Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problems with accessing wartune - certificate expired?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with accessing wartune - certificate expired?

Hi,
    Since today's morning we are experiencing issues with accessing wartune on kongregate. Depends on the browser, different messages are returned. But mostly they are pointing on invalid certificate. Can you fix it?
    Nick: Anubis
    Server: kongregate

Hi, we are no longer support for Kongregate Wartune. You will need to reach out to Proficient City for assistance, or maybe Kongregate can reach out to them for you.

In the meantime, if you change your computer's clock to September 30, you will be able to log in, as your computer then won't know the certificate has expired, but caution should be used if you do that.
    New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Rules of the Forum are found here.

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

Comment

Hi MemoryLane,

Originally posted by MemoryLane View Post
      Hi, we are no longer support for Kongregate Wartune. You will need to reach out to Proficient City for assistance, or maybe Kongregate can reach out to them for you.
      And how I could contact Proficient City if support ticket is not working for us as well? Kongregate is running without any issues. Screenshots, which I have posted, pointing on certificate under <war.tune.com> domain has expired. So seems someone forgotten to extend their timestamp.

Originally posted by MemoryLane View Post
      In the meantime, if you change your computer's clock to September 30, you will be able to log in, as your computer then won't know the certificate has expired, but caution should be used if you do that.
      Windows updating my date by itself so that is very short temporary solution.

Comment

Anu,

What MemoryLane maybe did not explain well is that there are 2 core distributors of Wartune outside China under license by 7Road - one is ProficientCity, the other is R2Games. Each of the sublicenses other providers. Kongregate (Kong for short) is running under the ProficientCity license, not the R2 one, so R2 can do nothing there.

************ domain is property of ProficientCity as well, so they are the providers who can do extension of the certificate. Until and unless they do so, all you can really do is revert the PC date to a date that predates the expiry MANUALLY, which creates a lot of other issues (unless playing Wartune is all you ever do on your PC).

Comment

No idea why the War-Tune dot com got replaced by stars in the post above

Comment

Hi martinus,

Thanks for your clarifications.

I was googling and found following tip which resolved issue on my side:

1) Clear flash data (through panel control). You may also clear data in your browser (but I think this is not required)
            2) Open command line in administrator mode
            3) Type "netsh winsock reset" and hit enter.
            4) Restart your PC

Comment

Working...
            X