No announcement yet.

About Mages and Electro Skills & Resistance Thread 2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I merged your video thread into this one. No reason to have yet another thread on the same topic. Two is more than sufficient.

Thanks for understanding.
    "The trolls of the Ramtops call her Aaoograha hoa ("She Who Must Be Avoided")
    and the dwarf name for her, K'ez'rek d'b'duz, translates to "Go Around the Other Side of the Mountain."

On holiday. Please refer any issues to

Comment

Originally posted by EsmeWeatherwax View Post
      I merged your video thread into this one. No reason to have yet another thread on the same topic. Two is more than sufficient.

Thanks for understanding.
      can u leave new thread and delete old ones?
      Alchemist

S-287
      1M+BR Mage

Comment

Originally posted by girgle180 View Post
        can u leave new thread and delete old ones?
        Not if said new thread is the fourth one on the same topic. Stick to the two you have. Thanks.
        "The trolls of the Ramtops call her Aaoograha hoa ("She Who Must Be Avoided")
        and the dwarf name for her, K'ez'rek d'b'duz, translates to "Go Around the Other Side of the Mountain."

On holiday. Please refer any issues to

Comment

Ok for all of u , video is on page ( 6 )
          Alchemist

S-287
          1M+BR Mage

Comment

Originally posted by girgle180 View Post
            OK i have made this 2 videos just to show u guys my problem.. you all have seen my first 2 threads...
            so here , i hope u will take some time and watch this 2 vids i made...
            on first video i have fight with very strong friend , and on second video i have fight with litle less power friend with less ressistance... but oscilations in atacks are arround 70% in both videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLo1...ature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_te...ature=youtu.be
            Holy ****! You realize that you change pets. Your attacks are the TYPE OF YOUR PET. So yeah, when you have an Electro Pet on and your enemy has High Electro Resist, it reduces your damage. When you've got a Fire Pet on and that person's Fire Resist is low, you do more Damage.

Jeez. You're either just trolling at this point, or you should probably stick to something more your speed - like Chutes and Ladders.

Comment

Yea this kid is less intelligent than my 2 year old nephew. 6 pages of ppl telling him he's stupid pointing out the problems and he still goes and posts a video thinking he's right... If he can't listen to that many ppl telling him he's wrong he should go play a different game.
              Precision----S3 Worgs Lair

Precisia----
              s371 Harmony

Comment

yea your not very bright... lol your hero attacks are whatever element your equiped sylph is. Therefore when you use electric sylph like in first fight your attack meets enemy electric resistance ONLY all other resistance except will is ignore but lets not get into will because that might confuse you. Your second fight you swap to cereberus (fire) and you show the opponents stats and you circle around a lower electric res... this is pointless because you are now using fire sylph so your attacls are fire based so your hero attacks will meet the opponents fire resistance. The damage in 2nd fight was higher than 1st NOT because the electric res droped but the relative resistance to your equiped sylph was less. Your opponent had WAY less fire res on fight 2 than electric res on fight one (905 electric first fight verses 50 fire res in fight two) and i cant see anything in your further fights in 1st or 2nd video because after the origional 2 fights it goes too blury to see anything

Comment

Oh no, now this has turned into the blind attempting to lead the blind.

First, hero attacks do NOT have any elemental bias based on your sylph. This is very easy to test: find a target, and attack using two different sylph types. You will do the same damage until awakening (barring differences in your attack value due to sylph passive buffs). Your unawakened sylph attacks will have their normal element, so you can see a big difference there, but I don't think anyone is doubting that part.

Second, hero attacks do NOT have any elemental bias, period. This is less easy to test, but if you can find a target who can switch their max element resistance from one element to another, and have the SAME max resistance, you will do the same damage to them pre-awakening. I checked this when I had identical water & electro dimensions; switching back and forth gave me exactly the same results when someone attacked me, no matter what type of sylph they were using.
                  If the max res is not the same when switched to a different element, you could have major differences in damage.

I watched both videos, and everything in there is explained perfectly well by what most people have been saying: your max element resistance is used to reduce damage from hero attacks. Sylph attacks, awakened and not, use their own element. One other factor that isn't widely known is that your sylph mdef & pdef are added to your hero on awakening. That is why the attack against the herc in the second video did a lot less damage. As far as I know, resistance calculations are the same whether you are attacking a hero or an awakened sylph.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFancyPants View Post
                    Oh no, now this has turned into the blind attempting to lead the blind.

First, hero attacks do NOT have any elemental bias based on your sylph. This is very easy to test: find a target, and attack using two different sylph types. You will do the same damage until awakening (barring differences in your attack value due to sylph passive buffs). Your unawakened sylph attacks will have their normal element, so you can see a big difference there, but I don't think anyone is doubting that part.

this is not true at all
                    your hero skills are based on your sylph equipped
                    let me dig up an old thread of mine when i was confused with the super high electro res of people

http://forum.r2games.com/showthread....-this-possible

people were attacking this person with lower br and getting their *** handed to them
                    simply because they were using herc

and if you see on the thread people were also taking little to no damage from players with electro sylphs simply because of high electro res (knights, archers, and mages)
                    IGN/Server: Crusader Kabam 62
                    Class: Archer
                    Battle Rating: 275k (with herc br)

Guild: Black Lotus
                    Sylph: Hercules ★★ 46968
                    Originally posted by Wraithraiser
                    but yeah. Robo_Hobo for presidente

Comment

Originally posted by Brutal_Hobo View Post
                      this is not true at all
                      your hero skills are based on your sylph equipped
                      let me dig up an old thread of mine when i was confused with the super high electro res of people

http://forum.r2games.com/showthread....-this-possible

people were attacking this person with lower br and getting their *** handed to them
                      simply because they were using herc

and if you see on the thread people were also taking little to no damage from players with electro sylphs simply because of high electro res (knights, archers, and mages)
                      If hero damage were based on your equipped sylph, then it would be very easy to see. Someone with an apollo/athena would do max damage to me, and with eve/herc would do min damage. This is not the case, I have tested it. Same damage from the same player in both cases. That only holds true until they awaken, of course.

I've traded roughly equal hits with players using a cerberus and me using a hercules, and then after awakening, I die really fast, because I have almost no fire res, and nearly everyone has electro. Even when we're both knights, and probably have less mdef than pdef.

It's possible there's more to it than just max resistance in hero mode, but it's absolutely not the element of the attacker's sylph, that's too easy to test and rule out.

Comment

I thought hero attacks are based on highest resist you have + the will chrystal bonus.

No matter what element my opponents sylph is, all their attacks in hero mode are not worth to mention, that only changes when timer passes first minute and they awake their monster.

Comment

this silly thread still going on? lol.
                          Originally posted by Wraithraiser
                          Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

Originally posted by R26266781 View Post
                            yea your not very bright... lol your hero attacks are whatever element your equiped sylph is. Therefore when you use electric sylph like in first fight your attack meets enemy electric resistance ONLY all other resistance except will is ignore but lets not get into will because that might confuse you. Your second fight you swap to cereberus (fire) and you show the opponents stats and you circle around a lower electric res... this is pointless because you are now using fire sylph so your attacls are fire based so your hero attacks will meet the opponents fire resistance. The damage in 2nd fight was higher than 1st NOT because the electric res droped but the relative resistance to your equiped sylph was less. Your opponent had WAY less fire res on fight 2 than electric res on fight one (905 electric first fight verses 50 fire res in fight two) and i cant see anything in your further fights in 1st or 2nd video because after the origional 2 fights it goes too blury to see anything
                            try to switch on 750p in setings of video , and watch videos to the end... i haves only 1 fight with eve, all other fights was with cerberus in both videos.
                            Alchemist

S-287
                            1M+BR Mage

Comment

Originally posted by Zorich View Post
                              Holy ****! You realize that you change pets. Your attacks are the TYPE OF YOUR PET. So yeah, when you have an Electro Pet on and your enemy has High Electro Resist, it reduces your damage. When you've got a Fire Pet on and that person's Fire Resist is low, you do more Damage.

Jeez. You're either just trolling at this point, or you should probably stick to something more your speed - like Chutes and Ladders.
                              i can bet u didnt watch videos to the end,

i haved only first duel where i have used eve , all other fights are with cerberus , and 1 more thing u didnt notice , my oponents have very low FIRE ressist and still my atacks damage oscilates on changing electro ress on their characters.

but i gues your brain cant remember that...
                              Alchemist

S-287
                              1M+BR Mage

Comment

*facepalm* Don't anyone know what shield and sword means? No one here ever play RPG before?
                                Take a real good look at your battle protection page.

There is only 1 sword slot in center, thats what important for your attack.
                                The rest are shield slots, those are meant to reduce opponent attack.

OP, your attack is not electro based or light based. It's just plain old attack.
                                You have crappy attack for your class, deal with it. What's more stupid is,
                                you keep using the wrong sylph against the most used resistances by everyone.
                                [morfinnor]
                                Temple of Ibalize

Comment

Working...
                                X