How to be good in Wartune - start in 2012

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pietjeprecies View Post
    In order to upgrade a sylph, you have to have one first, the apollo's surely weren't free those days, but its partly true tho, I got my iris to purple during the xmass and NY events last year, with the event token given out in whip and SC event.
    But you could get a free Apollo from one of the event boxes, same as with Hades just after they arrived. I know players that got both for free

Comment

Originally posted by Billy_McF View Post
      But you could get a free Apollo from one of the event boxes, same as with Hades just after they arrived. I know players that got both for free
      Boxes weren't free those days, you got event items back then, no event chests.
      Actually newer players have it way easier then the older players had, quite the opposite as the OP trying to let you believe, older players only had more TIME to get certain items.
      Last edited by pietjeprecies; 11-15-2014, 06:22 AM.

Comment

Boxes weren't free those days, you got event items back then, no event chests.
        Actually newer players have it way easier then the older players had, quite the opposite as the OP trying to let you believe, older players only had more TIME to get certain items.
        Really because I got my apollo for free about 2 weeks after they released it

Edit :- and it came from a BOX not an exchange. I think Hades came from Lucky clover boxes back in the day, but can't remember where the Apollo one's came from. (could be wrong about the Lucky clover)

Edit:- found the Apollo drop.
        Cloud City Chest

Duration: 11/6 - 11/17 23:59:59

As the path to the mysterious Cloud City has opened, now you can seek these in this Castle which is burried deep in the cloud. Open it for a chance to receive Apollo Seal and ONE of the following items:

Cloud City Chest Piece x1
        10,000 Daru
        20,000 Gold
        20,000 Kyanite
        Lvl. 1 - Lvl. 3 Gem Pack x1
        Extreme Stamina Potion x2
        Fate Stone x200
        Apollo Seal (R) x1
        Price: 39 Balens
        Last edited by Billy_McF; 11-15-2014, 07:17 AM.

Comment

Totally agree with you on this point.

Sylph's haven't been around since the start of the game, neither have the events where you could get a ton of items.
          BR is far easier to gain now and everything older players gained is available to newer players now, apart from a couple of exceptions like apollo clothing and wings which have not become available YET

Comment

iirc you get around 10 event boxes from login event at that time. only those who were extremely lucky got the free apollo seal.

edit: found the event list for it.
            Last edited by Arlad; 11-15-2014, 07:42 AM.
            Originally posted by Wraithraiser
            Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

Originally posted by Arlad View Post
              iirc you get around 10 event boxes from login event at that time. only those who were extremely lucky got the free apollo seal.
              Yep, and I was one of those extremely lucky ones who actually got the Blue Apollo for free

Comment

Originally posted by Billy_McF View Post
                Really because I got my apollo for free about 2 weeks after they released it

Edit :- and it came from a BOX not an exchange. I think Hades came from Lucky clover boxes back in the day, but can't remember where the Apollo one's came from. (could be wrong about the Lucky clover)

Edit:- found the Apollo drop.
                Cloud City Chest

Duration: 11/6 - 11/17 23:59:59

As the path to the mysterious Cloud City has opened, now you can seek these in this Castle which is burried deep in the cloud. Open it for a chance to receive Apollo Seal and ONE of the following items:

Cloud City Chest Piece x1
                10,000 Daru
                20,000 Gold
                20,000 Kyanite
                Lvl. 1 - Lvl. 3 Gem Pack x1
                Extreme Stamina Potion x2
                Fate Stone x200
                Apollo Seal (R) x1
                Price: 39 Balens

Well, i couldnt even remember it, but you're right.
                I started 2 or 3 weeks before that event, so didn't quite had the hang of it anyway.
                But that rare change isn't what the OP ment, what was my actual point :P

Comment

Well, i couldnt even remember it, but you're right.
                  I started 2 or 3 weeks before that event, so didn't quite had the hang of it anyway.

oh i remember that event
                  all i got was cloud city chest pieces

man the good old days, i joined during the event with razor dragon
                  i remember selling my event pieces
                  i was such a noob it hurts
                  IGN/Server: Crusader Kabam 62
                  Class: Archer
                  Battle Rating: 275k (with herc br)

Guild: Black Lotus
                  Sylph: Hercules ★★ 46968
                  but yeah. Robo_Hobo for presidente

Comment

Originally posted by Brutal_Hobo View Post
                    oh i remember that event
                    all i got was cloud city chest pieces

man the good old days, i joined during the event with razor dragon
                    i remember selling my event pieces
                    i was such a noob it hurts
                    I just see that half those events weren't even on my server (kabam 52), so thats propably why i couldnt remember

Comment

I just see that half those events weren't even on my server (kabam 52), so thats propably why i couldnt remember
                      my first server was 42, thats like a few months ahead of yours?
                      i was pathetically weak there i just logged back the other day level 64 50k br
                      starting fresh was the best decision i ever made

Comment

But the opening post is full of ****. He is assuming that the rewards from those events were as good as they are now

It is only in the last year that the availablity of all usefull items has become increased.
                        Maxed Soul Engraving was VERY VERY rare until the newer events came around. I myself have only maxed it in the past 8month due to the increased rewards given for events.

Gems were so hard to obtain. You could only get them from Crypt/Necro and from the shop which only sold lv2 gems. Again it took me until 3month ago to get all lv9 gems, and now I am stuck as I don't have a lv10 scroll
                        Mounts were the same, very very hard to get unless you cashed for them.
                        There was NEVER events for fashion cores/lucky charms.... the list goes on.

Comment

Originally posted by Brutal_Hobo View Post
                          my first server was 42, thats like a few months ahead of yours?
                          i was pathetically weak there i just logged back the other day level 64 50k br
                          starting fresh was the best decision i ever made
                          52 was my first, and so far only, took me a while to get the hang of it tho, the one time i started on another server i quit after 2 hours,
                          cuz i didnt want to do all the lame start quests again

Took some time to fix the noobie starter mistakes i made, but the HS build up time at lvl 65 /69 gave me plenty time to build it to my liking.

Comment

52 was my first, and so far only, took me a while to get the hang of it tho, the one time i started on another server i quit after 2 hours,
                            cuz i didnt want to do all the lame start quests again

Took some time to fix the noobie starter mistakes i made, but the HS build up time at lvl 65 /69 gave me plenty time to build it to my liking.
                            well mine was unfixable
                            my academy in matk was higher than patk because someone told me it affected sylphs
                            all that kyanite wasted

Comment

I (the OP) know that what I posted is generally true ... given a correction about blue/purple apollo (below)

I would also like to share the link to the July 2013 event listing …

http://forum.r2games.com/showthread....d-Summer-Swap!

In this listing, there are two separate reward items in the same month, each providing a free mount. For the sunshine items, there were six separate week-long events that gave 5 sunshine items each day (210 sunshine items total). The free mount was only 120 sunshine items.

For the summer essence items, there was a pre-listed unlimited soul crystal event: every 25 soul crystals engraved (not the current 100 engravings) gave the player 1 summer essence. The mount was 150 essences, and the extra sunshine items could be converted to summer essences, giving 30 essences to start with. After that, a player got a free mount for 3,000 soul crystals.

I know soul crystals were not as easy to come by then, but this is 3,000 soul crystals in a game where 3,000 soul crystals means going from level 28 to level 29 in soul engraving. I also refer to a <name-removed> video for two reasons. One, he uses 12,000 soul crystals in the November 2013 unlimited soul engraving event, and two, I need to make a CORRECTION!

THe link to the video ... <link removed>

In my FALSE RECOLLECTION of this <name-removed> video, I recalled him choosing between a purple Iris or a purple Apollo with his free event items. The original Apollo was not purple – it has been a blue Apollo from the beginning. The sylphs became purple in my recollection because I knew – and Cos-mos clearly did not yet know – he could have started with a blue iris after a few days of sylph farming. I watched the video knowing he wasted about 150 mahra getting his iris to blue, and still got his iris halfway to 4-stars. I am sorry that, within my recollection, I generalized this to the idea that the original sylph event gave (older) players a purple Apollo or enough mahra for a purple iris or pan.

So to correct myself, there is video of a player literally deciding between a 4-and-a-half star blue iris (given knowledge of farming for a blue iris) and a 1-star blue Apollo, by means of the guaranteed rewards gained from 12,000 soul crystals during the first sylph-based event.

I am not going to hunt down other things I know, but I know there have been multiple events giving fashion shards for 2 event items and good luck charms for 15 event items. I also know the Halloween 2013 event is an example of those rewards, as well as clothing rewards, in the days when we got event items from soul engraving.

… and I further recall October was the same month when the Spirit Covenant hot-event packs went from 9 dollars to 13 dollars. Just recollecting.
                              Last edited by TheGuardingDark; 11-15-2014, 03:57 PM. Reason: Banned blog name removed.
                              Class: Thief (Why play a game if you cannot steal cool things from monsters)
                              Special Abilities: Clairvoyance (prevents Stun effect)
                              Special Armor: Mirage Vest (Dodges 50% of attacks)
                              Special Accessories: Ring of Order (prevents Chaos effect), Thief's Glove (increase steal rate)

Comment

Originally posted by R252856585 View Post
                                I (the OP) know that what I posted is generally true ... given a correction about blue/purple apollo (below)

I would also like to share the link to the July 2013 event listing …

http://forum.r2games.com/showthread....d-Summer-Swap!

In this listing, there are two separate reward items in the same month, each providing a free mount. For the sunshine items, there were six separate week-long events that gave 5 sunshine items each day (210 sunshine items total). The free mount was only 120 sunshine items.

For the summer essence items, there was a pre-listed unlimited soul crystal event: every 25 soul crystals engraved (not the current 100 engravings) gave the player 1 summer essence. The mount was 150 essences, and the extra sunshine items could be converted to summer essences, giving 30 essences to start with. After that, a player got a free mount for 3,000 soul crystals.

I know soul crystals were not as easy to come by then, but this is 3,000 soul crystals in a game where 3,000 soul crystals means going from level 28 to level 29 in soul engraving. I also refer to a <name-removed> video for two reasons. One, he uses 12,000 soul crystals in the November 2013 unlimited soul engraving event, and two, I need to make a CORRECTION!

THe link to the video ... <link removed>

In my FALSE RECOLLECTION of this <name-removed> video, I recalled him choosing between a purple Iris or a purple Apollo with his free event items. The original Apollo was not purple – it has been a blue Apollo from the beginning. The sylphs became purple in my recollection because I knew – and Cos-mos clearly did not yet know – he could have started with a blue iris after a few days of sylph farming. I watched the video knowing he wasted about 150 mahra getting his iris to blue, and still got his iris halfway to 4-stars. I am sorry that, within my recollection, I generalized this to the idea that the original sylph event gave (older) players a purple Apollo or enough mahra for a purple iris or pan.

So to correct myself, there is video of a player literally deciding between a 4-and-a-half star blue iris (given knowledge of farming for a blue iris) and a 1-star blue Apollo, by means of the guaranteed rewards gained from 12,000 soul crystals during the first sylph-based event.

I am not going to hunt down other things I know, but I know there have been multiple events giving fashion shards for 2 event items and good luck charms for 15 event items. I also know the Halloween 2013 event is an example of those rewards, as well as clothing rewards, in the days when we got event items from soul engraving.

… and I further recall October was the same month when the Spirit Covenant hot-event packs went from 9 dollars to 13 dollars. Just recollecting.
                                Hmmm...that soul crystal event that you highlighted was in NOVEMBER last year, and as such fall in the period of the "last year" that I quoted in post #26.
                                If you look at <name-removed> Soul Engraving level you may find it's running at around 23-24 for that period, which is nowhere near maxed Again I pointed out that MAX Soul engraving was very rare So not many people kept their SC in bulk as like today, they were obsessed with gaining BR just like players today. Find the next SC event and it is rewards for 25, 50, 100 and 500 engravings (or something like that anyway), and it was LIMITED, and LIMITED events were actually the norm.

<name-removed> had been playing (blogging at least) fro around 11months at this point and his BR was running at 74k, new players can make that in half the time, if not quicker

Look at his posting about Zebq dated 27th July 2013, showing him with max clothing and massive amounts of $$$ invested, please note the actual BR of the HIGHEST casher in the whole of R2 servers

Now you can continue to say it is easier for older players, but in fact it was far harder for us to gain BR than it is now.

Granted you have found one or two events that actually gave stuff away for free, but again most of these items have come up again for newer players to obtain.

Maybe your definition of EASY is different to mine

Edit: didn't realise <name-removed> without space would come out like ******
                                Last edited by TheGuardingDark; 11-15-2014, 04:59 PM. Reason: Lots of banned blog name removal.

Comment

Working...
                                X