7 road selling wartune

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by R2_Stormaggedon View Post
    If you read the article, its not Wartune that is being sold, its 7Road being sold. Wartune isn't going to be leaving 7Road's hands. Now, if you'd like to own 7Road, well technically you can't unless you're a Chinese citizen.
    Still, when a company is sold, their property is also sold, which means Wartune is up for sale as well.

Comment

Originally posted by R2_Stormaggedon View Post
      If you read the article, its not Wartune that is being sold, its 7Road being sold. Wartune isn't going to be leaving 7Road's hands. Now, if you'd like to own 7Road, well technically you can't unless you're a Chinese citizen.
      I have a question Storm... Does 7Road make the decisions of what is converted over to the 'rest of the world/U.S.' (i.e. not having the auction house etc) or are those made by another entity like R2 or Kabam et al?
      Kalydia - Level 80 - 1.98k br Archer - Kabam 57 WEST
      Guild: Paradox
      Eudaemon: Eddie - Lvl 8 Oracle Mage - 1.3k br
      Syphs: 80 Herc - Flashpoint- 127k br
      80 Triton - Undertow 93k br
      80 Venus - Precision 113k br
      80 Gaia - Judgenjury
      80 Medusa - Backdraft

Comment

Originally posted by Kalyrific View Post
        I have a question Storm... Does 7Road make the decisions of what is converted over to the 'rest of the world/U.S.' (i.e. not having the auction house etc) or are those made by another entity like R2 or Kabam et al?
        i'll give you a hint. 7road develop online games which Changyou operates, R2 is a "Game Publishing" company while kong, armor, kabam, (do we still have miniclip?) is affiliated to r2.

i guess that would be enough for you to understand of who has the decisions lol.

i think it asked many time in the past.
        I Quit, if you wanna ask regarding to any of my thread or post, i wont answer you.
        and do me a favor, downgrade my reputation. Im done.

Comment

The new owner of 7road will decide what happens to divine comedy and by that extend all licensed versions of it (wartune is just one of many all around the world). If the new owner decides that game is no longer profitable it will either let go of the 7road staff or make them create a new game.
          I think the only thing that is certain is 7road changing ownership will affect all publishers, proficient city and r2 being no exception (hell if they thought wartune was so great and unique and profitable they would have maybe bought 7road themselves already).

Comment

As an investment banker, this thread is hilarious.

Comment

No way i am the only one praying the game gets shut down... lol

Wouldnt that be hilarious...

Comment

The title should say Changyou selling 7Road, not 7Road selling Wartune.

It's the standard deal of a business unit being sold to another parent company. The new parent company would decide the future of the products attached to the unit, which could change the product, change its licensing & profit sharing structure, and/or retire the product altogether. Any such changes would propagate along the chain down to its licensees (R2, Kabam, Kong, etc.) and ultimately to us end users. Unless Wartune is singled out by a separate agreement (which is unlikely), it'll be subject to the above changes and we will be affected by any business decisions that apply to Wartune.

Comment

Lets hope the new owner will change its policy and start communicating with the players...

Comment

Well I do hope who takes it on knows what they are doing.

DarkMeph
                    Willow. RIP 30/10/14 you will be missed.

Comment

Originally posted by CesarJ1000 View Post
                      Lets hope the new owner will change its policy and start communicating with the players...
                      Unlikely. The new owner will be like a brand name and R2 the retailer. You don't generally talk to Levi's direct. You talk to the store where you bought the jeans.

Comment

Working...
                      X