This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it really all rosy at level 80?

I keep hearing people saying that we should level as fast as possible to hit level 80, because of the new EXP caps which means that if we stay at lower levels we'll just keep getting stunned.

Is this true? Is it really all rosy at level 80, that if we fast level to level 80 we will dominate the game and not get stunned at all?

Why have I heard complaints from level 80s as well?
    Fast Level
    58.97%
    Not
    41.03%

Most of the people who advise to level up rush to 80 are already strong players...

If you are a non casher, or have less time to play games, itis better to slow level if you want to at least enjoy the pvp aspects of the game.

Weak level 80 player - less (or none at all) pvp, only pve
    Strong level 80 players - pvp and pve

Slow leveling - pvp, and some pve.

If you want pvp, as well as you know you can be strong enough fast.

If you think you will catch up to other players when you get to 80, remember that those who were already 80 a long time ago will still become more stronger... You will never catch up in pvp.

Comment

I can't really vote in this because it really depends on your situation. The good things about being lvl 80 are the insane stat increases and the rewards from DI. The bad thing is that the true monsters are lvl 80 and can really hurt you in arena and bg.

The first thing to look at is your overall server status. If there is no one in your server that can run Nirvana then you'll be stuck running LL anyway and most likely won't be doing DI either. This is a major problem on newer servers as it takes time(or thousands of $) to build up the power to succeed in these events.

If your server can support Nirvana teams(Kabam 55 and older depending on cashing) then you need to ask yourself are you ready to be 80. In my experience a nirvana team needs to be at least 150k average br to make it thru nm mode. For my guild I recommend you have at least 140k br before you leave level 74. Additionally you need to plan for your gear. Because you need the 70 gear leg before you can make 80 you don't want to leave 74 until you have at least 7 of 8 pieces done. The final personal goal to look at is honor. At 80 you will have a much harder time winning in bg so if you're not vip9 and not happy with your honor suffer thru the stuns and stay at a lower level.

As to complaints the real complaint should be that some people are forced to level too quickly while long term campers with high hs are allowed to continue their bullying. Not every can spend $500+ a month. The forced level system means that new servers will die quickly due to the inability to gain enough honor to get the 70 gear.

Comment

The reason why I recomend it, it's cause I've double my br since I hit 80. And I wasn't strong when I got to 80(90k or so).

but there's always a few things you should consider, like, bg, is this your main point, getting to 80 isn't smart fast. same with group arena.

There's no reason to get to 80 until you have people who can do Nirvana NM, and above poster is kinda right. 150k for a "normal team", however, if your team is synched and have right skills you can go as low as 130k, most need a good crit build tho(dmg is the key here, survive isn't hard).

You should also be able to do DI, but as a non-casher, you need to waste month and month to be able to do it before you get 80 set. so my tip still would be, get the 70 set, and start working on the 80 set, and do DI when ready. a team that can kill last nirvana boss can as well get 1 stage of DI(most of the cases).

In the end, if your goal is pure pve, Hit 80 asap. If you enjoy the cross server pvp, do not.

Comment

One thing to point out here that is an advantage of being level 80 is that there is no way you can face anyone higher level than yourself in Team Arena.

Comment

I love Dragon Invasion, I get tons of gold from it daily, for that alone, if you're close to 80, and no longer have need to camp for honour levels, then join the dark side and level up! We have cookies!

Comment

You want to hit the top honor levels and you are a ways off: don't do it.
              You are close to max honor, don't care about honor, or have a BR that can carry bg: do it.
              Lvl 80 Crit Mage, 298K BR, Aegis ***** G.M. Hells-Gate

Comment

i rushed to 80 just after advanced classes came out got to 80 at 135k br been clearing nivana nm daily since i hit 80 ive gained a decent chunk of br currently up to 178k br clearing 20 waves of spire daily and 6 lvls of dragon invasion only thing i really miss is dominating battle grounds but sooner or later they wont be so bad to be in again

Comment

1. Never get left behind = Strongest point

Comment

So from what I see from the posts, thanks guys, is that I will gain a huge chunk of BR when I hit level 80.

Then I need to consider what my objective in the game is... Problem is if I level up to level 80 I will just be a noob at everything. I will be noob in PVE MPDs and nobody would want to team with me. I will be noob at BG and Group Arenas definitely.

Guess the good suggestion is to level until I have a decent BR to survive at my level range.

Comment

but after never getting left behind you beat the game.

Think about it. When you play a video game you play for the highest level. Even if you don't log in for some time after that you log back in your still the same level as every one else around you.

Now look at video games in the normal way do people say" You haven't beaten that on hard....", nope.
                      Nope hard is hard mode
                      Easy is easy mode
                      As long as you beat the game you beat the game.

Just keep playing or wait for some more updates. This game is chill and cool

Comment

Originally posted by DutchQueenie View Post
                        . if I level up to level 80 I will just be a noob at everything.
                        What will change exactly then?

Comment

Guess the good suggestion is to level until I have a decent BR to survive at my level range.
                          just lvl up when u think u have decnt br for the next level or MPD

Comment

So from what I see from the posts, thanks guys, is that I will gain a huge chunk of BR when I hit level 80.

Then I need to consider what my objective in the game is... Problem is if I level up to level 80 I will just be a noob at everything. I will be noob in PVE MPDs and nobody would want to team with me. I will be noob at BG and Group Arenas definitely.

you are already a noob that noone wants in the forums so no change for you >.>

Comment

People keeps feeding the obvious troll.
                              East coast archer.

Comment

Working...
                              X