Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adobe Flash Cache after patch

Hi guys

Last time when i check the cache, if we set unlimited storage, it will store about 200~400mb of flash cache

Now after the patch, i see the storage is just about 3kb (unlimited storage setting)

Anyone seeing same thing?

Don't this create more loading & lag?

Originally posted by Haliloo View Post
    Hi guys

Last time when i check the cache, if we set unlimited storage, it will store about 200~400mb of flash cache

Now after the patch, i see the storage is just about 3kb (unlimited storage setting)

Anyone seeing same thing?

Don't this create more loading & lag?
    Cache hasn't been working properly for the past two or three patches. But to answer your questions - Yes, and yes.

Comment

I would thought that cache was supposed to save to the computer to make loading speedier and easier. Prior to Patch 5.0, I was utilizing 5 modules in a pagination formation (makes it easier to navigate between each window through clicking since the game is at a certain resolution and size that it can be "cascaded" with others across a 55in HDLEDTV) along with a high speed connection (60MBPs); I was blazing through everywhere. However, after 5.0, things took a <expletive> turn where performance is near sluggish. In a week or two, I will be putting more memory to an already old system to see if it was my end (and why if it was going good before, why now) or still at R2's. But since then (5.0), and even now, we are still loading every scene, every sprite, and every little pixel when we want to do something.

Now, I don't work at R2, but going to assume that each server created is a partition that is on a larger system. And each partition has a large list of accounts that are logged onto it. Merging might be a good thing to open up space; however, you will get a bottleneck since now, it's not only one server's connection worth going through a pipe, but 2, 3 or even more going through that pipeline. For those who are not computer savvy, think of it as a water pipe with water going through, and you have 2 or more pipes going into it with water flowing to it as well. Not a pretty sight as all that water is trying to get into one place.

Then again, there is that Sprint or Verizon commercial that showed that door way with a lot of people trying to go through. That's what merges going unchecked are like. Hell, that's what equipment going unchecked without preparation is like.

Anyways, I do not know what posses them in removing such a setting. In my SpyBot SnD clean up, I used to get like 30-something instances from R2. However, I only got one and that is files.sol. What happened to the rest is way beyond me.
      Vicious! Approach with Caution!
      Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
      Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
      Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

Actually it creates less lag since it was implemented a few patches ago. Things have moved a lot faster for most everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Meikura001 View Post
          I would thought that cache was supposed to save to the computer to make loading speedier and easier. Prior to Patch 5.0, I was utilizing 5 modules in a pagination formation (makes it easier to navigate between each window through clicking since the game is at a certain resolution and size that it can be "cascaded" with others across a 55in HDLEDTV) along with a high speed connection (60MBPs); I was blazing through everywhere. However, after 5.0, things took a <expletive> turn where performance is near sluggish. In a week or two, I will be putting more memory to an already old system to see if it was my end (and why if it was going good before, why now) or still at R2's. But since then (5.0), and even now, we are still loading every scene, every sprite, and every little pixel when we want to do something.

Now, I don't work at R2, but going to assume that each server created is a partition that is on a larger system. And each partition has a large list of accounts that are logged onto it. Merging might be a good thing to open up space; however, you will get a bottleneck since now, it's not only one server's connection worth going through a pipe, but 2, 3 or even more going through that pipeline. For those who are not computer savvy, think of it as a water pipe with water going through, and you have 2 or more pipes going into it with water flowing to it as well. Not a pretty sight as all that water is trying to get into one place.

Then again, there is that Sprint or Verizon commercial that showed that door way with a lot of people trying to go through. That's what merges going unchecked are like. Hell, that's what equipment going unchecked without preparation is like.

Anyways, I do not know what posses them in removing such a setting. In my SpyBot SnD clean up, I used to get like 30-something instances from R2. However, I only got one and that is files.sol. What happened to the rest is way beyond me.
          From what I've seen there are basically two types of wartune lag - Internet lag, and computer lag. I myself have internet that's probably better than at least 95% of other users - so most, if not all of my in-game lag is due to my computer. (ie. the big four - CPU/GPU/RAM/HD)

CPU seems to be the biggest indicator of how manageable computer lag will be. I know from previous experience, and trouble shooting with other people that certain types of CPU's clash with wartune/flash; particularly high core, low speed CPU's. So best case results tend to be from a dual/quad core with respectable performance benchmarks.

GPU is a bit of a mystery as far as I'm concerned (I have a mid-level Nvidia card, so I can't say much either way). I've heard that Wartune sends pre-rendered frames to users, so that there's not much for GPU's to do. If this is true, then using software rendering wouldn't have much impact on performance (and it doesn't for me either). Maybe someone has some more insight on this?

As for RAM/HD speeds I couldn't really say all that much. Maybe if cache was working and you had a really good RAID/SSD setup you would see a performance increase? Not a clue.

Originally posted by spincycle View Post
          Actually it creates less lag since it was implemented a few patches ago. Things have moved a lot faster for most everyone.
          In theory, it creates more lag. Every time someone logs-in or relogs the server has to reupload resources to the user, instead of someone just logging in and using resources they already have.

P.S. - I remember someone mentioning in another post about a switch to HTML5.... wouldn't that be fancy.

Comment

Originally posted by spincycle View Post

i dont know who "everyone" is but "everyone" is lagging to the point of stand still and having to refresh on even the most simple things

Comment

Originally posted by Alsatia01 View Post
              P.S. - I remember someone mentioning in another post about a switch to HTML5.... wouldn't that be fancy.
              Yeah it would be if they manage to get something done right. But this is R2 we're talking about.

Got a Dual Core Intel i5 myself with 4GB RAM and a 500GB SATA drive. I am able to play any other game (flash and unity based) without a problem. I am able to strap on six to eight client based programs for an old game I used to play without any noticeable lag. I am able to run "broadcast" grade media (videos, music, etc.) thus making this laptop (when docked to my 55) an ultimate entertainment (and work) system of choice.

Thing is, when R2 do their "upgrades" to the game, that puts a lot of people (majority) in a position that they either have to go out and upgrade, that they have to go out and buy a new system, or that they have to leave the game since their "current" system could not handle such. When I came back to the Wartune scene less than a year ago, I had benchmarked that current patch with using 4 modules. The 5th came as an experiment to a class I wanted to try out (mage). All were working well prior to Patch 5.0 in terms of performance. I was able to have quick reflexes to switch between "pages" (cascaded windows) to press the hotkey I need for the skill I want to use that left many people who faced a 4-man team of the same outfit wondering how they were able to execute in such precision. When 5.0 came out, that performance downgraded because it took them (the other side) 6 moves before I was able to execute one of mine. Since then, I had just let them go on manual until I just say "<expletive> it" and stopped doing events altogether. Thought it was me until everyone else was having that same problem as well. R2's answer: do not download items or use internet based software while playing the game. Are you serious? Isn't it why many of us subscribed to higher speeds so we can do things faster and make life easier?

R2 had no concept on Murphy's Law. What is not broke is "fixed", what is broke is still "broken". This game could have been a very good game if they mind their Ps and Qs, dot their Is, and cross their Ts.
              Vicious! Approach with Caution!
              Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
              Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
              Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

Working...
              X