Announcement

Collapse

Official Community Discord Server

Join us on the new R2Games Community Discord Server! https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5
See more
See less

Are we not allowed to use symbols in our names anymore?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Are we not allowed to use symbols in our names anymore?

    As the title says. I thought it was just sylphs that can't use symbols but I can't even change my name to have a symbol in it? Not even a simple â™* icon? However, I do still see plenty of people who have symbols in there names and some recently have changed there name to include symbols as well. So what alt code/unicode symbols are allowed and which ones arn't? If none of them are allowed then this must be a very recent update. Which I find completely stupid imo.

  • #2
    can i get a reply on this? Have others also been affected by this? or is it just me? I want to know if it's still possible to use unicode/alt codes in your character names. Not sylphs just character toons.

    Comment


    • #3
      alt 65 to 90
      alt 97 to 122
      Level 49 Archer
      BR 150k

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by kevs926 View Post
        alt 65 to 90
        alt 97 to 122
        Lol, clever.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by kevs926 View Post
          alt 65 to 90
          alt 97 to 122
          Those don't do anything. Am I missing a joke or something? Anyways can i get a real answer. Is this type of stuff allowed in the game still? If not why do I see people who have these symbols in there name still? Why was there people who recently changed there name to have these alt codes in it if it's been changed?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Omniscient2 View Post
            Those don't do anything. Am I missing a joke or something? Anyways can i get a real answer. Is this type of stuff allowed in the game still? If not why do I see people who have these symbols in there name still? Why was there people who recently changed there name to have these alt codes in it if it's been changed?
            a to z
            A to Z
            is what the codes do lol, thought it was amusing personally

            anyways to answer your question, no idea about player names, do know there's some things that still work on sylph name even when 99% is a "naughty" word, as for player dunno still see people using symbols, so might be super recent change, might be ways to bypass it, will anyone know for sure? probably not, unless someone wants to buy a few name change cards to find out.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Wraithraiser View Post
              a to z
              A to Z
              is what the codes do lol, thought it was amusing personally

              anyways to answer your question, no idea about player names, do know there's some things that still work on sylph name even when 99% is a "naughty" word, as for player dunno still see people using symbols, so might be super recent change, might be ways to bypass it, will anyone know for sure? probably not, unless someone wants to buy a few name change cards to find out.
              well...i did kinda changed my name a few times in a day)))))
              so symbols...from my guild i found that u dont need codes or things like that but u do need to be super fast when entering ur name so the system doesnt have time to see it as "naughty"
              personally i have no idea how that Cupcakes works even tought my giuldies tryed 3h to explain)))
              Last edited by EsmeWeatherwax; 04-07-2015, 10:28 AM.
              IGN:Choco(ex:InnØceήce)
              Class:Mage
              Level:80
              Server:Scarstone-S274
              Battle rating:1.6 mk(nice fake BR)
              Guild:Genesis
              The more beautiful and pure a thing is, the more satisfying it is to corrupt it.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by kevs926 View Post
                alt 65 to 90
                alt 97 to 122
                lmao, this is funny.
                +1 for you, sir.
                Originally posted by Wraithraiser
                Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

                Comment


                • #9
                  With a patch update a few months ago (I believe end of December), things were 'corrected' so that symbols are no longer able to be used in character names. If people start new characters with these characters, it will show up as a 'box' where the character is meant to be. Best thing is to try to change (have the box come up), and send a ticket, explaining the situation. Generally if you are polite, and explain in simple terms as to what is going on (including screenshots), they can change your name on their end (assuming it's not against ToS)
                  Retired Moderator.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Mentor_WTT View Post
                    With a patch update a few months ago (I believe end of December), things were 'corrected' so that symbols are no longer able to be used in character names. If people start new characters with these characters, it will show up as a 'box' where the character is meant to be. Best thing is to try to change (have the box come up), and send a ticket, explaining the situation. Generally if you are polite, and explain in simple terms as to what is going on (including screenshots), they can change your name on their end (assuming it's not against ToS)
                    But using symbols in slyph names or toon names isnt against the TOS so why remove the function

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      My wife demands I have hearts ♥♥ in my name. Srsly R2, you're about to mess up a lot of marriages! Fix it quick!
                      [morfinnor]
                      Temple of Ibalize

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by laba-laba View Post
                        My wife demands I have hearts ♥♥ in my name. Srsly R2, you're about to mess up a lot of marriages! Fix it quick!
                        is your wife's name is Palmela Handerson?
                        Originally posted by Wraithraiser
                        Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Maybe it's a countermeasure against impersonation & encoding/coding issues arisen from variable processing in their code.

                          Originally posted by Xharry005x View Post
                          But using symbols in slyph names or toon names isnt against the TOS so why remove the function

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Mentor_WTT View Post
                            With a patch update a few months ago (I believe end of December), things were 'corrected' so that symbols are no longer able to be used in character names. If people start new characters with these characters, it will show up as a 'box' where the character is meant to be. Best thing is to try to change (have the box come up), and send a ticket, explaining the situation. Generally if you are polite, and explain in simple terms as to what is going on (including screenshots), they can change your name on their end (assuming it's not against ToS)
                            Honestly, that really sucks but I wish this was noted (maybe I didn't see it in the updated notes?) so I didn't have to waste balens on a name charge card. Granted it was only 395 but still balens are balens and could have been used for something else. Anyways though it's not that big of a deal I guess just again I wish it was notified of this change,and if it was already posted it wasn't posted enough to actually get the word out. Personally, I don't see a huge deal at all for having symbols in names but it's whatever I guess.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Omniscient2 View Post
                              Honestly, that really sucks but I wish this was noted (maybe I didn't see it in the updated notes?) so I didn't have to waste balens on a name charge card. Granted it was only 395 but still balens are balens and could have been used for something else. Anyways though it's not that big of a deal I guess just again I wish it was notified of this change,and if it was already posted it wasn't posted enough to actually get the word out. Personally, I don't see a huge deal at all for having symbols in names but it's whatever I guess.
                              its actually 595 balens a rename card....and i guess using symbols make it hard for players at some point....as i cant understand chinesse or something alike in bg for example
                              u maybe wanna say some loving words....and cant..cuz u must copy and paste his name a few hundred times))))
                              IGN:Choco(ex:InnØceήce)
                              Class:Mage
                              Level:80
                              Server:Scarstone-S274
                              Battle rating:1.6 mk(nice fake BR)
                              Guild:Genesis
                              The more beautiful and pure a thing is, the more satisfying it is to corrupt it.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X