No announcement yet.

weeks pass, nothing corrected

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a guy try to prove that the game wasn't caching, he went through the %appdata on his computer and only proved it was... That was rather disappointing cause it was another thing I wanted to shove to R2 to say "in your face, here's your proof" So yeah... am stumped on what the issue is... and still wanting suggestions on how to prove it to them that there's a problem. Anyone can send in a video showing they have lag issues... all that proves is they have lag. Anyone come up with any way to prove there's something wrong in the game I'm all ears, I want it fixed as bad as you guys do. (who wants to spend hundreds of dollars upgrading their computer just cause one game has lag, right?)

Comment

Originally posted by pietjeprecies View Post
      Make a rule they can only answer when addressed
      Lol... no.
      "The trolls of the Ramtops call her Aaoograha hoa ("She Who Must Be Avoided")
      and the dwarf name for her, K'ez'rek d'b'duz, translates to "Go Around the Other Side of the Mountain."

On holiday. Please refer any issues to

Comment

Originally posted by Greenfireflygirl View Post
        I had a guy try to prove that the game wasn't caching, he went through the %appdata on his computer and only proved it was... That was rather disappointing cause it was another thing I wanted to shove to R2 to say "in your face, here's your proof" So yeah... am stumped on what the issue is... and still wanting suggestions on how to prove it to them that there's a problem. Anyone can send in a video showing they have lag issues... all that proves is they have lag. Anyone come up with any way to prove there's something wrong in the game I'm all ears, I want it fixed as bad as you guys do. (who wants to spend hundreds of dollars upgrading their computer just cause one game has lag, right?)
        The game is not caching i can guarantee you that .It downloads data every single time from the internet. I am on limited badwidth of internet usage per month through mobile 3g broadband. Has worked wonders for me since i started this game years ago but not anymore. I got 10 Gb of data per month . Up till last patch used to spend not even half of it per month . Now it s not even enough and this connection is only for wartune . I downloaded Netlimiter it s an application that lets you see what badwidth is being used by every single proccess run on your pc . and yes wartune is using all of it. So please fix what has been messed up in the game's cache since last big patch

Comment

Originally posted by EsmeWeatherwax View Post
          Lol... no.
          Well, then stop protecting them, while its clear 90% of the mentor posts are ** or incorrect information.
          If AA or jamesb do that they get flamed, why should that be any different for some volunteers whom are just following R2 orders? And just because of that they are unable to give out the correct information anyway, since r2 always plays the " we're just the host" card.
          Last edited by pietjeprecies; 10-11-2014, 01:36 PM.

Comment

yeah this game went from barely noticeable usage on my monthy download limit to using 600-800 mbs a day ....... but their isent a cache problem nope...we are just all stupid
            s410

MysterA uhhh 1.3 mil br
            Slyph orange Hecate 136k br

Comment

Originally posted by ISuk? View Post
              yeah this game went from barely noticeable usage on my monthy download limit to using 600-800 mbs a day ....... but their isent a cache problem nope...we are just all stupid
              and having constant download sure doesn't cause lag when we are opening inventory. it's just an illusion.

Comment

Yes guys, it's using more bandwidth, but it is still caching to your computer... So the description we're using of the problem isn't exactly correct. So telling them, the game isn't caching, when they can look in %appdata and see that it is, gets it ignored. We need to explain what's happening differently to them, cause we can't prove that the cache isn't being made. Yes, there's something wrong with it... but what's wrong isn't that it's not caching. The trouble is trying to prove that there's a problem at all, your info showing the bandwith usesage can help there. Screenshots of your Netlimiter results, or video if it varies with different parts of the game, that kind of thing. It's just telling them that it's not caching anymore is too easily disproved, and instead of saying, "oh, maybe they are describing the problem wrong", they could just say,"nope, it's caching, ignore, move on... " I'd rather get to what the actual problem is instead of getting hung up telling them it's that the game isn't caching anymore... cause that's not what the problem is.

From your description, it sounds more like it's caching too often?

Comment

^
                  Then why i have to load the content from the game over and over though i play this in a daily basis ?
                  East coast archer.

Comment

Originally posted by Mentor_Nami View Post
                    This has been reported. At this time i have no information on when the issues will be fixed, i guess the best we can all do is be patient and wait and see what happens..There are also things we can try to help with some of the issues, such as lag, black screens ect.. I would suggest for anyone having major issues to check out this link and try some of the suggestions there http://forum.r2games.com/showthread....ag-Thread-list For me it was as simple as a new browser
                    This is what get's old, "This has been reported. At this time I have no information on when the issues will be fixed" It's unacceptable, players would rather have a properly functioning game rather than content that's pushed continuously just for the sake of greed. Guess what, take a look at the numbers on the servers people are getting fed up. The majority of the people who quit, are either obvious whiners that could use a little cheese, or the sensible player that would rather play something where the devs would actually fix an error instead of letting it fly by for months on end. No in fact as I've said before R2's developement team which 99% is just taking what's written in chinese putting it into google translate and copy/pasting. I wouldn't believe there's anyone there in that building that could even recreate a simple classic like pong.
                    S435 Witchlight bluffs
                    Valest [Guild: Valhalla] 212,000 BR Lv80-5.5 Imperial Dragon Knight (13k crit)
                    39k BR *Hercules

Comment

Yes guys, it's using more bandwidth, but it is still caching to your computer... So the description we're using of the problem isn't exactly correct. So telling them, the game isn't caching, when they can look in %appdata and see that it is, gets it ignored. We need to explain what's happening differently to them, cause we can't prove that the cache isn't being made. Yes, there's something wrong with it... but what's wrong isn't that it's not caching. The trouble is trying to prove that there's a problem at all, your info showing the bandwith usesage can help there. Screenshots of your Netlimiter results, or video if it varies with different parts of the game, that kind of thing. It's just telling them that it's not caching anymore is too easily disproved, and instead of saying, "oh, maybe they are describing the problem wrong", they could just say,"nope, it's caching, ignore, move on... " I'd rather get to what the actual problem is instead of getting hung up telling them it's that the game isn't caching anymore... cause that's not what the problem is.

If the caching is not a problem, then it should be the server keeps sending the data even when it is cached in our flashplayer.

So they need to check the server settings.

Comment

ive been having bad lag since the patch in august the beginning of wartune 3. it gets better after like nearly a month then the next patch gives me horrible lag again. maybe there was a difference from before and after the beginning of the august patch that caused a problem? my lag was almost all gone late september then last sunday the lag got horrible again and has been continuing for me since then, everyday. i checked around and it seems people are starting to lag badly this past week (not starting at the same time i started lagging but randomly this past week for them)
                        Last edited by ArtemisS58; 10-12-2014, 03:48 AM.

Comment

started on different browser, different computer (one bright new with nothing installed)
                          memory leak isn't something that we can change with any setting on the computer
                          first line : memory at start of the game
                          second line : enter wilds
                          third line : after a wilds fight
                          last line : 10 min later.

Click image for larger version

Name:	memory leak.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	25.0 KB
ID:	1696927

depending of the computer when the memory reach 1 giga, it is so slow we can barely play
                          around 1.3, flash crash
                          RETIRED. Too much bugs, too time consuming, too few listening from Wartune
                          Wartune : NonoBoulot : S181 : Archer

Comment

Originally posted by papashai View Post
                            *sarcasm on*
                            I think its unfair that the test servers gets these bugs first.
                            we will have the same bugs only a week after...

*sarcasm off*
                            no, we will have some new ones too.
                            Sarcasm Intended

Comment

Caching by definition is saving parts of the game in our hard disk so that it gets loaded faster from there ( not from the internet ), next time the game tries to access the same data in any occasion . Lets assume the game is saving these on our hard disk as you say in %appdata folder but the problem is that next time we restart the game it redownloads everything from the internet instead of reading from our saved ''cached'' copies of ingame data. Hence the game may or may not save game data on our pc's but for sure it does not read from them.
                              Btw it is their work to be done and not ours to try and pinpoint the problem . In any case i just did so . Maybe it does not matter as far as badwidth usage is concerned for some but for me and a few of my guildies it is the main reason we will be forced to stop playing this game. So yea I am seriously looking forward to some official reply on this matter .

Ps : thanks for your presence firefly anything you can help with is appreciated

Comment

okay, but can you see the dilemma with it though? We say it's not caching and in trying to prove it show that it is. Now you're saying that it caches, but isn't using the cache, wouldn't that be less bandwidth than more? I can tell them, there's lag, and they'll get the devs to look, and the devs don't see it so think it's user specific. So yeah, while it's not up to us to show what's wrong for them to fix it, if we can't show that something IS wrong, how do we get them to take us seriously?

The taskmanager info showing flash using computer memory is nothing specific to wartune, so we can't really use that either... I'm would poke around with some other programs to see what's going on with it, but first, I don't have the issue like you guys do, and second... I'm not that familiar with what I'd be looking for.

I'm not giving up on this... I just need to wrap my head around something that works that we can point at, "this is the issue, this right here" and they can duplicate it...

Comment

Working...
                                X