L9 Gems Event Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L9 Gems Event Discussion

This really has me in a state of confusion.

I am hearing so many different things from so many sources, everyone seems to have a different outlook for it.

Things I heard from people who have been reliable in the past
    - China does not have events for Gems Synth beyond Level 8
    - China currently has L10 Gems Event (this contradicts the first point)
    - If we do get L9s Gems event it will 6months away
    - We will never get L9 event, L8 is max

The only problem is my normal reliable sources all contradict each other.

No one seems to have concrete proof, so I created an account in China, and I asked an English speaking player. He said I will be stupid to synth L9 Gems before an event, so I believed him. Since then, I have had other reliable sources tell me differently.

Check out the convo with the Chinese player who told me they currently have events for L10s
    http://www.tinyurl.com/jaxxchina

I think what I am going to do is log into china everyday, until they get Gem Event to see where exactly they are at. If they are on L8s, L9s or L10s. I need to see with my own eyes, because I am sitting on Approx 300 L8s in inventory and its becoming harder and harder everyday to be patient.

Will share what I learn

JAXX

Originally posted by maxvain View Post

I am hearing so many different things from so many sources, everyone seems to have a different outlook for it.

Things I heard from people who have been reliable in the past
    - China does not have events for Gems Synth beyond Level 8
    - China currently has L10 Gems Event (this contradicts the first point)
    - If we do get L9s Gems event it will 6months away
    - We will never get L9 event, L8 is max

The only problem is my normal reliable sources all contradict each other.

No one seems to have concrete proof, so I created an account in China, and I asked an English speaking player. He said I will be stupid to synth L9 Gems before an event, so I believed him. Since then, I have had other reliable sources tell me differently.

Check out the convo with the Chinese player who told me they currently have events for L10s
    http://www.tinyurl.com/jaxxchina

I think what I am going to do is log into china everyday, until they get Gem Event to see where exactly they are at. If they are on L8s, L9s or L10s. I need to see with my own eyes, because I am sitting on Approx 300 L8s in inventory and its becoming harder and harder everyday to be patient.

Will share what I learn

JAXX
    You'll just have to compare the benefits to waiting for god knows how long vs the benefits of having lvl 9-11 gems now. I doubt anyone really knows other then the dev's and the "elites" when/if such a event will come soon. I'd say if china gets the events though, we will probably as well....probably

Comment

Don't think this will ever happen has players would be getting free lvl 9 or free lvl 10 gems back for each one they make which would cap you out real fast in br. Plus I think its fair enough that it stops at lvl 8, the rewards seems to be good enough
      IGN: princestewii
      Class: Archer
      Server: Kabam 86

Comment

I am in the same boat, don't know if I should wait. I think it will be worth the wait but it is hard. I wonder how many people will go ahead and make level 9's before an event. I will be keeping an eye on this thread to see what you find out.

My other concern is getting those level 10 gem transponders. Will they become available in the shop once they come out with an event for level 10 gems? And these transponders are crazy expensive.

Comment

Jaxx,

I was in the same boat as you. Doing the calculations and all that. In the end, who knows when or even IF we'll get the L6 to L9 Events, and whether or not they'll offer matching. Some other Wartune providers have offered a L6 - L9 Gem Event, but there was no Gem Matching, only Event Boxes, Mount Whips and Gem Packs. "Only" The rumor I've heard from my most reliable source is that we will get a L6 - L9 Gem Event, with Matching - but not until after HoF and the New Year Events. So Jan 2015 at the earliest.

Going beyond that, the way I look at it, with the Whips you likely have now (I have around 100k), assuming your stables aren't too close to max, you'll make another 200+ L8 Gems in the next cycle. Looking at what's needed given the existence of a L9 Event to make all 11's is as follows:

3 L9 Gems makes a 10, 2 L10 Gems makes an 11. So you'd need 6 L9 Gems to make a L11. Every 3 L8 Gems will make 2 L9 Gems w/ a L9 Event Active. So with that L9 Event in place, you'd need 9 L8 Gems to make a L11 Gem. To make all 32 Socketed Gems L11s, you'd need 288 L8 Gems + a L9 Gem Event.

You probably have that already - the 288 L8 Gems. I know I did. Given the math that I'll be able to make approx 222 - 230 L8 Gems in the next Gem Event Cycle, I've saved exactly 66 L8 HP Gems. That means next month I'll be able to store up my cache of L8s to put myself in position to wait for a L9 Event, knowing I'll come out of it with all L11 Gems. In the meantime I've got 20 L10 Gems, and 16 L9 Gems (4 for Swaps) that will be saved and eventually dumped into Sylph Gear when that comes out. And I've managed to get my BR up over 300k in anticipation of the HoF Event.

Comment

Also, don't think that L12 is really the Cap for Gems. It may be in terms of synth formula, but you can keep gaining a lot of BR beyond your first 32 L12 Gems socketed into your gear.

Remember there will be Sylph Gear in the none-to-distant future, and those have Gem Slots. There will also be your "child" character (as they have in China) that is fully geared and has Gem Slots.

Then, after all that's addressed, they'll introduce Gem Merging as they just did in China, where you make hybrid Gems by Merging 2 together and getting both stats from one Gem Slot. A single slot can have dual L12 MDef / PDef with full bonuses from both.

So if everything I've been told is right, in the end, some year+ from now, we'll all need 128 L12 Gems . That's 256 L11s, 512 L10s, 1536 L9s, 4608 L8s and so on... Missing out on 32 L9s for now to keep competitive really isn't that big a deal in the long run.

Comment

Originally posted by Zorich View Post
              Also, don't think that L12 is really the Cap for Gems. It may be in terms of synth formula, but you can keep gaining a lot of BR beyond your first 32 L12 Gems socketed into your gear.

Remember there will be Sylph Gear in the none-to-distant future, and those have Gem Slots. There will also be your "child" character (as they have in China) that is fully geared and has Gem Slots.

Then, after all that's addressed, they'll introduce Gem Merging as they just did in China, where you make hybrid Gems by Merging 2 together and getting both stats from one Gem Slot. A single slot can have dual L12 MDef / PDef with full bonuses from both.

So if everything I've been told is right, in the end, some year+ from now, we'll all need 128 L12 Gems . That's 256 L11s, 512 L10s, 1536 L9s, 4608 L8s and so on... Missing out on 32 L9s for now to keep competitive really isn't that big a deal in the long run.
              All these numbers are making my head spin, yikes. I don't want to think about all the **** they are coming out with.

Comment

We didnt think they would include gems with the synthing event, they did, and everyone went bananas.
                Wouldnt surprise me if they did the same with lv9 gems(even without gem reward), but I think its up to each and everyone.

I am waiting 1-2 more events at least before making stronger gems. In china they have "dual gems" for level 10 gems, so my guess is that we should get lv9 event before we get that, otherwise, we wont get it at all is my guess

Comment

I had the same problem too but upgraded to lv9s and 5 to lv10 on matt with 60+ lv8s to spare, the boost has been nice and got 0 regrets so far

Comment

Originally posted by Zorich View Post

Good Point, yes I also don't think 32 GEMS slot are the max, because I noticed some other instruments needing GEMS in china. But I think Sylph Gear and Child Gear requires a different type of GEM, they look different. I will try to screen shot the different type of instruments that have GEM slots.

Comment

with the crazy exchange rate they have right now, I don't think it'll be a problem....I have over 300k SC and 70+k whips waiting to be used on events...if those exchange/training events do come, I'm pretty sure I'll get over 30k gem packs which will easily give me enough gems to make lots of lv 12 gems....I suppose for us players who are getting low on bag space will probably synth the lv 11 n 12 gems first instead of waiting since the SC and whips occupy the entire vault...even with 9999 stacking =_=" unless they upgrade us to 99,999 stacking....I doubt many of us with bag space problems can wait that long...also I'm praying this month will have the event pieces in the gem event otherwise my mount stats will be maxed out T_T currently left with int stat that isn't lv 450....many other ppl already maxed theirs...I think they need to come up with mount whip exchange events soon or everyone will start having few hundred thousand whips that they cannot use to train mounts nor participate in events...
                      IGN: Athena
                      Guild: Warriors
                      Server: S5 - Roaring Wetlands
                      Class: Archer
                      Difficulty Level: Noob
                      BR: 176k / 180k (with block and hp astral instead of illusion and deflect =P)

Comment

Dealing with the same issue, I found it difficult to resist buying the lvl 9 Patk synth scroll when I had finally saved 1200 balens...... so I spent the balens on lower lvl synth scrolls I didnt have yet. I started this gem event with 100 mil gold, and before I was 2/3 done synthing, I ran out of gold :/ I figure this is quickly going to save me a billion gold over a few months, and now its easy to resist getting the lvl 9 scroll. If I get one from Necro, I'll take it as a sign it's time to go to lvl 9 gems.

Comment

Originally posted by IronBorn View Post
                          Dealing with the same issue, I found it difficult to resist buying the lvl 9 Patk synth scroll when I had finally saved 1200 balens...... so I spent the balens on lower lvl synth scrolls I didnt have yet. I started this gem event with 100 mil gold, and before I was 2/3 done synthing, I ran out of gold :/ I figure this is quickly going to save me a billion gold over a few months, and now its easy to resist getting the lvl 9 scroll. If I get one from Necro, I'll take it as a sign it's time to go to lvl 9 gems.
                          the best u could had done here get the hp transposser for u getting ahp gemes back. and what i do is to covent all my L4 gemes to hp's one just to save gold on that day and my still cost a little more that way but u will be ready for it.

Comment

What they need to do is start selling the level 10, 11 transposers .....
                            Death comes when you hear the Banshee.....

Comment

Originally posted by maxvain View Post

Will share what I learn

JAXX

Are you serious man? If it was going to happen it would have happened by now. Don't worry about what might happen tomorrow, live for today!

Most of my Gems are Level 11 now and I will keep going until maxed. How many rewards do you want for making the same thing over and over?

In my opinion, the Gem events are one of the best events in the game. They give people with little money a chance to get their characters to a decent level without the need to spend a lot of cash.

So.... in a nutshell.... DON'T BE GREEDY!

Comment

Working...
                              X