Arena Matching Fail

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arena Matching Fail

Today, I'm facing almost entirely players from my own server, all seem to be level 80 (ten levels above me) and all 700K or more higher battle rating than I have. Others in my guild are seeing all level 80 players as well, regardless of their level.

Add to that a few other things...I've crashed after a couple of rounds, spontaneously. But, I seem to be charged (a loss) for the round and don't get to run another.

And, we're still "blindfolded" by the buggy arena. I might have half a chance if I could see opponent class, what skills are coming, the damage I've done or healed, what sylph is being used and how strong it is. Instead, I get gray haze, uncheck the check box and it resets itself...which, with lag, means I never get to see anything. This is also being reported by all other members of my guild.

Rather than matching balance, the system seems to be imposing imbalance. If there's enough spend, you get the lesser spenders or free players as gifts today. Most are going 0/15 in my guild. Sorry, but that's unfair to the point we're just going to stop doing the event rather than be someone's gift. It was bugged before. It's impossible now. And pointless to run.

PLEASE fix!!

we had same thing, a lot of our matches were real low BR players. Same with result coming up if u crash out. Another guild member also commentated was gettin all 80's and he's 60.

Comment

lol 15/15 .. with 14 chaos rune kills .. .. i like the new mismatching

Comment

You big bully, Demoniced!

*warms up the chaos rune*

Comment

We are a 600's server and only played against 300's servers. Needless to say...they all won.

Comment

You try fighting single digit servers. That is what my 500 server runs into all the time.

Comment

The system again matches all together? I was alone and took only lvl 2 eudemon and it killed even 4 opponents.

Hope it will be corrected soon, as winning is good but not this way.

Or does it goes for weekly experience matching like in eudemon arena, so today stronger etc?

Comment

Up until today we have been matched with equal players and have won and lost. Today is the first time this has happened and it did this after the patch. If it had been several different servers maybe, but just the 300 servers is very strange.

Comment

I can confirm that this is happening. I am server 500+, and I was running into people I am killing with an opening rune shot. There was only ONE guy who managed to put up a fight, and even he didn't make it to sylph.

Much as I like winning 15/15 matches, this is not fun for the poor guys I am running into.

FIX THIS TURD, R2!

Comment

Lots of the same the next day. Guildies really not feeling the love here. Still blindfolded by the Hide function, that hides too much whether you want it or not and keeps you from making good choices about skills, so you're not really fighting another player anyway...you're only fighting the bugs in the game. Whether you're weak or strong, that's not the fun we're here for or expect.

If this wasn't an issue, taking nearly a minute to match on average, knowing others in the guild and on the server are doing arena at much lower BR's, yet time and again we don't see them we see only the strongest the game has to offer...all the discussion is this is about moneyed versus unmoneyed (or less-moneyed) players. Bad balance isn't incentive for anyone to suddenly start spending more. Had to say some good-byes again today, and not thrilled about that, either.

When I could see them, I think every opponent I saw but one today had a four-star orange sylph or red, and so did many or most eudaemons. My team had orange sylphs...well, three of us did, none on our eudaemons. No stars here...at 70, I can't do that upgrade. I'm wondering what could have actually been matched. Other than the fact I think 1M+ BR is nicely solid for my level (70), and this time I ran with some 80's, it's hard to know why both this crew and others running at the same time (some crews all under 80, or all under 75, or all 69 and under) all saw the same imbalances again. I think my comments from yesterday still are valid.

Having a whole team one-shot, when we're all over a million BR, regardless of our level, should say just how bad the system seems now. This isn't like when we were all 40K BR at level 60-65 and struggling a couple of years ago.

To be fair, we chose when (during the day) to fight because we have a clue when the worst of the wallet warriors is on line, and we won a couple today. But, seriously, crippling our ability even to see what's going on with a broken Hide, crippling matching to have such profound bias toward money...well, when it's not at all fun and so very pointless, people leave. Then, you'll have spenders left and many of them will have to lose sometimes. Then they'll leave. If it's at all about money, you need to keep players happy...all the players.

I have a level 48 alt on another server, around 40K BR (which is a fair BR for that level)...and saw again that same imbalance. And heard on that other server some of the same discussion about the imbalance.

Since starting this thread yesterday, there seems to be agreement or consensus here. And it seems to be a problem or a bug, so falls under the heading of support, I'd think. So...any comment from mods on whether it's seen by them as an issue, what else there might be to do about it, and perhaps chances of the devs (if needed) getting this addressed as well? Or, are we supposed to just sit in silence? I, for one, don't mind a game of chance...friendly competition. When it's a game of not a chance, I have better things to do. I hope there's something worth being said in response by those with their fingers in the guts of the game.

Comment

so you're trying to break campers balls again...
                      It's not even remotely funny.
                      Can we have official statement wether that ** is to stay or go please?
                      Are we to expect the same from bf's in future?
                      Last edited by freeswag91; 11-06-2015, 02:14 PM.

Comment

Camping or not, my level 48 alt just faced 15 rooms full of teams of level 70-80 players. At least it was quick.

This kind of lopsided matchup isn't about fun. It's about...well, I don't know what it could be about...there isn't even a remove chance I can dent these teams, nevermind beat them. So, a few hours later in the day, it's still going on.

But, it's not going to make me level, either. I either figure out I should quit (I'm slow...if the whole game is like this, perhaps I should have figured that out ages ago), or I get more stubborn than ever about camping level since nothing I ever do here will matter, even at level 80.

Is it about BR, about spend, about something that totally eludes me? Does it matter? It's just THAT bad. Whether I'm camping the level or not, I got those matchups. And the 80's in guilds on both servers are finding the same thing...we're just raw meat for folks with huge BR to get 15 quick wins. And that's not fun on either side.

Or, perhaps, you'll explain to me why a SOLO level 48 player should EVER be facing a team with 3 red sylphs right now, if you're actually trying to match things somehow to make it an arena instead of just a slaughterhouse.
                        Last edited by Centaur0001; 11-07-2015, 07:48 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X