Offline BR drop

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Offline BR drop

The offline BR drop is effecting many things including being one-shot in solo duels, being plundered by people that would never have a chance, Top 10 server BR rankings, etc. Here are a few screen shots of my game spouse before and after log in. His sylph and eudamon are always equipped (on or offline) just like most other players. This has been a problem since the patch that made intensity, tenacity and resistance included in our BR. There is no way he should be listed 44th in the Top 10 rankings lol
    Click image for larger version

Name:	apbrdrop1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	493.4 KB
ID:	1781341Click image for larger version

Name:	apbrdrop2.jpg
Size:	487.8 KB
ID:	1781342Click image for larger version

Name:	apbrdrop6.jpg
Size:	502.3 KB
ID:	1781343Click image for larger version

Name:	aptop10rankingbrdrop.jpg
Size:	489.6 KB
ID:	1781344
    Frozenshade
    R2Games
    S385 CrimsonLair

You can clearly see the difference in stats on and offline
    Frozenshade
    R2Games
    S385 CrimsonLair

Comment

This bug has been very frustrating, and no one seems to know what to do about it. It's driven more that a few players from the game. Why bother working and spending money to build your toon when all the lower level one have to do is wait until you're offline for a bit and plunder away. I've lost so much gold to this bug, not to mention arena ranking and rewards, and all the other things, Chaos wars ranking etc...

Comment

Stop keeping gold, then. Use the animals trick. What is wrong with you?

Comment

I've typically enjoyed reading your posts Ada, but this one rubs me the wrong way.
          I do use the animal trick, but there are times I may not do it such as right before I leave for work when I trigger a blitz, and you still lose gold if you have much at all and get plundered, not to mention the HP loss, and any gold from the arena ranking.
          What's really frustrating is the little snots that want to attack and plunder someone simply because of a bug. Plunder and run cause they know I'm hitting back when I'm back online.
          I've been playing this game for a long time and I've really enjoyed it, I may not know all the tricks but I try to keep playing and stay competitive.
          I know bugs happen so when this one showed up I waited patiently for it to be fixed, and just stayed logged in, but we still get no updates on it.

Comment

The HP loss is a separate issue and has nothing to do with the BR bug.

You do not lose HP from being plundered. WT is actually quite good with this. You do NOT lose troops or HP when you are the one attacked. Only the attacker loses troops and HP. This is true for Wilds attacks, solo arena, henna lab and the like. It is one of the factors that does make WT shine over a bunch of other games.

I fail to see how losing 11k gold while you are offline affects you in any way. I always have less than 200k gold when I go offline and if I get plundered, so what? It is still more than enough to cover any blitz that happens to be on.

Losing 11k gold at a time is not a lot by any measure. You try losing 800k gold at a time, which is what happens when I start going on a plunder rampage because some idiot guild decides to start a plunder war with mine. I go for MAXIMUM damage to drive the point home and I don't care WHO in the guild I hit (100k BR, 5M BR, new member, guildleader, they ALL get hit). And I let them know why they get hit in exquisite detail.

The bug is there, yes. But if you are using the animal trick, then you are not losing "much gold". If you are not (and that includes using it only half-heartedly), then you are an idiot and get no sympathy. And if you are getting hit again and again, then I suspect that you are NOT doing the animal trick, which is why they keep coming back.

Comment

what is the animal trick ?? can some one explain plz?

Comment

Originally posted by R23137579 View Post
                what is the animal trick ?? can some one explain plz?
                You just buy cows/deer/horses/goats.

One animal costs 200,000 gold to buy, and gives 200,000 gold when sold. It makes it very easy to hoard an insane amount of gold, at the low price of an inventory space.

Comment

Originally posted by Alsatia01 View Post
                  You just buy cows/deer/horses/goats.

One animal costs 200,000 gold to buy, and gives 200,000 gold when sold. It makes it very easy to hoard an insane amount of gold, at the low price of an inventory space.
                  It scares me with people doing this... not saying it'll ever happen, but what if the devs decide to change the sale price of animals one maintenance?
                  Retired Moderator.

Comment

Originally posted by Whakapono View Post
                    It scares me with people doing this... not saying it'll ever happen, but what if the devs decide to change the sale price of animals one maintenance?
                    Your job will get a lot more difficult. People will begin to cuss you out for no reason. Erm, they will cuss you out more.... for no reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Whakapono View Post
                      What else are they going to store gold with? It is not as if there is any other path to do so. And given the 400M limit, well, that is not enough for a decent Holy Forge run.

The problem, as usual, is R2 not thinking things through again. There is NO WAY that you can store enough gold to do 3000 HF attempts without some way to store them (their upper limit for the event PER DAY). The 400M limit precludes this.

Comment

Originally posted by AdaJames View Post
                        What else are they going to store gold with? It is not as if there is any other path to do so. And given the 400M limit, well, that is not enough for a decent Holy Forge run.

The problem, as usual, is R2 not thinking things through again. There is NO WAY that you can store enough gold to do 3000 HF attempts without some way to store them (their upper limit for the event PER DAY). The 400M limit precludes this.
                        Well it's probably safe to assume that R2 didn't intend on players to use them to store gold. It's just a neat.... bug, if you will.

Comment

Well you have one other option. If you're so bothered by the BR of only the hero as it seems, leave your game logged in indefinitely. Problem solved and no one can plunder you. Of course now you will pay more for electric costs and eventually your pc will burn up, leading to buying another pc. So in the end its cry over pixels or get over it, buy farm animals, and play as usual ignoring the losses.
                          I went from the top 20 in my server to now top 50. I gave up being the best or trying to get there as older servers kept being added and eventually I lost ranks.

Just enjoy the game as it is cuz you too will be merged and same story. Unless your a harder casher than me that is.

Lil formula for you: Cashers=r2 developing this game further. No cash the game dies

Comment

Originally posted by Alsatia01 View Post
                            Well it's probably safe to assume that R2 didn't intend on players to use them to store gold. It's just a neat.... bug, if you will.
                            Well, I don't count on R2 largesse, so I pack rat all the gold heavy items, like the sacks of gold, L6 crystalloids, sylph eq shards and things like that. My guild vault is full of the things. Probably have over 1B gold in those stored up, on top of my cash cows.

Comment

I haven't tried to chase down the official response or anything... but has anyone considered that perhaps the "BR bug" isn't a bug, but rather an intended function they added to the game to prevent people who don't log in frequently from camping the top forever as used to be the case? I've never had my BR drop from logging out, nor have I seen it happen to others unless they were offline for days at a time (plural, like greater than 24 hours at a time).

Again, I might be totally off, but unless R2/7Road have already confirmed it's a bug... I'm not so sure it actually is a bug, but just as likely a tool to keep the rankings interesting for the consistent players. Also, I never log out.. and your PC will not burn up from having a browser running lol. New computers use less electricity to work faster/better/longer than older computers.. so... I really don't see what the downside is ^.^. Servers run 24/7 for an *average* of 5-10 years at a time, and a tower server is not fundamentally much different from your typical desktop computer. Leaving your computer on and running a browser tab isn't going to hurt your computer at all. =)
                              Last edited by mread41; 04-14-2016, 08:23 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X