Sylph Expedition Ranking Rewards Broken

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sylph Expedition Ranking Rewards Broken

There are times I would blitz the Sylph Expedition after completing everything else and didn't want to stay up until midnight (West Coast Server reset time). However, when I log in the next day (and I had replicated this for a few days now), I would clear out the blitz window (as it is completed) but I do not see the "Sylph Expedition Rewards" for the rank icon popping up as opposed to having it completed (closing the blitz box) before reset. I know 20 divinity shards isn't much, but if a top player who is in a higher ranking had to leave his/her blitz on and logs out, that would probably frustrate them if they are receiving more than me. I think this needs to be looked at and probably a fix needs to be done.
    Vicious! Approach with Caution!
    Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
    Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
    Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

When you log out, it saves the state of things. That state does NOT change UNTIL you log in. This holds true for ALL things, including:
    -blitz
    -stamina
    -effects like pots
    -gold accumulated

This has several fun effects:
    -you keep your BR from pots and scrolls until you log back in. In the old days, this means you can be several ranks higher at refresh than you can normally attain if you pot up and buff up before logging off. I am not sure how this interacts with the new BR loss bug R2 has introduced to kick balen whales in the nuts.
    -if you log off with 0 gold, you will have 0 gold until you log back in, when all of the gold you should have gotten during the loged off time comes in in one lump sum. This means when you are plundered during that time, the opponent gets 0 gold.
    -stamina from blitz is deducted when you log on. That means if you blitz for 7 campaign rounds and log off, you will end up with only 80 stamina the next day (the first round is deducted immediately, so it doesn't count, but the other 6 WILL).
    -blitzing catacombs and then logging off does funky things to your catacomb attempts the next day.
    -blitzing sylph expedition means you are ranked according to the level you were on when you logged off, not the max level attainable.

In other words, the game basically stops when you log off and picks up again when you log on. The calculations are NOT done until you log back in. This is not a bad thing as it cuts down drastically on server resources required, but it causes all sorts of unintended consequences on the other (player) end.

Comment

I thought it would be like in real time, but you did brought up an interesting point that I had seen during my gaming life in Wartune.

I guess I will have to watch my "blitzing" from here on out. I am not tied into the game as much as opposed the last year when I first started back from a 2-year break. Buying a home and fixing it sure does consume a man. Frankly, I was just glad that I finished most things so I can blitz them, and other things I just stayed away until I have some "free" time to sit down and do them (missed stuff of EXP gets EXP when I check in, am at 20 mil a day now which is good enough to check up on my talents to be used).
      Vicious! Approach with Caution!
      Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
      Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
      Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

Working...
      X