No announcement yet.

resistance after patch

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hadn't yet thought of that...will be interesting to say the least. If I had to make a complete guess, I'd imagine it shifts the curve itself. Feel like if it just moved along the curve, would not be powerful enough in the endgame. But, I'm sure we'll find out in a couple months when we're all rocking lvl 12 res crystals and still on 8s/9s with will crystals.

Comment

3300 or so is +57% damage, 5500 is +67 or so, kinda make res pointless in pvp. Also i've seen that power of light/dark reduce damage got quite stronger or feel like it at least.

Comment

23969 dark res and still only reduce damage by 64% in purgatory lvl 30.

Comment

Took me by surprise. I nearly got killed by the lvl 30 necro boss. It never used to damage me. Weird how our res triples and yet its worse. Another example of breaking something that didn't need fixing.

Comment

Originally posted by FireKatz View Post
            are you sure dark res is what you need? that dragon was light type in the old dimensions, did you try fighting in other places too?

Comment

Originally posted by Draggyy View Post
              are you sure dark res is what you need? that dragon was light type in the old dimensions, did you try fighting in other places too?
              After 18 all purgatory boss are non elemental.

Comment

Originally posted by FireKatz View Post
                Interesting, I haven't been able to get higher than 63%, but with thousands less res than that. Probably 65% is the practical upper limit for reduction, if even that high.

Another interesting twist to the new res system is that getting up to 0 in pvp looks to be much more beneficial now, since the damage multiplier seems to go up to 65% as well.

Comment

dont get me wrong, i am one of those players that have been building up their char for the past 3 years, and today, even with the resistance nerf, even with a huge br gap, still managed to beat ppl 300-700k br higher in bg and arena, simply because there are a lot more things to consider in pvp. I am not complaining about me or anyone else not being able to beat those very high ppl, because i no longer stack 3 times their will in resistance towards their pet. Sure, 10 min fights were booring, though i never had one. all my fights prepatch were tops up to 250% , which is roughly a 5 min fight, and believe it or not, i still had some of those today even with the very high dmgs. In my opinion nothing changed there, as to how booring a fight can possible be. Trust me if u got for a triton and u have a lot of hp and deffs, u can take a fight over 200% dmg easily. Now the problem is, they broke pve while at it, you need lvl 11, even 12 gems +dimensions to reach an ammount close to 90% in pve. And considering how hard some of those are, players that arent over 1 mil br yet wont be able to do em anytime soon unless they get carried. As in tok nm, ef hell, purgatory, and most likely skytrail after stage 4-5. Before patch i was able to clear 6.10-10.5 in skytrail. now, i doubt i ll hit 5.10-6.x with the new resistances. And i am not saying that because i have low resistance crystals, i am full 10s, can make full 11s even, and next res event will prolly have full 8 wills even 9s as well, which is not a very top cash player lvl of crystals, but it gets close to that, while everything still seems way harder than its supposed to. As for building up a character in pvp, crystals and wills were a huge part of pvp so far, at least since they were implemented in the game. When i say huge, i refeer as the one thing that mattered the most. Now, they sky-dived from top to buttom, resistance being the least important factor in pvp. While this may be an interesting change, it should never be so sudden, and surely not such a huge difference from before to now. As i said in the initial post, full lv 10s is like it wont even matter, barely decreases dmg by 50%s, and that even, doesnt seem to be very accurate.
                  Also as far as this resistance system goes, 3 will lvl 12 will be equal to 6 lvl 12 resistances, and since u need a 10-15k difference to even matter, pretty much everyone will hit u with a 50-60% buff eventually, which is very much broken.
                  You need to see the bigger picture here, not only that fights are less booring now, which is not even the case.

Comment

my previous best in sylph exp was lvl 24 reached only twice, today with ease i made it to level 28 and had i known it would be so easy i would have saved the needed sylphs and made it to level 30. all because of res changes

Comment

Originally posted by Draggyy View Post
                      I understand that is nice to win, games are usually played to win, but I believe your logic was buried by your desire.

Before this patch I could defeat a team of tok players by myself in arena(some higher br than me), or defeat the top players that have 500-600 k br more than me. Just yesterday I attacked someone with a much better br than me, and even though it wasn't very easy due to his will crystals, his fate was sealed the moment I clicked on him because he didnt have the proper res.

It was nice? sure... But was it fair?What is the point to build a toon for 3 years or to cash on it in order to get br if that br is useless?What is the point of wartune still running, if cashers see no point in buying stuff anymore?Why would the cashers buy all the mounts, do all the fusions and so on, if they can't rip their effort to build the toon or to get that money (yes, unlike the common believe, the money don't fall from trees, a person works for them and chooses to use them here in order to see a benefit)

For many of you this doesn't matter, for some reason you keep competing with cashers, you don't want to compete just with those that spends at a level similar to yours. Sure, I want to beat people with much higher br than me too, but not by the luck of having the right resistance and make their entire toon useless ,while they hit me for 5k and I afk them lol.

It was nice to beat 4 strong players at once in team arena before patch, today I got thrown of my piedestal and crushed by the same teams. Ofc the loss wasn't as satisfying as the win before the patch, but you know what? It was fair !Their stats for which they worked all those years and their skill (which couldnt be shown when hitting me for 5k) paid off and wasn't for nothing.

My 2 cents for those who cares about a fair system
                      agreed n well said and all those that think otherwise r just lucky that r2 is giving everyone so much stuff to get stronger without needing to cash. That's this whole patch for noncashers and if u can't see that we'll of well
                      Character Name: Chris1909
                      Class: Mage
                      Server: US West

Comment

Originally posted by chris1909 View Post
                        agreed n well said and all those that think otherwise r just lucky that r2 is giving everyone so much stuff to get stronger without needing to cash. That's this whole patch for noncashers and if u can't see that we'll of well
                        the whole patch except for this lol Click image for larger version

Name:	sylph.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	397.3 KB
ID:	1717067

Comment

Resistance after patch has a gigantic impact...

On Bounty Targets.

Trash went from hitting my euds for 8k to hitting for 200k+. How that works mathematically? No clue.

Comment

Originally posted by Barraind View Post

On Bounty Targets.

Trash went from hitting my euds for 8k to hitting for 200k+. How that works mathematically? No clue.
                            having the same issue was having no problems killing 76,77,79,80 now cant even kill the mobs

Comment

Originally posted by Barraind View Post

On Bounty Targets.

It's pretty easy, pre-patch, res could go insanely high, at least 95%, probably more. And it wasn't too hard to hit that high level. Now, my main eudaemon gets only about 55% reduction. Even conservatively, that's 9x the damage he was taking before. Could easily be 20x or more.

I hate that sylph expedition, with the absolutely **** rewards, is now many times easier, while bounty targets, where we could get some decent stuff, are impossible.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyraha View Post
                                dont get me wrong, i am one of those players that have been building up their char for the past 3 years, and today, even with the resistance nerf, even with a huge br gap, still managed to beat ppl 300-700k br higher in bg and arena, simply because there are a lot more things to consider in pvp. I am not complaining about me or anyone else not being able to beat those very high ppl, because i no longer stack 3 times their will in resistance towards their pet. Sure, 10 min fights were booring, though i never had one. all my fights prepatch were tops up to 250% , which is roughly a 5 min fight, and believe it or not, i still had some of those today even with the very high dmgs. In my opinion nothing changed there, as to how booring a fight can possible be. Trust me if u got for a triton and u have a lot of hp and deffs, u can take a fight over 200% dmg easily. Now the problem is, they broke pve while at it, you need lvl 11, even 12 gems +dimensions to reach an ammount close to 90% in pve. And considering how hard some of those are, players that arent over 1 mil br yet wont be able to do em anytime soon unless they get carried. As in tok nm, ef hell, purgatory, and most likely skytrail after stage 4-5. Before patch i was able to clear 6.10-10.5 in skytrail. now, i doubt i ll hit 5.10-6.x with the new resistances. And i am not saying that because i have low resistance crystals, i am full 10s, can make full 11s even, and next res event will prolly have full 8 wills even 9s as well, which is not a very top cash player lvl of crystals, but it gets close to that, while everything still seems way harder than its supposed to. As for building up a character in pvp, crystals and wills were a huge part of pvp so far, at least since they were implemented in the game. When i say huge, i refeer as the one thing that mattered the most. Now, they sky-dived from top to buttom, resistance being the least important factor in pvp. While this may be an interesting change, it should never be so sudden, and surely not such a huge difference from before to now. As i said in the initial post, full lv 10s is like it wont even matter, barely decreases dmg by 50%s, and that even, doesnt seem to be very accurate.
                                Also as far as this resistance system goes, 3 will lvl 12 will be equal to 6 lvl 12 resistances, and since u need a 10-15k difference to even matter, pretty much everyone will hit u with a 50-60% buff eventually, which is very much broken.
                                You need to see the bigger picture here, not only that fights are less booring now, which is not even the case.
                                My point of view regarding pve:

-sky trial: this and nr were the only remaining challenges in pve, even though some cleared all levels. Sky trial is pretty much a 1 time reward event, where you dont even get the horns for every 5 levels anymore. I hope it will get harder because I want something challenging in pve, there should always be something where you aspire to progress and can't complete it !
                                -narrandera: once challenging, now it became much easier. Many average players can complete it now
                                -purgatory: it was hard, it became easy after the patch before this one, and now hard again lol. It will be harder for those who didn't take advantage during the easy period, but you can get a lot of stoves even from the first 15-20 levels if tara/nr arent enough
                                -bounty target: I stopped trying to progress after killing 83 for easy daily progress so I can still do a few per day, those who wanted to do their best there will have a very hard time now. Your kids will progress faster thanks to kid arena if you have time for it, but even so, do not try to progress any further lol, stay at the same level for ages for an easy life.
                                -sylph expedition: it is easier now again. Even though it doesnt really have great rewards, maybe now some of us will manage to progress enough to see if the rumored sylph essence exists :P
                                -mpd hell: what is the point of having 3 levels of difficulty if everyone could do it? I believe it is fair for it to be hard and only strong people to be able to pass it. If everyone could pass it including 1 m br, everyone could get the same amount of rewards and progress pretty much the same, so what would be the point?
                                -tok is harder again. I don't know how much harder is again, but it is an event with 4 levels of difficulty. Can't say I agree with it being harder again, but I guess the same points as with the mpds applies in here as well.

I agree the change was sudden, but I disagree that resistance is the least important in pvp
                                Last edited by Draggyy; 09-17-2015, 01:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X