Missing Mail Items

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing Mail Items

Long story short, some mail items were deleted ahead of time. Filed support ticket. They said the items had expired and they could not recover it for me. Both my screenshots and the deletion deadline as shown in the mailbox before the deletion confirmed that the mails were not supposed to expire yet, but they said "their system doesn't give them wrong info" and insisted on their conclusion. I'm not sure what to do now. It seems like the server time as indicated by their server and the remaining time as indicated by the mailbox do not serve as a valid timestamp for them. Or do they mean their system "doesn't show THEM wrong info", but it "can give US (the players) wrong info"? Let's say, if their mailbox told me my mails would stay for another 12 hours, but they were gone in a minute after I refreshed, whose fault should this be? And what should I do in order to get back the items that I should not have lost in the first place?

Much appreciate any info.

Originally posted by R238423534 View Post
    Both my screenshots and the deletion deadline as shown in the mailbox before the deletion confirmed that the mails were not supposed to expire yet, but they said "their system doesn't give them wrong info" and insisted on their conclusion. I'm not sure what to do now.
    I'm not sure I follow. You had screenshots from before the items went missing, and used that as evidence that they were deleted early, even though you could not verify (objectively) when the screenshots were taken? It's really, really unfortunate - but not really all that surprising they dismissed them.

It seems like the server time as indicated by their server and the remaining time as indicated by the mailbox do not serve as a valid timestamp for them. Or do they mean their system "doesn't show THEM wrong info", but it "can give US (the players) wrong info"?
    It's probably a little bit of both, the server time is always off for me when I see it; only safe to assume it's wrong for them slightly as well at least.

Let's say, if their mailbox told me my mails would stay for another 12 hours, but they were gone in a minute after I refreshed, whose fault should this be? And what should I do in order to get back the items that I should not have lost in the first place?
    Whos fault is it.... probably 85-95% theirs and 5-15% yours..... I guess?

First rule of keeping things in the mail - do not keep anything in their you are not alright with losing.
    Second rule of keeping things in the mail - refresh them at least 3 days before they are about to run out.
    Third rule of keeping things in the mail - If you lose something.... mourn your losses.... because R2 will never give them back.

Sorry you lost stuff, hope it wasn't too big of a loss.

Comment

If you're flicking between browsers, or doing something in the background while playing, it is possible that times can 'pause' or 'slow' in game (including server time). I have had this issue in the past when I had a slower machine. 12 hours may be a long time difference, and could indicate you may have had your computer on overnight (?).

Either way, this is more of an informative post rather than one that could assist getting your items back. It is an unfortunate situation to be in; I'm sure a few of us have *face palmed* over similar situations. I hope in future items are claimed sooner to avoid this happening again

Thank you Alsatia01 for the pointers ^_^
      Retired Moderator.

Comment

same to mee

Comment

Originally posted by Whakapono View Post
          If you're flicking between browsers, or doing something in the background while playing, it is possible that times can 'pause' or 'slow' in game (including server time). I have had this issue in the past when I had a slower machine. 12 hours may be a long time difference, and could indicate you may have had your computer on overnight (?).
          Pretty sure the problem isn't on my end. Just say'n.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Alsatia01; 01-26-2016, 01:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Alsatia01 View Post
            I'm not sure I follow. You had screenshots from before the items went missing, and used that as evidence that they were deleted early, even though you could not verify (objectively) when the screenshots were taken? It's really, really unfortunate - but not really all that surprising they dismissed them.

It's probably a little bit of both, the server time is always off for me when I see it; only safe to assume it's wrong for them slightly as well at least.

Whos fault is it.... probably 85-95% theirs and 5-15% yours..... I guess?

First rule of keeping things in the mail - do not keep anything in their you are not alright with losing.
            Second rule of keeping things in the mail - refresh them at least 3 days before they are about to run out.
            Third rule of keeping things in the mail - If you lose something.... mourn your losses.... because R2 will never give them back.

Sorry you lost stuff, hope it wasn't too big of a loss.
            I always made screenshots of guild vault before sending them to mail, that way I always know where to look for stuff I need. The server time is included in each screenshot, in the header area. The screenshots were made BEFORE I kicked myself out of guild, so the time shown is actually a little earlier than the actual time I sent them to mail. The metadata of these image files also store such date-related info, and it can be extracted by file readers or forensics tools.

Now back to the missing mail incident. The last time I checked my mailbox, it showed there were some 12 hours before expiration. That was what their system had shown to me. Neglecting a small amount (less than 1 hour) of time difference, what their mailbox showed was consistent with the time shown in the headers of my screenshots.

But the deletion happened hours before the time shown in both places, which means they were gone before the supposed (calculated from the date of guild kick) and indicated (by my mailbox) deletion deadline. It's gone on the same calendar day on the server, just hours earlier.

I used to shuffle mail vault 5-7 days ahead of time, but not any more. It has become very cumbersome to ask for kick and re-invite since the time when my guild was merged with another guild. I even came back to my old guild to sort inventory, but asking them for kick sometimes could take a few days and I don't want to pay for the CD.

The items are not particularly valuable for game play, but they took long (since 2013) to collect and I keep them half for important events/activities and half for memory (of my good old days with my good old friends, who had been gone for long).

Comment

Either way, this is more of an informative post rather than one that could assist getting your items back. It is an unfortunate situation to be in; I'm sure a few of us have *face palmed* over similar situations. I hope in future items are claimed sooner to avoid this happening again

Thank you Alsatia01 for the pointers ^_^
              I grabbed most items and logged off, but logged on again and checked mailbox before I logged off again. I logged back some 9 hours later and they were gone. There was no noticeable difference (over 1 minute) between sever time and real time when I checked.

Not that I didn't want to grab those items when I was checking them, but I was under a tight deadline in real life and could not take another few minutes to log into my alt without risking missing the hourly bus (and subsequently the airplane).

I do not know how they had concluded my mails had expired. If their system doesn't give them wrong info, then it shouldn't have given inconsistent results. If the info I see is wrong, then it would have to be their system giving wrong info. It's impossible to follow if what they show on my end is different than what it shows on theirs.

Not to mention, I don't even know if they read their system log right. In a previous support case, they had insisted that I received a level 8 gem by synthesizing a level 7 gem, which was not a possible thing to happen. After seeing their screenshot, their log actually showed 3 level 7 gems were taken and 1 level 8 gem was returned by blacksmith, which verified my claim (and I got it back).

But any ways, seeing what others had said on this forum, it's really their usual practice to decline recovery requests for missing mails regardless of what reason or whose fault that is.
              Last edited by R238423534; 01-23-2016, 02:50 AM.

Comment

If you need to contest your ticket, feel free to include this forum thread. If you include screenshots, be sure to give as much detail as possible (if you have not done so already). Make things simple to read; bullet points help, long winded sentences/paragraphs wouldn't. Point out facts from your screenshots (as you have in the above post).

Some advice I would say when contesting tickets (for any issue), is to be patient, and polite. These two things could assist anyone in any situation. Can't promise anything, but if you were to try, it could (hopefully) help. Good luck
                Retired Moderator.

Comment

If you need to contest your ticket, feel free to include this forum thread. If you include screenshots, be sure to give as much detail as possible (if you have not done so already). Make things simple to read; bullet points help, long winded sentences/paragraphs wouldn't. Point out facts from your screenshots (as you have in the above post).

Some advice I would say when contesting tickets (for any issue), is to be patient, and polite. These two things could assist anyone in any situation. Can't promise anything, but if you were to try, it could (hopefully) help. Good luck
                  plz check ur pm

Comment

Long story short, some mail items were deleted ahead of time. Filed support ticket. They said the items had expired and they could not recover it for me. Both my screenshots and the deletion deadline as shown in the mailbox before the deletion confirmed that the mails were not supposed to expire yet, but they said "their system doesn't give them wrong info" and insisted on their conclusion. I'm not sure what to do now. It seems like the server time as indicated by their server and the remaining time as indicated by the mailbox do not serve as a valid timestamp for them. Or do they mean their system "doesn't show THEM wrong info", but it "can give US (the players) wrong info"? Let's say, if their mailbox told me my mails would stay for another 12 hours, but they were gone in a minute after I refreshed, whose fault should this be? And what should I do in order to get back the items that I should not have lost in the first place?

Much appreciate any info.
                    Same thing happened to me. 'Support Elves' want screen shots. LOL, like people take SS of their mail daily. Happened at rollback.
                    Reldra was here....

Comment

Working...
                    X