This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poll: How long will this game last?

How long do you think this game will last?

With the recent patches it seems that more and more people are getting disillusioned. I am really not looking forward to spending 6000 balens, or 60USD, the next gem event to upgrade to level 9 gems (4x transposers). You think you got an advantage from the gem event and you should feel happy about it? No, because everybody gets the same advantage.

Recently all the level 80 patches have also widened the divide between the lower levels and the level 80s.

The lower EXP cap also rendered the lower levels nugatory because we are constantly stunned by Holy Seal.

It seems to me that this game is going to end soon. I give it 1 year.
    Less Than One Year
    12.82%
    1-2 years
    7.69%
    2-3 years
    17.95%
    >3 years
    61.54%

Originally posted by DutchQueenie View Post
    How long do you think this game will last?

With the recent patches it seems that more and more people are getting disillusioned. I am really not looking forward to spending 6000 balens, or 60USD, the next gem event to upgrade to level 9 gems (4x transposers). You think you got an advantage from the gem event and you should feel happy about it? No, because everybody gets the same advantage.

Recently all the level 80 patches have also widened the divide between the lower levels and the level 80s.

The lower EXP cap also rendered the lower levels nugatory because we are constantly stunned by Holy Seal.

It seems to me that this game is going to end soon. I give it 1 year.
    i would say forever because game is huge "money suck" and transposers..i would only say that you need only 1 transposer of each level so you can get all your gems whichever do you want ..you figure out how

Comment

I have to say this game will last about 2 more years at the rate they are making it difficult for new players to enter.

As to spending money for transposers I got my lvl 9 patk from nerco using crypt keys I had gotten for free. I show that I am able to convert those lvl 9 patk into anything else, although I haven't tried due to a lack of gold and no events for lvl 9 gems yet. The advantage is for those that are banking up their lvl 8 gems for when higher events come into play. Banking has been important since last Christmas and I don't see that changing.

Regarding the lvl 80 patches the point of this game isn't to stagnate at a low level for 10 years. If you don't want to reach the highest levels in the game then why are you bothering playing. That said slow leveling is important to build your honor and br base to do the 80 events.

I do completely agree with you on the lower xp caps. Lucky campers who had their holy seal maxed are now able to sit for as long as they want. This is an issue that needed to be corrected in the patch after they reduced the caps(I will forgive them for an oversight in this area but not for correcting it). My level 57 archer is now stuck at level 57 until I max out honor as once I get into the 60 bg there will be no good way to do so without putting far more cash into than I intend. For all intents and purposes this is now a dead account instead of a toon that earns $10-20 a month based on recharge events. Since I never cash until I know what I'm buying and the game didn't really start getting good for me until my knight hit 64 with a maxed hs many of the players that would eventual grow into good level 80s will never bother. I'm sure there will be those like my server had that start the game and drop $5k in month which will keep the game alive short term but when they run into the campers they will just give up like so many others I've seen.

Comment

Im actually finding it easier to survive the stun than before. Game will last as long as china's game is running.

Comment

how long you are staying here?
          Last edited by TripleCKen; 10-04-2014, 09:40 AM. Reason: *** im drunk
          Server : Avazu - S1
          Characters : I'm a newbie Knight

Comment

Originally posted by DutchQueenie View Post
            I am really not looking forward to spending 6000 balens, or 60USD, the next gem event to upgrade to level 9 gems (4x transposers). .
            Why would you buy 4 transposers? During gem events have all your gems be HP, since we get HP gem reward currently, have a level 9 gem HP transposer and than you are able to convert those level 9 HP gems to any other gem type you want. You don't need a transposer for every gem level and/or type.
            Server: S411
            Character: Strikereye
            Class: Mage

Comment

Originally posted by AStrut View Post
              Why would you buy 4 transposers? During gem events have all your gems be HP, since we get HP gem reward currently, have a level 9 gem HP transposer and than you are able to convert those level 9 HP gems to any other gem type you want. You don't need a transposer for every gem level and/or type.
              Well, sure I can just buy the level 9 transponder and that is already 10USD. But you should know about how people REALLY lack money during gem events and I wouldn't have money to convert back and forth, the only way is to buy 4 gem transponders.

General comment:

Wow, so many people think this game would last that long?

Not sure how things are going to work out because now everyone has level 8 gems, soon everyone will have azure dragon (many older servers already have this situation) and max mount max SCs max everything. Then what is there to do? I give this game one year.
              Last edited by EsmeWeatherwax; 10-04-2014, 06:44 AM. Reason: post merge

Comment

I hope this game will end as soon as possible, so my addiction will stop, as well as the insanity of people here.

Comment

stupid you are my little grasshopper
                  THERE IS NO JUSTICE, THERE'S JUST ME.

Comment

Thought about making a thread with a poll "How many useless polls will DutchQueenie make till the end of the year?"

And about the lack of gold, if you are too lazy to search the internet since the events are always out there some days before they start then that is on the player. If i know gem event is around the corner a few 25m to 35m gold are easy saved (level 65 here) before the event comes. And once you did what you are able to craft you have enough time to convert them one by one to what you need even after the event is over. 4 or 5 lvl 9 transposers, yeah right..can´t decide if I should chuckle or facepalm.

BTT: Game will run as long as they make money, simple as that and I don´t see the end of that anytime soon.

Comment

This game's becoming too addictive for most, which is one of the reasons why I have decided to no longer play. I feel people are becoming pressured by others to start spending money in order to keep up with everybody else. And with all these fancy new patches I just think it's ruining the original concept of the game. I am not the only one who has decided to quit after about 7 - 8 months of playing. Heck, I might start playing again in a few months time, maybe a year even but for now I don't enjoy playing (Personal opinion. Feel free to mock me) so I am simply just voicing my PERSONAL opinion about this.

The way I see it, you either need to spend cash or take your time playing in order to keep at a similar level to those spending cash. I now think most new players are quitting because the game's becoming too complicated and far to time consuming as well as addictive. Alright, I know nobody is forcing you to do every single thing, but it's becoming a norm in which players now feel they must do every single thing because of the fear that they will fall behind. I reckon there will be a decrease in the amount of people who choose to play this game on a regular basis, but I reckon the game will survive for a few more years.
                      To Willow:
                      Rest In Peace. Never to be forgotten by those who knew and loved you. And even by those who didn't.

Retired. Officially. Life is too short. Face it, you only live once.

Comment

IS this thread really necessary?
                        “Men trust God by risking rejection. Women trust God by waiting.”

Comment

Originally posted by Imperias View Post
                          This game's becoming too addictive for most, which is one of the reasons why I have decided to no longer play. I feel people are becoming pressured by others to start spending money in order to keep up with everybody else. And with all these fancy new patches I just think it's ruining the original concept of the game. I am not the only one who has decided to quit after about 7 - 8 months of playing. Heck, I might start playing again in a few months time, maybe a year even but for now I don't enjoy playing (Personal opinion. Feel free to mock me) so I am simply just voicing my PERSONAL opinion about this.

The way I see it, you either need to spend cash or take your time playing in order to keep at a similar level to those spending cash. I now think most new players are quitting because the game's becoming too complicated and far to time consuming as well as addictive. Alright, I know nobody is forcing you to do every single thing, but it's becoming a norm in which players now feel they must do every single thing because of the fear that they will fall behind. I reckon there will be a decrease in the amount of people who choose to play this game on a regular basis, but I reckon the game will survive for a few more years.
                          I agree with this totally.

Recently I've become pretty tired of the game (and the forums) that I am not even posting as frequently as before. The fun has simply been taken out. The irony - wartune adds so many new "fun" features which only isolate the player base.

This thread is clearly necessary to inform all players of the limitations of the game.

Comment

Working...
                          X