Logging into forums

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EsmeWeatherwax View Post
    On the R2games.com website you had also ticket the Remember Me? Need to ask, just to be sure

I'm trying to recreate this with my normal account, yet I'm still logged in once I'm transferred to the forum. I'll keep on trying and see what it might be.
    Yes, forgot to say that, I always tick in "Remember me" because it is a hell to always have to login

I am Using latest Firefox, btw.

Did a Clear Cache, Cookies (for R2games and Wartune)
    Best Regards,

BrooBee

Character Type: Mage
    Guild: Ragnarok
    Server: S213 - Felmarsh
    Platform: R2Games
    Client: Mini Client

P.S Yes, I am a very angry customer as of now, since I have been treated like a dead ant in the woods by the DEVS D.S

Comment

I tried again.

Clear Cache and all R2games Cookies.

Closed down Browser (Firefox)

Surfed to http://www.r2games.com/

Had to login ofc.

Strange thing tho is this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-10-13 21_00_12-Play Free Online Games, MMORPG, Browser Games - R2Games.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	43.0 KB
ID:	1718349

It shows password as user name in the list, only that shows it is wrong programmed.

Well, I logged in and then I clicked on the Forum, choosed a thread and it opened another window
      and took me to the thread in forum. I WAS logged in on forum.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-10-13 21_00_46-Play Free Online Games, MMORPG, Browser Games - R2Games.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	1718350

I ticked in "Keep me logged in"

Then I closed down Browser again.

Surfed to http://www.r2games.com/

I was logged in there!

I clicked on forum and a thread, it took me to the thread in forum BUT I was NOT Logged in.

We have had similar situations before when it did not save our account info when we ticked "Remember me"
      Best Regards,

BrooBee

Character Type: Mage
      Guild: Ragnarok
      Server: S213 - Felmarsh
      Platform: R2Games
      Client: Mini Client

P.S Yes, I am a very angry customer as of now, since I have been treated like a dead ant in the woods by the DEVS D.S

Comment

Originally posted by MemoryLane View Post
        Is that even after checking all the Remember Me boxes? The forum uses cookies to determine if you're logged in. It won't save the cookie if you don't check Remember Me. Is your browser set up to dumb cookies when you close your browser?
        Yep had that same thing as well. Just turned off the computer for the night and boot it in the morn to come to forum and the block was empty, so it doesn't save unfortunately.

However, I am thinking (and you can correct me since you are closer than I) the only reason said log in at forum (this one) is not working is that they (R2 ad.mins) are converting the forum layout into the one that is being used now (different variables for user ID and password to be compared). I use a BIO-metric login system (random character generator that is stored and retrieved with a thumb print) to play the game before, but with the new login sequencer that was made by R2, it was incompatible that I had to get my password reset (to a physical form) so I can use it from then on.

Anyways, with this problem that happens seems like we have to go to the main site, log in, and then navigate to the forum.
        Vicious! Approach with Caution!
        Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
        Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
        Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

Originally posted by Meikura001 View Post
          Nope!
          This is how you do it:
          1. Go to http://www.r2games.com/forum
          2. Click on the login button on the top (same one you find at the game site).
          3. Enter your info.
          4. Click on "keep me logged in" (or some similar box) and log in.
          5. If your browser has info autosaved from address bar, just type in 188 to pull up the forum site from the drop down list and click on it to go.
          6. If your browser doesn't have such, then you have to manually find your way back to the forums.

Note: They broke the login section on the upper right corner (so now you have to go to the main site to log in). Even worse, when you log in another account to see if it was yours that was the problem and the quota numbers stacked up (as it is not 5 attempts each, but 5 attempts total from your computer). Already tested it on three kinds of browsers and it has nothing to do with cookies or flash (but that's the thing they will always say, right?).

Good call on that. Thanks for sharing the info.
          IGN: Swinella
          Class: Mage
          lvl: 80
          BR: 600k-ish+sylph+Useless kid
          Server: Kabam s79
          Completely free player. No VIP.

Comment

I've been having this issue for weeks, submitted a ticket, got the usual rubbish that showed they hadn't read the ticket info, then the ticket was closed. Yay for other players being able to solve what the *cough* support *cough* muppets couldn't.
            Last edited by Whiffy; 10-14-2015, 03:25 AM.
            ♥Hell♥
            Sybian
            S1 - VictisHNR
            *smoooooooooooooooooochies*

Comment

Nope!
              This is how you do it:
              1. Go to http://www.r2games.com/forum
              2. Click on the login button on the top (same one you find at the game site).
              3. Enter your info.
              4. Click on "keep me logged in" (or some similar box) and log in.
              5. If your browser has info autosaved from address bar, just type in 188 to pull up the forum site from the drop down list and click on it to go.
              6. If your browser doesn't have such, then you have to manually find your way back to the forums.

Note: They broke the login section on the upper right corner (so now you have to go to the main site to log in). Even worse, when you log in another account to see if it was yours that was the problem and the quota numbers stacked up (as it is not 5 attempts each, but 5 attempts total from your computer). Already tested it on three kinds of browsers and it has nothing to do with cookies or flash (but that's the thing they will always say, right?).

this worked for me thank you Meikura ^_^
              ooo naww, you didn't. you gotta be trollin' me o_O

Comment

You're welcome, folks. Guess, I was right all along. They did "fix" it by converting that block into a button for "login" which will redirect you to the "main" forum status page for you to log in to (pops up). However, you will still have to manually navigate to the forum location of need. Hoping they will put in a "previous redirect" so it can come back to the forum that you were in when you pressed that Login button so we won't have to do all that navigating to get back.
                Vicious! Approach with Caution!
                Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
                Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
                Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

You're welcome, folks. Guess, I was right all along. They did "fix" it by converting that block into a button for "login" which will redirect you to the "main" forum status page for you to log in to (pops up). However, you will still have to manually navigate to the forum location of need. Hoping they will put in a "previous redirect" so it can come back to the forum that you were in when you pressed that Login button so we won't have to do all that navigating to get back.
                  I've found I also have to logout of my R2 account, then log back in to get the forum to be logged in, even though my R2 account is already logged in
                  ♥Hell♥
                  Sybian
                  S1 - VictisHNR
                  *smoooooooooooooooooochies*

Comment

I have the same problem. I've been a member of the forums here for years and suddenly it won't let me log in. I had to log in using yahoo to type this but all my previous posts are gone. When I tried to log in it would say invalid email but if I try to make a new account it says email already exists. What a mess. Edit - And now I see it says this is my first post. WRONG! Get with it R2.

Comment

Originally posted by cyc2u View Post
                      I have the same problem. I've been a member of the forums here for years and suddenly it won't let me log in. I had to log in using yahoo to type this but all my previous posts are gone. When I tried to log in it would say invalid email but if I try to make a new account it says email already exists. What a mess. Edit - And now I see it says this is my first post. WRONG! Get with it R2.
                      Yeah I noticed that with others as well. Weird thing is that there are now, in your case, four cyc2u accounts. Your normal one, and three 'offspring', the latter all with different user numbers... That shouldn't be possible.
                      So it's not that your posts are gone, you just, somehow, ended up with a brand new account. I'm forwarding all those cases to the Forum Admin, so he can have a look into it.
                      "The trolls of the Ramtops call her Aaoograha hoa ("She Who Must Be Avoided")
                      and the dwarf name for her, K'ez'rek d'b'duz, translates to "Go Around the Other Side of the Mountain."

On holiday. Please refer any issues to

Comment

Originally posted by Gremlinz View Post
                        So frustrating reading the replies - then going to reply and having to find a way to log in to do so :/

Like Broobee - I found it works until you close your browser. Clicking the 'Remember Me' option doesn't seem to work now either. I don't have anything set up to dump cookies. The Remember Me option was working fine until a day (or so) ago.

Also, when it first happened, I thought that maybe I had forgotten my password, so went to try and change that. It told me it couldnt recognise my email address. This is the same email address that I have for my game account and (once i managed to log into forums and check) the same one loaded in on my forum profile settings.

I have been having the same issues. If it aint one thing it's another. Always have to logout/login just to use the forums but not to play Lagtune.
                        Sapphire
                        Mage Lvl.80:
                        BR:
                        106,802,118 Normal Mode
                        101,629,274 Dragon Mode
                        Server: S551 GlassMines
                        Guild: Spartans
                        Karma Will Grab You By The Hand and Lead You To Your Destiny

Comment

Logging in to forum is totally buggered.
                          The login icon at top of screen takes you to the forum page on the main site - which is pointless if your trying to login.
                          I'm using email address to log into forum and it shows my username on the forum.
                          Time to sack the idiot who buggered the login up.
                          He obviously does not know what he is doing.
                          Can only log in from MS Internet Explorer - Mozilla Firefox says invalid username and password.
                          Get this sorted out - login in to a forum is just a basic requirement which every forum seems to achieve except r2games, who can't get anything right.

The information on the first page only works in MS IE not Mozilla Firefox as the login does not show.

SACK THE IDIOT WHO CAME UP WITH THIS and ALSO THE IDIOT WHO CAME UP WITH THE NEW WEBSITE LAYOUT WHICH IS C R A P.
                          We do not want a short cut showing our posts - just a direct link into the forums using the normal login.

esme - we need all items in slots to go to 9999. Especially Vulcan's Stoves; Star Tear Shards and Sylph Exp. Scrolls. Have 4 slots taken up with Vulcan's Stoves and 4 with Star Tear Shards and now 2 slots taken by sylph Exp. scrolls.
                          Last edited by daft48eddiex; 10-19-2015, 07:50 AM.

Comment

Still not fixed - how long before we can log on to forums properly, instead of having to go thru a long winded process, which sometimes works and other times does not.

Comment

All I know is that the IT department is looking into what happened and possible fixes. Until then I'm afraid the inconvenience will last a bit longer.
                              "The trolls of the Ramtops call her Aaoograha hoa ("She Who Must Be Avoided")
                              and the dwarf name for her, K'ez'rek d'b'duz, translates to "Go Around the Other Side of the Mountain."

On holiday. Please refer any issues to

Comment

Working...
                              X