Sky Trail - Cyber Bullying??????

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MemoryLane View Post

If players are being directly communicated with, in a manner that is against the rules, those players need to contact support with screenshots of those messages. I have not seen them, so I don't know if they are actually against the rules. Being attacked repeatedly, even by the same person or group of people, is not against the rules.
    I don think you are grasping what i am saying - to save time read Xharry005x comment above #15

Attached are those example of the same person targeting 1 player
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ellislsd; 03-16-2018, 07:31 PM.

Comment

Well I can understand all view points. Sure I'm sure there are some people that will attack people out of spite but there are others that just go for what they can whether empty or to fight. There are specific designated areas in game that are geared for the pvp aspect of the game, where as there are also areas geared for those that just prefer the other in mp's etc.My husband and I both have been plundered by the same person numerous time back to back within 24 hour time frame, we're not griping or crying.. We get stronger ourselves through hot events and dailies and have a friend that's bigger get us a spot free It's a community based game, make friends
      ~~~CutiePatooty S658 Cmon down and join the party~~~

Comment

Originally posted by ellislsd View Post

I don think you are grasping what i am saying - to save time read Xharry005x comment above #15

Attached are those example of the same person targeting 1 player
        For clarity: Wartune-S## is the other publisher. R2 players show as R2Games-S##. R2 cannot punish players on the other publisher's platform.

I totally grasped what you were saying. I am also aware that clear lines on what constitutes cyberbullying in a video game have not been drawn. I have gone through many game website support articles that talk about what they consider cyberbullying or harassment. Most game companies consider being killed over and over by a player in a pvp area to be a legitimate pvp tactic. Where it crosses the line into bullying and harassment is when there's actual written unwanted communication between a person or group toward another person that goes well beyond game related banter that does not stop when asked to do so or when attempts to block from doing so have been made. R2 requires such communication to also break chat rules - saying "I will kill you in every event I see you in" is not against the rules, but saying it with profanity, repeatedly sending the message through chat and ingame mail, escalating the pixel character threat to include physical threats, might be. The pvp act in and of itself is not against the rules.

Attacks on a single target like this are usually revenge for similar being done to them, a guildie, or a friend from either the target, or one of the target's guildies, server mates, or friends. The only thing you can do is try reaching out to people who attack in such a manner to find out what perceived offense took place. Often that can pave the way to resolution if a misunderstanding took place, or maybe someone is actually at fault and that person can make amends for a lesson learned. And in those rare times when nothing at all happened and this person is just being a jerk, finding someone bigger than them to give them a taste of their own medicine is enough to stop it.
        New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Rules of the Forum are found here.

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

Comment

Person becoming bad especially in skytrail possession coz of the ranking weekly rewards. If only they will remove the fight button (unable to steal post), don't see a problem or complain about bullying. Well, it's seems its their game strategy and nothing we can do...

Comment

cyberbullying:

A griefer is a bully in the world of online games. Griefers don’t play by the rules and attempt to cause as much distress and discomfort for other players as possible. traditional Internet bullies who work through instant messages and cell phones, griefers lurk on online multi-player videogames, harassing their victim by bullying, tormenting or thwarting other players in the game. “Griefers trap a victim and they will attack the victim through the game,”

Flaming: Sending angry, rude, or obscene messages directed at a person or persons privately or an online group. A “flamewar” erupts when “flames” are sent back and forth between individuals repeatedly

Harassment: Unsolicited words or actions intended to annoy, alarm, or abuse another individual. Often based on a protected status (e.g., sex, race, disability, or sexual orientation)

Cyberbullicide: Suicide resulting directly or indirectly from cyberbullying victimization. The relationship between cyberbullying and suicide is complex and for that and other reasons, many researchers have concerns with the utilization of this term.

Comment

Originally posted by Xharry005x View Post
              cyberbullying:

A griefer is a bully in the world of online games. Griefers don’t play by the rules and attempt to cause as much distress and discomfort for other players as possible. traditional Internet bullies who work through instant messages and cell phones, griefers lurk on online multi-player videogames, harassing their victim by bullying, tormenting or thwarting other players in the game. “Griefers trap a victim and they will attack the victim through the game,”

Flaming: Sending angry, rude, or obscene messages directed at a person or persons privately or an online group. A “flamewar” erupts when “flames” are sent back and forth between individuals repeatedly

Harassment: Unsolicited words or actions intended to annoy, alarm, or abuse another individual. Often based on a protected status (e.g., sex, race, disability, or sexual orientation)

Cyberbullicide: Suicide resulting directly or indirectly from cyberbullying victimization. The relationship between cyberbullying and suicide is complex and for that and other reasons, many researchers have concerns with the utilization of this term.
              Or in one word, there's no laws in cyberworld; only arbitrary rules and discretionary decisions.

Comment

Working...
              X