[Reported] Kabam 171 merge group connection issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AHarmlessSpider View Post
    Alsatia, not to sound horribly condescending, but do you think a company with as much revenue as R2 would openly admit to being victimized by DDOS attacks? It's nearly impossible to mitigate a DDOS attack unless you have intrusion prevention/detection systems that will actively analyze the incoming requests and determine whether the connection requests are genuine traffic or simply SYN/ACK spam. Those systems would inherently generate even more lag to the legitimate players. With lag already being an issue in this game, I hardly think they would go to the trouble of generating more for us, not to mention the price tag associated with such systems.
    No I don't think they would admit being hit by a DDOS attack, nor should they probably.

As I'm sure you already know (since you seem to have some networking knowledge), most routers today (particularly high-end corporate use ones) already have some basic ACL-systems for DDOS mitigation. I had assumed that if there was a person whom was DDOSing the server, it would be a rather simple attack (used by a young person or something), just for the lols.

You make a good point though, they probably wouldn't go through all the time and effort getting the right type of hardware/software to prevent any more sophisticated attacks.

Comment

kabam s171 cluster, glitching already

we've had lots of troubles with cs events lately, having been locked out of csgb, steel wars and class wars myself, today we got chaos wars, the time for it is coming near and connection issues already starting

Comment

yup cant even cast skills in areana ping is over 1k already

Comment

I've nudged the GM watching this again. Hoping it wasn't as bad as other CS events have been
          Retired Moderator.

Comment

Working...
          X