Serious cross environment issue with recharges with the new login

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serious cross environment issue with recharges with the new login

Wartune has introduced a serious crossed account environment issue with multiple toons within the same browser (different windows). The toon environment in multiple browsers or multiple tabs should be 100% separated but it is no longer separated.

If you are on a character and you click recharge everything will look normal but it is NOT normal. It will recharge the last toon you had logged in on that browser even though you are on the correct toon when you clicked recharge. I assume this issue is far deeper and that crossed environment is actually now common to all windows within the browser so other serious game issues are likely to occur.

Events that cause the issue:
    1 - open a browser (say chrome)
    2 - log into your character (toon01)
    3 - open a new tab (as many do)
    4 - log into your alternate or have your roommate login their toon without your knowledge (toon02)
    5 - close the tab for toon02 (or just switch to the toon01)
    6 - recharge toon01, toon02 even though it is not online will get the recharge

What else is toon02 getting?

Another serious issue is it brings up the correct payment information for fast payment for the toon that recharge was selected on. When you click recharge on a toon that you had not recharged in the past it required you to enter all your payment information for that toon, now it remembers the information based on the toon you clicked recharge so there is no visible warning it is doing something wrong.

The new login system that is horrible, more effort, slower to login seems to have created a common environment for all characters logged into that browser. Other games allow for a link to be placed on your desktop for fast direct login, no bouncing through multiple screens to login, here they are making it even harder to login. Things should be made easier to use not more difficult!
    Last edited by jabbery; 10-22-2016, 12:44 PM.

use 2 different browsers problem solved

Comment

R2Games.com uses singleton login session. It always recharges to the last account you've logged in. This is the way it has always been for R2.
      Kabam used to keep multiple Wartune sessions alive, but now the server list page has been changed to R2, so it'll use R2 semantics.
      Possibly because the server list page is R2 platform while Kabam/Kong/Armor are partner platforms, they cannot even tell which servers you had recently visited if you are on a partner network.
      I've bookmarked every server where I play, so now I just need to update the URL in each bookmark. Without such info, I bet I might not even remember on which servers I've been playing.
      This change is completely unannounced and undocumented. Not that I could like it, but it has already happened, and having one unified portal is less maintenance on their end.

Comment

Originally posted by jsm15401 View Post
        use 2 different browsers problem solved
        Unfortunately this is not a solution. This is a workaround. Players should not have to pay the price for bad programming on the game side. The current problem is misleading and problematic. There are other TOS's from say the payment industry taken into affect here as this is misleading players into thinking they are buying 1 thing while they are taking money for something different. There are reasons things like the payment industry expressly forbid and apply costly penalties to companies who do this.

Comment

so just to make sure I am clear, this issue is a long standing issue at recharges being misleading with the R2 login?

Comment

Sounds like it could be a huge problem for people who run alts. I have a couple alts, but I use different browsers for each to avoid the problems that stem from using same browser. I'm having trouble with recharge on my toon...the game takes my kreds, but fails to deliver the balen and can't claim event rewards. Its not going to any of my alts and no other toons log in through my browser.
            Last edited by KS222; 10-22-2016, 10:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jabbery View Post
              Unfortunately this is not a solution. This is a workaround. Players should not have to pay the price for bad programming on the game side. The current problem is misleading and problematic. There are other TOS's from say the payment industry taken into affect here as this is misleading players into thinking they are buying 1 thing while they are taking money for something different. There are reasons things like the payment industry expressly forbid and apply costly penalties to companies who do this.
              It also would be a big problem for people who play from shared computers (such as people who play at work), since it sounds like someone else playing wartune on same computer from same browser can now empty your credit card or debit card into their toon.

Comment

Working...
              X