Hard Lag

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hard Lag

A few minutes ago on Wonderhill Server 36, during a guild event, the entire guild is seeing hard lag, and many are getting bumped off the game. Most can't move, so can't do guild dailies.

Is something going on we should know about? It's really severe. Those who can stay connected can barely use the chat window.

Same here on server 448. Game constantly freezing and the icons are going crazy, constantly switching.

Comment

R2 S9 Cluster barely able to do anything many r complaining
      East coast archer.

Comment

Contacting other guilds, hearing it was across the server in all activities. It's a little better at the moment, but still an issue.

Comment

Same for our server
          Laugh at those who are profoundly ignorant of things around them that are different . Makes you the better person, cause your always walking around with a smile that seems like you just got laid. And that is always better .

Comment

Thought it was better, just had another bout of it. Even with people logging out for the night rather than fight lag...a much tougher opponent than in any of the events.

Comment

More than 9 hours later, I received a response on a ticket I opened just before coming in here with this issue. The answer was spectacularly unsatisfying. Still no apparent response here from Wartune.

We're now 13 hours in since this thread was opened. It's probably not peak activity time on my server, which is US East Coast. Getting back in, it's still worse than it was at, say, 7PM or 8PM last night, before this specific issue started. Not horrible at the moment, but we're back to moments where everything freezes again. This isn't the same (for me, anyway) stuttering that happened in events some days ago and for which Wartune gave us a special link to report issues. This time, it stops movement altogether at its worst, and browser refreshes and computer reboots had no impact last night at its height.

Any chance we might get an update on this from someone?
              Was there a more specific cause at specific times that was identified?
              Will it happen again? If so, when?
              Is this a development or over-development issue, just simple bugs, local connectivity problems at the server site,...what?

I should probably also ask the proverbial "stupid questions" of...
              How do we play something like Speed Challenge that is timed, when a mere few seconds can kill placement and rewards for the event for the week?
              Timed events are going to be impacted like crazy, especially if we feel a need to try to re-log and lose minutes beyond the lag, not just seconds.
              With events like Spire already showing graphics lag on every run for every player (as far as I know, on my server this is entirely true), with this issue causing further lag problems, are we expected simply not to finish Spire runs in some cases because the game won't run right?

Please give us more to go on here.
              Last edited by Centaur0001; 10-06-2017, 09:29 AM.

Comment

All I can tell you right now is it's a holiday week. There's limited support staff available to respond to tickets. The devs are not in the office until Monday.

Until Monday, all we can do is monitor the situation and wait.

What I personally have noticed is the delay when collecting things is a bit worse than before. When going through a loading logo it just stays fully grey and I'm forced to refresh. I won't experience your issues with certain instances being laggy or freezing because I can't get through the loading logo to even get into them.
                New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Rules of the Forum are found here.

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

Comment

Much appreciate the comments here, MemoryLane.

I could wish the game's owners would make a "patch" out of trying to nail down every-little-thing wrong with the game, lag included, rather than adding development we can't appreciate because it adds broken code on top of broken code, making it harder to fix any time there's an issue. If there was at least a point at which you could say "I'm certain this was as bulletproof as we could make it," then anything done to break the game happened after that, in a much more finite set of code, which should be easier to track and fix.

Since I've essentially done that for a living, I might hope the powers-that-be might one day consider such things. If they have, though, it's remained a secret from me.

Maybe when they're back from their holiday fun, they can work on returning our fun sans lag....

Comment

S401 had the same - missed ALL guild events and had to log out for the night after Athena's War. SUCKED.

Comment

need hide icon in guild beast~ cant move to much ppl ~

Comment

They had such a thing when they inadvertently cause a "hide all" on the patch they released the week after for all the servers. I thought it was something cool at the time until they "fixed" it.

Thing is, we do not have to refresh each time we do something in the game. They (devs) need to put in things that will benefit us; and having that useless "full screen" setting is something that is not of benefit as none of us go into full screen anyways; our "full screen" is the maximize window of the browser and/or client we use; and not even most of us do that when we play 2 or more accounts.
                        Vicious! Approach with Caution!
                        Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
                        Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
                        Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

Working...
                        X