arena only for 80s?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• arena only for 80s?

Hi i'm a lvl 62 mage br 250k and since the last patch all i've met in arena are 80s, usually in parties and this is not just my problem, on my server anyway. just to check, i did 31 arena fights today and all against 80s players. i met the same gang of 4 7 times... when i was a noob bg was a lot of fun and a good way of telling you where you stood in relation to others your own level. then bg emptied out and in the big cs events like class or titan wars everybody's overmatched if you listen to the grumbling. but now it looks like the only chance i'll ever have to win a fight is when i get to be a strong 80. please tell me that this is a glitch that's going to be fixed because right now your great game isn't much fun thanks!

Originally posted by cleverbren View Post
    Hi i'm a lvl 62 mage br 250k and since the last patch all i've met in arena are 80s, usually in parties and this is not just my problem, on my server anyway. just to check, i did 31 arena fights today and all against 80s players. i met the same gang of 4 7 times... when i was a noob bg was a lot of fun and a good way of telling you where you stood in relation to others your own level. then bg emptied out and in the big cs events like class or titan wars everybody's overmatched if you listen to the grumbling. but now it looks like the only chance i'll ever have to win a fight is when i get to be a strong 80. please tell me that this is a glitch that's going to be fixed because right now your great game isn't much fun thanks!
    No, the only way how you'll ever win is to start cash.

At least this is the R2's intention by this move.

Comment

Actually, they just removed the restrictions (level, br, etc) when matching and made it a "free for all" to join.
      Vicious! Approach with Caution!
      Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
      Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
      Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

meantime, my 3mil BR enters Arena alone, with 1 hp, no sylph, no kids

Spread the love and support the lower levels

PS. MsKink always puts the fellow players first ^^

Comment

Originally posted by Meikura001 View Post
          Actually, they just removed the restrictions (level, br, etc) when matching and made it a "free for all" to join.
          One issue is - it takes almost 40 to 59 seconds to match low levels, but good team I got in 23s the day before yesterday. So some BR-based matching does exist, only I have not decoded yet.

But arena is now boring even for big BR players, not only for the small ones. At least for me

Comment

The biggest problem with an arena full of overmatches and bgs full of nobody is that its almost impossible to keep new players. they get fed up fast and go find a game they can actually play

Comment

Originally posted by cleverbren View Post
              The biggest problem with an arena full of overmatches and bgs full of nobody is that its almost impossible to keep new players. they get fed up fast and go find a game they can actually play
              Yep that is so true. I dove into a new server that started more than a month ago (632) and was matched up with an entire West Server Cluster. I went back to 586/590 and got matched with 632 and 636 mostly. It's frustrating for me because I don't believe in 3-second fights either way (win or lose); I want to find a match where I am at wit's end as does the other team in strategizing a plan to defeat the other. If the fights take a long time, it's because both sides were doing something right to stay alive while trying to find an opening of momentum to take it to a win.

Comment

The matching time doesn't matter. We had a run last night when we were matching within 15 secs, and all were S600+, mostly solos. It was a massacre. Poor toons with L30 gear were staring down the barrel of a full team of L80s with full red gear. It was like clubbing baby seals.

Click image for larger version

Name:	baby-seal-picture.png
Views:	1
Size:	307.5 KB
ID:	1723742
                Club him. I dare you. Meanie!

Comment

No, I am not going to club that. Too cute. But, seriously, it does remind me of Shadowbound where it was a free-for-all without a bracket whatsoever, now that I just thought of it. Flame wars happened on that forum where the high BR/high levels were complaining there were not enough players to compete if matching was precise. I lost that war in wanting equal (or closer to) matching for all players. Now, I felt that any game that R2 has going, it's bound to repeat itself until one common generic will be known for every game they published.

Comment

Working...
                  X