Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MPDs broken and r2games insists this is due to player error! PLEASE READ!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MPDs broken and r2games insists this is due to player error! PLEASE READ!

So R2 has insisted that a coding error on their part has to be a user error, so as promised to the employee who works for r2 I will make this a public issue. Take of particular note that when match is clicked in every other event in the game it discontinues the matching system and has not been known to prompt events to start after you press cancel. Given this as the background information for this incidence, I will now share with you the email response I received from staff to this bug report I submitted, simply asking that r2 reimburse me the lost rewards from the final boss only from my daily MPD, which I still completed anyway with the group like a responsible non-meathead player. The rest goes as follows since I do not expect to hear anything further from this employee or his supervisor. I do hope that people take serious note of this posting and realize that purchasing from r2games, sevenroads, or any of the subsidiary providers is not currently enforceable through any of the current trade commissions, nor will the better business bureau of America take action to warn consumers against this company, as I have tried to go down both roads to no avail. This being said, sevenroads et al takes money from people with no guarantee of service and no fear of reprisal from consumers. Revealing your account information to these entities leaves you susceptible to financial loss without any avenue of compensation outside of their goodwill, which they display an extreme lack thereof, in case you haven't been following previous forum rants by countless other players. I had an incident with them early in my account history which prompted me to change my account number, credit card numbers, and take measures to safeguard my personal information, as I do not trust a service provider which does not display responsible and ethical business practices, and has sent me information and files in the past which have led to opening up my system to cyber attacks from Trojans among other viruses. I have been a free player of r2 for several years now, which I am grateful for my experiences gaming with others in Elysion (rank 1 cross-server r2games), but I fully expect to be banned after releasing this public statement, and intend to followup and ensure it remains posted for all to see until r2 holds itself accountable (which I don't expect), or I am finally banned, either of which I don't really care much towards either outcome, as long as some people are spared from being harmed in much the manners in which I have by my patronage of this company. Trolls are welcome, but please be civil, this is a serious discussion which needs to be had between the numerous hurt consumers out there and sevenroads et al who remain largely unaccountable to their deplorable management of their business from a consumer minded view.

Subject: MPD
    JAN 01, 2016 | 09:54AM CET
    R2 Charles replied:

Greetings,
    Thank you for your recent inquiry. While we understand that it is a frustrating situation, unfortunately, we are unable to compensate, exchange, or correct an issue in which the player was at fault. We truly understand that mistakes do occur and that is why we have several measures in place to safeguard against mistakes in selling or buying a wrong item, synthesizing or destroying the wrong equipment, etc. Please be more careful in the future to avoid such issues. Again, we apologize for the inconvenience you have encountered in regards to your concern.
    -The R2Games Team

How helpful was your Support Elf ? (Please Note, this is simply for rating the support you have received, not for providing R2 Games with additional information concerning your ticket.

DEC 29, 2015 | 11:56AM CET
    Original message
    Pain wrote:
    I have a screenshot of the game giving me credit for initial completion by way of devotion and at the same time say maximum attempts reached. I clicked match by accident instead of start, so I clicked cancel then start. I entered dungeon and immediately it passed the leadership to the last person in the party and said I had no attempt remaining, will not receive rewards. This was for EF Hell, and yes I still completed the dungeon, so could I please get rewards for the last boss, that's all I wanted from it anyway. Thanks, fix this soon pls. I can respond by email with the screenshot if needed, it won't let me upload since my screenshooter doesn't save as jpeg/png but as bmp.

RATE THIS THREAD IF YOU WANT TO SEE MPD'S FIXED OR HAVE HAD PROBLEMS WITH THIS, YOUR VOTE CAN COUNT! 1 is not relevant at all and 10 for very relevant, thanks guys.

Your friendly neighborhood ghost,

Pain
    Not important at all
    16.67%
    FIX ME NOW!!!
    83.33%
    Last edited by Ashire; 01-02-2016, 11:10 AM. Reason: there is no forum rule 8 posted

You must be the last person on earth that found out cross-server mpds are broken Accidents happen, its your own fault for entering the cross-server mpd when its broken.
    <Wartune>

Name: NightFer
    Server: S183
    Class: Mage
    Level: 80
    BR: 3mil+
    Guild: Fallen

Comment

I knew it was broken, but I hit the match button, then I hit cancel. Waited for timer to stop, then hit start and entered dungeon. The dungeon loaded and started with attempt, then the screen glitched, flashed black for a second, then said the last person in the party was now the leader, instead of the next person in the party like it would normally if someone were to refresh or dc. It then brought up the screen which normally pops up in the room when clicking to enter a dungeon without attempt prompting to ask me that I had no attempt remaining, and I would receive no rewards if I wished to continue, and this happened while inside the dungeon already., Not sure if this has anything at all to do with the cross-server attempt which was cancelled, but I did enter the dungeon under a regular attempt. I am aware that the cross-server match is broken, but I've never seen this kind of a glitch related to it before.

Comment

You think that is bad? The glitch can pull you into a MPD HOURS after the fact. I have heard of people getting pulled in during their Narrandera attempt. BOOM! 1 week gone.

Comment

I'm not even that concerned over the rewards, it was r2's response towards it that really irked me. We wrote some sloppy code, it messes up our game, but it's the player's fault for that, so too bad.

I started developing MMORPG code back when MUDs were switched over from forum format with sys/ops to telnet ftp:// protocol and integrated a lot of Diku/Circle code-base into one of the largest online platform games of it's time. I can tell you with no uncertainty there is some very messy code behind that, and no player is at fault for poor work. Whoever's section was responsible for developing or QA for that section of the game should have this brought to their attention because it's causing players to lose enjoyment in their game, and hence the company's revenues. Moderators- I understand you're attempting to enforce a rule for the forum, but this issue is very relevant to player satisfaction, and has not been brought about in any sort of inappropriate fashion. This is about accountability, and the people responsible for this mess should be held accountable.
          Last edited by Whakapono; 01-03-2016, 02:52 AM. Reason: merged posts

Comment

Diku/Circle, eh? Which MUD?

A big one of that code base sounds familiar...

Comment

Originally posted by NightFer View Post
              You must be the last person on earth that found out cross-server mpds are broken Accidents happen, its your own fault for entering the cross-server mpd when its broken.
              It's not really his foulth. This button has been reported as broken since day 1, yes. But is it the player responsibility to not click it, or r2 to simply remove it?

Does r2 even know you can exploit the matching button to get rewards most player otherwise wouldn't? I bet if they did they would remove it asap.

Point being: They know it's bugged, even forums mods have said "DO NOT USE IT!", however is there a sticky that says it? why doesn't r2 remove it? Simply put: R2 doesn't lose anything else than a few tickets that it is left there, broken.

Comment

best way to cansel if hit match by accident is leave room and refresh fast before it find a group .
                That way you not get in later, on runs like narr etc and loose that run.
                So not see the prob , used to refreshing anyways =)

Comment

Working...
                X