> it is distributed to your client swf applet
    - you casted skill -> it is seen as blocked by application server -> it cancels it and distributed to your swf applet

Now what comes first to your applet (and how the applet is programmed) decides the behaviour:
    a) amnesia is accepted as second one -> you see casting
    b) amnesia is accepted as first one -> so you see auto-attack, but not the skills as they wait for your accepted/rejected skill -> as soon as it arrives, it enables your skills
    b.2) if it delays or is missed due to 404 response from proxy (proxy consistency error in reality), then you auto-attack forever.

Similar mechanism is the skill stun bug, but there is code in applet incomplete so it does not resets the icon and awakening button as counter is on server not in applet. Or the chat continues bug (while the network error window is shown but chat still continues new lines).

In summary:
    - the issue is between the code and its reality in jitter-affected proxy-based networks and it needs to solve full communication diagram of asynchronous ordering, which is too hard task between developers and cache consistency infrastructure team (proxy factory method affects the solution), so it is easier to program new dungeon and hope not so many people with escalate.
    - recent cache forgetting bug affects it also
    - the root cause is the multi-swf applet architecture with independent communication with servlets that synchronize (hopefully).

Anyway, where is the picture, as R2 always asks (I know that this needs video but at least they cannot deny its existence - no picture, no problem).

Comment

Very detailed bug analysis, thanks! Problem is, screenshot wont help here, might need a video to show it work. But I hope my bug description is pretty clear and sufficient enough. I hope the admins don't think I lie, because if they do, prolly they wont bother to forward it to the devs either even if I make a video
      My blog about how to build the strongest character in Wartune using a minimum amount of balens:

Comment

Originally posted by Fherlayt View Post
        Very detailed bug analysis, thanks! Problem is, screenshot wont help here, might need a video to show it work. But I hope my bug description is pretty clear and sufficient enough. I hope the admins don't think I lie, because if they do, prolly they wont bother to forward it to the devs either even if I make a video
        Both of your posts most certainly do help, however a video would most certainly make things 110% better. If you're able to make one, that would be great!
        Retired Moderator.

Comment

Working...
        X