Sylph ranking : lowering our sylph teams to let more people get rewards

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KrazycatSS2 View Post
    Many level 80 100k br people were misinformed about leveling quickly to use all the features added to the game. They would just like to be able to do things on their own but they can't.
    If you're lvl 80 and 100k br, you should quit playing and start a new toon. It's not "help" you're asking for, you need to be carried because most likely you're getting 1 or 2 shot deaths. And I doubt many were "misinformed", but leveled up knowing you're much weaker than others around you. If you really wanted to do things on you're own, no way in hell would you have thought it was a good idea to rush to 80.

Comment

Originally posted by R2sucksbad View Post
      If you're lvl 80 and 100k br, you should quit playing and start a new toon. It's not "help" you're asking for, you need to be carried because most likely you're getting 1 or 2 shot deaths. And I doubt many were "misinformed", but leveled up knowing you're much weaker than others around you. If you really wanted to do things on you're own, no way in hell would you have thought it was a good idea to rush to 80.

i was only like 120k br when i levelled to 80

struggled in bg/sft for a while
      but now im killing people just fine
      can solo wilds bosses/nirvana etc.
      just takes time to get used to things
      IGN/Server: Crusader Kabam 62
      Class: Archer
      Battle Rating: 275k (with herc br)

Guild: Black Lotus
      Sylph: Hercules ★★ 46968
      Originally posted by Wraithraiser
      but yeah. Robo_Hobo for presidente

Comment

Originally posted by Brutal_Hobo View Post
        i was only like 120k br when i levelled to 80

struggled in bg/sft for a while
        but now im killing people just fine
        can solo wilds bosses/nirvana etc.
        just takes time to get used to things
        Yes, i'm guessing that was with the old br formula.. 100k br 6 months ago is like 200k br now. Please dont quit playing and start over

Comment

It doesn't help matters that usually the 80s with tiny BR are the most annoying toerags on the server. Of course there are exceptions, but the annoying ones who beg for help everyday ruin it for everyone else.

Moreover, a lot of the low BR 80s are not in pve gear...or otherwise do not have 70 gear prepped already. No reason to do vana when what they really need is lych...or DT key runs.

Also also, a lot of the people asking for help are asking it for tok (an event you can only do once/day) or DI (can do it twice, but your first run has to be the real run). No way to help in tok without hindering yourself unless it's a really easy day. No way to help in DI if you haven't done your "real" run yet. Also, I am not going to shell out a few million gold in hp pots to help DI either...unless that person is a very good friend.

Arena...is a special case. It is likely the most time intensive thing in the game. I've had it take 40min to 70min just do get my 15 done. You have to find an appropriate team and then run. If you run with a weaker team, you get no rewards, and it takes time to find a team you can win 10+ fights with consistently. With lag, rampant dcs, and necessarily refreshes to make the lag bearable, it takes forever and is quite frustrating at times. After struggling with arena for an hour and finishing your runs, I doubt many people are feeling so agreeable to sinking more of their time into it. Did I mention it's really laggy and frustrating yet? Don't get me wrong...the event itself is usually fun. But the lag and the necessary time sink are what makes it bleh.

I also want to echo a sentiment I saw earlier: getting a reputation as a helper isn't always a good thing. I used to not be as busy as I am now, so I would help on MP runs a lot. People eventually expected me to drop whatever I was doing in game and go help them with a MP. That attitude really turned me off. As a result of that, and just frankly having less in-game time (or just not wanting to do much other than tab in and out and chat a little while doing other stuff), I don't really help people as much anymore. I'm also not asked for help as much (except DI) because vana is super duper easy with all the extra BR we have now.
          Last edited by FufuBunnySlayer; 12-21-2014, 04:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFancyPants View Post
            In the long run, weakening your team isn't really going to benefit everyone. The thresholds for each group will vary based on the previous week's totals, so it might help everyone one week, then just make it harder to reach the diamond group the next week.
            If anyone benefits, it's just the lucky people who find the easy high point teams to attack.
            This is correct. if 5000 ppl reach diamond, it will take more points to get into diamond the next week. It will take a few weeks to get the thresholds between groups worked out.
            Kalydia - Level 80 - 1.98k br Archer - Kabam 57 WEST
            Guild: Paradox
            Eudaemon: Eddie - Lvl 8 Oracle Mage - 1.3k br
            Syphs: 80 Herc - Flashpoint- 127k br
            80 Triton - Undertow 93k br
            80 Venus - Precision 113k br
            80 Gaia - Judgenjury
            80 Medusa - Backdraft

Comment

Originally posted by Xeptone View Post
              I highly doubt anybody will go upfront to ur siblings ( if u have )
              and tell them

Come let me help u build a roof over ur head
              there is a small number though I have to admit

Much less a person that u meet in a 2d mmorpg game ( almost impossible )

Help urself first before u ask others to help

It is EARNED not GIVEN
              This isn't a form of Capitalism now ^^, this is a game.
              It's called a Pay to Win game. There is no such thing as EARNED. It is GIVEN.
              In this game, if you're new you need help from other people of course. You are stating "Go in the jungle and learn how to live" and you are saying this to a 6 year old. You expect them to survive? ^_^
              I will help anyone I can. If I don't have time I don't.

Comment

Originally posted by kelbeans View Post
                Yeah agreed - removing sylphs benefits both yourself and everyone else, in my opinion
                I'll start doing this too from now. Sorry for not thinking it earlier.
                Boycott in S422

Comment

Originally posted by ~Tristan~ View Post
                  I'll start doing this too from now. Sorry for not thinking it earlier.
                  it really doesn't but whatever.

Comment

Man, I want to offer people the chance to get more things free from R2..
                    Boycott in S422

Comment

Like I said..the ones of you who can't and won't take the time to help others...were once a NOOB yourself. SHAME on you for forgetting that lesson. Some one helped you.

Comment

Jeez people, this was posted before most of us even knew the brackets would change if many people got into diamond.

Also, the help thing - I used to help anyone and everyone, until I realised all they do then is take it phenomenally forgranted. Now people actually get angry with me, if I tell them I can't help because I haven't done my DI run yet etc - to me this is quite unbelievable. So now I only help people who I can see are making efforts to find teams etc beforehand, and only come to me as a last resort if they really can't do something. If they make no effort to do anything themselves, then they can jog on in my opinion
                        Server: S371
                        Guild: Harmony♣
                        Class: Archer
                        Rapidly losing interest.......

Comment

To help, or not to help. Talking about this is fun, and stupid. Peeps get helped, and sometimes dont... it is likely very few that do need the help are even reading these messages. There should be a link to helpful websites under the question mark button, in the game itself. want to help peeps learn to play? send them to wartune 'wiki' sites when they press the help button.

Comment

Originally posted by KrazycatSS2 View Post
                            I have a little question: How do people at high level, low br improve their BR if they can't get MPD/arena/bg? On many servers, the higher ups won't even help them do a Nirvana NM even if they can solo it in under 15 mins.
                            I have found recently that with a healing sylph.... hades / gaia or triton a mage can solo the first two bosses in Nightmare. This get 12 leg stones and is sufficient.

Else wise do what the higher lvl's did when there was no one else higher around and build a team of equal ranked player and work on increase all your BR's.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSlyShark View Post
                              I have found recently that with a healing sylph.... hades / gaia or triton a mage can solo the first two bosses in Nightmare. This get 12 leg stones and is sufficient.

Else wise do what the higher lvl's did when there was no one else higher around and build a team of equal ranked player and work on increase all your BR's.
                              People at lvl 60 and 30k br tend not to find a group of equal people and if they do can't really raise it without cashing.
                              I need a hammer to whack the BG nutcases.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSlyShark View Post

I have found out recently that you can easily solo nirvana nm without a healing sylph...just takes the right sylph, skills, runes and toon strength

Comment

Working...
                                X