Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

R2Client Issue Survey #2

To contribute to making the R2Client better, please click here to take a survey.
2 of 2 < >

Official Community Discord Server

Join us on the new R2Games Community Discord Server! https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5
See more
See less

Any suggestions for a tiny laptop/netbook for Wartune?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Any suggestions for a tiny laptop/netbook for Wartune?

    Been on the road/mobile/wifi quite often lately, & need a tiny laptop or netbook that can easily fit into a medium sized purse (a lappy without enough shape & weight to deform a purse or make a tall skinny person lose balance). Best if under 14 inches & 4 pounds. Any suggestions?

    Wartune requires a DESKTOP, I know...but are there any good models that can handle its load without making me the lag god of server? Much appreciate any info. Thnx.

  • #2
    Get something from a name you like, has decent ram (at least 8), and is cheap. Not sure if there's any tablets out there to be had for a good price that have flash support, but that might be worth looking into, too, since they are generally even more portable than small laptops and lower cost; performance might be an issue (as well as no flash support). Basically, look around and do some research.

    I built a pretty damn good pc couple weeks ago and WT runs far from perfect on it, my net sucks and WT is WT. Your net connection, especially if you're traveling, will likely have just as much effect on your experience while playing as going for high end performance specs.
    Last edited by FufuBunnySlayer; 06-15-2015, 04:22 PM.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by FufuBunnySlayer View Post
      Get something from a name you like, has decent ram (at least 8), and is cheap. Not sure if there's any tablets out there to be had for a good price that have flash support, but that might be worth looking into, too, since they are generally even more portable than small laptops and lower cost; performance might be an issue (as well as no flash support). Basically, look around and do some research.

      I built a pretty damn good pc couple weeks ago and WT runs far from perfect on it, my net sucks and WT is WT. Your net connection, especially if you're traveling, will likely have just as much effect on your experience while playing as going for high end performance specs.
      hmm...kinda hard to think of anything that's small enough to have 8gb ram & under 4 lbs.
      been using a tablet/phone for a long time & kinda still an acceptable lagger before, but now the game doesn't even load on them.
      best if it can be bought in-store or shipped overnight. setting out for international travel soon.
      i don't care about price if i like something
      any suggestions?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by R238423534 View Post
        Been on the road/mobile/wifi quite often lately, & need a tiny laptop or netbook that can easily fit into a medium sized purse (a lappy without enough shape & weight to deform a purse or make a tall skinny person lose balance). Best if under 14 inches & 4 pounds. Any suggestions?

        Wartune requires a DESKTOP, I know...but are there any good models that can handle its load without making me the lag god of server? Much appreciate any info. Thnx.
        Wartune is very demanding on computer resources. You'll need plenty of RAM to deal with all those flash memory leaks (at least 8 GB). You'll also want to get rid of as many background processes as possible and use a lighter weight operating system than Windows 8. If they have demo set up, see if you can get away with accessing Wartune to see how well it can handle the game.

        Tablets might be challenging since not all tablets/phones will even let you get into Wartune (no flash support). That's definitely one you'd want to test before buying.

        Comment


        • #5
          got the dell xps 13 as recommended by tech radar. not my fav brand but price & specs are decent. thanks for the info fufu & ks.

          Comment


          • #6
            I am using an Acer Aspire E15 and it works just fine - not nearly as good as my desktop, but I hate being chained to my desk when I play.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by R29504711 View Post
              I am using an Acer Aspire E15 and it works just fine - not nearly as good as my desktop, but I hate being chained to my desk when I play.
              searched spec & saw its 5.3 pounds...

              i'm a girl so i just love small & cute things & hate big bulky heavy paperweights that could make me lose balance after putting one in my purse.

              travelling (alone -_-) tomorrow & back next month. kinda feel like i might be off wartune during this time period lol

              Comment


              • #8
                I use an Acer laptop it has 2.00 GB of ram and I do just fine been using it for years. have about the same amount of lag as a desktop. really depends on the Mpb of internet you got. for the flash player just keep it up to date and clear it on a daily bases and you should be fine you really don't need anything fancy for a browser game especially wartunes. most of the problems you run into as to do with there servers most of the time.
                Mage: level 80
                Battle rating:guess
                Server 26 Europe Kabam merged with servers 16, 49


                " My software never has bugs. It just develops random features."

                -R2games



                Comment

                Working...
                X