Thief when doing maps

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thief when doing maps

Out of morbid curiosity what is the trick to catching the thief for maps. I ask because it is statistically impossible for it to be random chance. I run maps with the same people every day. I get a thief maybe 5% of the time if I am lucky, and my friend gets one 95% or more. (those stats are not exaggerations - it is a running joke in our team). This has been over at least 100 days of playing so the accuracy of these estimates is at the few percent level. So what gives?

Personally, I don't know. I'm one of the unlucky ones like you. And one of my resident maps team members gets one almost every single time -_-.
    "The trolls of the Ramtops call her Aaoograha hoa ("She Who Must Be Avoided")
    and the dwarf name for her, K'ez'rek d'b'duz, translates to "Go Around the Other Side of the Mountain."

On holiday. Please refer any issues to

Comment

u need to stand on the exact point where the X is
      R2 s116 Red Realm + (s113-s119) + (s126-s129-s132-s135) + (s72-s75-s78-s84-s88-s91)

IGN : Illyasviel
      Class : Archer
      Guild : •OneŽ•
      LvL : 80
      Sylph : Zeus, Hecate, Poseidon
      BR : over 9000!!!

Comment

Originally posted by icesz View Post
        u need to stand on the exact point where the X is
        I'm not too sure of that. As far as my example goes, she and I are always too lazy to run, so we use the 'Dig Now' option. Yet, she gets the thief almost every single time. And no, her maps weren't on the spot we were standing at, coincidentally.

It's a good theory though, but it's not one I can explain my experiences with
        "The trolls of the Ramtops call her Aaoograha hoa ("She Who Must Be Avoided")
        and the dwarf name for her, K'ez'rek d'b'duz, translates to "Go Around the Other Side of the Mountain."

On holiday. Please refer any issues to

Comment

It is definitely random. I have had two maps on one run in the identical spot - the first one opened caught the thief, the second one alerted the guards - and we did not move a millimeter.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          FireAndIce
          Mage
          2.6m+ br.... it moves up daily!
          Kabam S8
          Legends
          Moderate casher

Comment

Originally posted by FireAndIceS8 View Post
            It is definitely random. I have had two maps on one run in the identical spot - the first one opened caught the thief, the second one alerted the guards - and we did not move a millimeter.
            same happened to me. but i still try to be exactly on the spot when doing maps, just in case :P

Comment

for me it's random. the methods like standing at correct place, or wait a few moment before clicking are just placebo.
              Originally posted by Wraithraiser
              Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

its luck based, more specifically, wartune-luck based. With that said......you have a 0.000001% chance of getting thief

Comment

Working...
                X