Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has r2 lag finally signified the end of gamer support?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has r2 lag finally signified the end of gamer support?

HAS R2 LAG FINALLY SIGNIFIED THE END OF GAMER SUPPORT?

How much revenue loss does one company suffer before they begin to fix the performance issues driving away their fan based support?
    After a brief scan of the Wartune Forums, the number one topic all the players seem to be concerned with are the issues related to the lag and the java script.
    Yet, report after report on this issue since the September update would appear to have fallen on deaf ears.
    With R2 blaming 7Roads and vice versa, we can not find any resolution to this issue reported by either company.

Many players are now faced with the question: Is lag effecting their ability to remain competitive?
    Weather it is being forced to skip MPD/events entirely due to lag, or having to chose which players to accompany you that have the least amount of lag, everyone is effected by this issue in one form or another.
    As with any company's concern over the bottom line , it is becoming apparent that no change will take effect until it is felt in their pocketbook.
    While the rest of their player base hold our breath and wait for a resolution to this issue, dozens abandon the game all together in hopes of a more relaxing rewarding gaming experience elsewhere.

Kat Ryan S535
    When people are rude to you, they reveal WHO they are, not who YOU are.

They never had any gamer support. R2 customer "support" consists of them copying and pasting from a list of standard "answers", and if you are lucky, the copied and pasted section might even have something vaguely to do with your complaint.

Comment

Spending money on the game constitutes the form of support I was referring to. Logging, spending, playing, cashing, reporting on forums, creating/posting/commenting newsfeeds, Wartune based Facebook pages : these are all forms of player based support by Wartune gamers. But yet this is a typical response I expected.

Comment

I feel you, oldfriend.

I feel as though this company wants this game to die off intentionally.

I've stopped all spending and temptations to do so.

Such a shame this host can't provide correct means.

Comment

Originally posted by AdaJames View Post
          They never had any gamer support. R2 customer "support" consists of them copying and pasting from a list of standard "answers", and if you are lucky, the copied and pasted section might even have something vaguely to do with your complaint.
          You seem to be under the impression I am a Wartune hater. I am reporting on the facts of the situation which in my eyes has become severe enough to warrant a posting on the forums, which I NEVER DO.
          I love Wartune, I love playing it, I loved being G M of my guild and I love all the ppl in it. My server is suffering because of lag and it is breaking my heart.

Comment

I don't hate Wartune. I hate R2. There is a big difference.

Comment

Originally posted by oldfriend725 View Post
              HAS R2 LAG FINALLY SIGNIFIED THE END OF GAMER SUPPORT?

How much revenue loss does one company suffer before they begin to fix the performance issues driving away their fan based support?
              After a brief scan of the Wartune Forums, the number one topic all the players seem to be concerned with are the issues related to the lag and the java script.
              Yet, report after report on this issue since the September update would appear to have fallen on deaf ears.
              With R2 blaming 7Roads and vice versa, we can not find any resolution to this issue reported by either company.

Many players are now faced with the question: Is lag effecting their ability to remain competitive?
              Weather it is being forced to skip MPD/events entirely due to lag, or having to chose which players to accompany you that have the least amount of lag, everyone is effected by this issue in one form or another.
              As with any company's concern over the bottom line , it is becoming apparent that no change will take effect until it is felt in their pocketbook.
              While the rest of their player base hold our breath and wait for a resolution to this issue, dozens abandon the game all together in hopes of a more relaxing rewarding gaming experience elsewhere.

Kat Ryan S535
              When we started to dive into the lag (we monitor whatever part of the computer it is possible), we very quickly identified the hidden JavaScript issue.

So:
              1) We sent them the ticket showing the recorded throughput and force it through these "give us picture", "please record video", "nobody else has such issue" ... until we get that they will forward it to the developers, then they silently merge it with other unrelated issue and tried to forget about it
              2) We then went through all the JavaScript scripts and found that those in issue are loaded from other repository than the game.js (albeit in issue, this seems to be the 7road's), but from repository which is used by scripts for both Portal and forum monitoring
              3) Some of these scripts are vendor based (Google+, MS Flex, Facebook, CloudNet ...), which only generate additional income (and try to export our ID in these services, so Identity protection usually block it)
              4) But there is increasing number of scripts that use Google Analytics, and R2Games own analytics (jQuery.js aggregated) that monitor even single load (after last wee patch it again start additional monitoring)
              5) This is pure R2Games development which tries internally to sell their work as useful for analytics, bot protection ... whatever, profiting from non-existence of performance/UX manager

So for me this is not significance of end of gamer support, but support of junior coder staff (coders, not programmers). That can affect similarly any reselled game until the end of R2Games or firing these coders for better UX. We see lots of unfinished example of their work in the new Portal (maybe they do not know how to design), the monitoring scripts (memory hogs and bugs) and even on forum.

Significance of end of game support is the valuation twists - reduction of free items, offering them for balens/cash (still some people do not get that balens is only valuation of the online game service) and then as exchange for chests (eg. Golden Sand). It clearly states they want to grab as much as possible before ... the valuation team leaves the game.

Comment

I find it more interesting that the person who created this thread is now not able to make posts on forums

Lag is an issue, from DI losing so many rounds due to players lagging on dice etc, random d/c's and white screens through to taking forever to move. While progression and content is important (and obviously drives people to spend more), its all pointless if the
                game is unplayable.

Hood - 538
                "Lone Starr: What the hell was that noise?"
                "Dot Matrix: That was my virgin-alarm. It's programmed to go off before you do!" - Spaceballs

Hood - S538

Comment

Originally posted by AdaJames View Post
                  HAHAHAHHAHA This post made me laugh so hard I nearly passed a bit of weeeeee lol On a serious note the post is so true - I'm STILL waiting to receive my rewards for the 20 day consec recharge and the event ended 3 weeks ago.

Comment

-_- there always more complaint, and we all know exactly. But seem no1 can do anything abut it, either take a vacation off for a couple months and come back to see how much there change it, if it still the same than better off stop recharging and stop playing. Pretty much this how it is, life goes go on, move on to another game, or play in different site for wartune and make ur toon in the new server. No big deal. lol
                    East Server: 345 Crystal Plains
                    Character: Mage
                    Class: Knighthood
                    level: 80
                    Time Zone: (GMT - 5:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada)
                    Games play: League of Angel (first & 2nd vision), Wartune, Crystal Saga (First & 2nd Vision), Dragon Pals, Shadowbound, Lunaria Story, Swords of Divintiy, Dawnbreaker & God Wars [I'm everywhere to play, but of course now i'm focus on Wartune even Wartune I do have different server but won't say to much detail & I do change name depend what anime name]

Comment

Working...
                    X