New Player Question about Levels and BR

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Player Question about Levels and BR

I am a new player (less than a month). I started on s346. On this server everyone is just leveling up, doing their quests, etc.
    Highest level is 50 and highest BR is around 40k.

However, when I am in battlegrounds- there are players around my level (46) who are upwards to 50-100k BR. Besides making the event a little frustrating, I don't understand what gains there are in stalling at one particular level (I am aware these players have been playing longer than I have)? I can't imagine that increasing one's rating would be any easier (if not, it would be harder) while attempting to maintaining a particular level(s).

Could someone shed some light on this for me?
    As a new player I am kind of questioning my tactic to level up, switch equipment, etc. if it's more advantageous to stall leveling?

Anyway, thanks for any input

Its all up to you, I started slow leveling in the 50-54 bracket building my br, working on talents and getting my 50 legend set. you just have to set a goal and work towards that. Made up my mind to reach 60 with a br of 60k at the time to make a 60 legend set and avoided pvp stuff until I felt comfortable in doing it again. As I said its all up to you in knowing setting goals in the game and enjoy reaching them. My next goal was to hit 100k br and I did that so now I'm on to getting 150k br and hopefully get LD while I'm trying
    IGN: princestewii
    Class: Archer
    Server: Kabam 86

Comment

As long as you are strong enough to do level appropriate MPDs, you are doing fine.

By stalling leveling, you stall later grinds as well. Such as Fate stones, Sylphs, Sky Trail(horns in particular), and Mount Hoofs from Dragon Invasion(DI takes a solid team of 4 around 125K+ BR to have a chance to start clearing floors) just as some examples.

You do want to take some time at points to work on your Holy Seal level once unlock talents. If you keep up fairly well with your gear, and carefully use your crypt tokens, you should be fine to level normally for the most part. Basically, if having problems with your level appropriate MPD, thats a good indication you need to slow down for a bit. Arena and BG, you are almost always going to be at a disadvantage unless can spend thousands on the game, just due to time difference of older servers.

Comment

Originally posted by R2105833169 View Post
        I am a new player (less than a month). I started on s346. On this server everyone is just leveling up, doing their quests, etc.
        Highest level is 50 and highest BR is around 40k.

However, when I am in battlegrounds- there are players around my level (46) who are upwards to 50-100k BR. Besides making the event a little frustrating, I don't understand what gains there are in stalling at one particular level (I am aware these players have been playing longer than I have)? I can't imagine that increasing one's rating would be any easier (if not, it would be harder) while attempting to maintaining a particular level(s).

Could someone shed some light on this for me?
        As a new player I am kind of questioning my tactic to level up, switch equipment, etc. if it's more advantageous to stall leveling?

Anyway, thanks for any input
        Hello.
        They get the benefit of being able to kill people like you very easy,thus getting more honor than usual.
        This will backfire eventually after they get honor capped,plus a level 80 player has more benefits than lower level ones,so in time,considering you chosen to level up to max,you will be able to kill them back easy.
        It's also easier for them to get the road warrior title,and probably easier in the group arena also.
        This is just my personal opinion,others might think different,hence the camping strategy.
        Hope this helped,take care.
        Last edited by Xander.; 11-18-2014, 04:44 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the responses everyone!

I believe I am fine right now until I reach level 50, as there isn't much I can work on, other than making my last four pieces of the 40 set legendary.
          I will however, once reaching 50, start setting some goals and perhaps slow down a little to better position myself for later quests/events.

Thanks so much, I am still in the process of learning a lot about this game

Comment

Working...
          X