Join Guild during GB time

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Join Guild during GB time

I was removed from my guild today (sending guild vault to mailbox), and when I tried to join another guild I received this message:

During guild battle, can't apply to join a guild which has already attended the battle.

Click image for larger version

Name:	GuildJoin.png
Views:	1
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	1774488

I did leave the guild during what would normally be GB time... on a Sunday... but wasn't able to join a guild until half an hour past the end of GB time (after BG/amethyst time). Rather annoying...

Any details of how this rule works?

I'm Going To Stand Outside..
    So If Anyone Asks..
    I'm OUTSTANDING!

It's due to cross server guild battle.

Comment

CSGB lasts until that first battleground ends. You're saying it didn't let you join until world boss started?

Comment

Seems this lovely feature that's been introduced (or at least this CSGB season is the first time I've seen it) stops players hopping from guild to guild during Cross Server GB. Not sure of the exact time frame you're unable to join a guild, but yes, that would be the reason.
        Retired Moderator.

Comment

Ah, I see.. that makes more sense.. CSGB..

My guild didn't participate in it, so just barely reading into it. I just happened to pick the perfect time I guess...

Seems to affect everyone regardless of guild registration. Yippie!

Thanks for the update!

I'm Going To Stand Outside..
          So If Anyone Asks..
          I'm OUTSTANDING!

Comment

Wish they did it also for normal GB :P
            Happend to my server a few times a few weeks ago and it was extremely annoying.
            Glad it stopped though but still; this should apply to all gbs, not only x server
            âœ* S3 Worg's Lair
            âœ* Prizzly
            âœ* Knight
            âœ* Guild Queen of HERMES

Comment

Originally posted by Prizzly View Post
              Wish they did it also for normal GB :P
              Happend to my server a few times a few weeks ago and it was extremely annoying.
              Glad it stopped though but still; this should apply to all gbs, not only x server
              Does your server have issues with guilds "borrowing" players from other guilds for gbs? It happened a couple times on my server, but caused too much drama and was more trouble than it was worth, so the players doing it stopped. Now about the only time we see guilds borrowing BR is when 2 guilds are fighting over 8th spot to get in at all.

Comment

That's really weird, I'm pretty sure that regular GB prevents anyone from actually joining more than one battle, since we tried it way back when GB mattered, so I don't see why you wouldn't be allowed to even join the guild.

Oh well, 1 hour a week while CSGB is going on is hardly an imposition.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFancyPants View Post
                  That's really weird, I'm pretty sure that regular GB prevents anyone from actually joining more than one battle, since we tried it way back when GB mattered, so I don't see why you wouldn't be allowed to even join the guild.

Oh well, 1 hour a week while CSGB is going on is hardly an imposition.
                  You can't do more than one guild battle in a day, far as I know. What I am referring to is people changing guilds just for that day's guild battle, then returning to their own guild. It used to be that the top guilds had too many players to all fit into gb so some of their overflow would change guilds for gb nights so that they could play and get rewards. It caused a ton of drama since these extra players created some very unfair fights, so most guild masters put a stop to it by refusing to take the extra players. It has since become a non issue; my server is dead enough that none of our guilds has a full roster for guild battles or CSGB.

Comment

Originally posted by KS222 View Post
                    Does your server have issues with guilds "borrowing" players from other guilds for gbs? It happened a couple times on my server, but caused too much drama and was more trouble than it was worth, so the players doing it stopped. Now about the only time we see guilds borrowing BR is when 2 guilds are fighting over 8th spot to get in at all.
                    wont say borrowing.
                    Was more i help you if you help us in gb.
                    3rd guild had 2-3 players going to the friday gb
                    and half of their guild went to their wednesday gb in exchange. Just to ef with us.
                    Also caused alot of drama so the dont do it anymore
                    âœ* S3 Worg's Lair
                    âœ* Prizzly
                    âœ* Knight
                    âœ* Guild Queen of HERMES

Comment

Just to clear things up, you can not run more than 1 Guild Battle in one day. I've tried it, it doesn't work.
                      Retired Moderator.

Comment

Working...
                      X