resistences

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• resistences

i've fighted vs an opponent with about 10k in electro res and my damage was +5% and this player was a 6m br. second opponent have received +58% had 11k in electro res and had 8m br.

so, there is something of wrong in henna lab , or in res , or that other the res reduction and the res , there is/are another value/s that influence.

all players are been oneshooted.
    every hero has his hamster!

See my post on page 2 and/or MrFancyPants post's.
    Last edited by R224070026; 11-05-2016, 12:56 PM.
    S310: Gidd- 20kk BR
    1.6kk PATK, weee! /ninja chop
    EpicFail/Gemini

S310: Giddette- 9kk BR
    Lukoi

Comment

Originally posted by R224070026 View Post
      Res Reduction. The first stat on the list on the resistances tab. This is where the + or - % number comes from when fighting an opponent.

If your Res Red is higher than your opponents, then you have a damage advantage. It's working as intended.

ETA, this is not the Original Post... See below for the original.
      yes , but why is happens that i've writed before? player with 11k in electro res should have a lower damage taken. in stead was 58% in stead of 5%.

Comment

Originally posted by R261816601 View Post
        yes , but why is happens that i've writed before? player with 11k in electro res should have a lower damage taken. in stead was 58% in stead of 5%.
        Last edited by R224070026; 11-05-2016, 12:52 PM.
        EpicFail/Gemini

Lukoi

Comment

No. Electro Resistance is not Res Reduction.

Res Red is Will Crystals. The top stat in resistances. The crystals that go in the middle. These are not the same as Resistance Crystals.
          i know but the my res reduction is the same but the res of who have 11k in electro res have received +58% from me and in stead that with 10k in electro res got only +5%. why this?

Comment

i know but the my res reduction is the same but the res of who have 11k in electro res have received +58% from me and in stead that with 10k in electro res got only +5%. why this?
            Last edited by R224070026; 11-05-2016, 12:52 PM.
            EpicFail/Gemini

Lukoi

Comment

i swear res does not work
              Cyanide
              Server: R2Games S230 Cross Chasm (Oceanic)
              Guild: Sicario

Comment

Originally posted by R23224943 View Post
                i swear res does not work
                Elemental resistances are of dubious value since the patch that changed from hundreds of resistance being really good to having many thousands of resistance. Check out Doly Games post on resistances since patch 5.8.

Res Reduction is still one of the best stats in the game.

So, Will Crystals = Very Good. Resistance Crystals = Meh.
                Last edited by R224070026; 11-05-2016, 12:54 PM.
                EpicFail/Gemini

Lukoi

Comment

Your Res Reduction is compared to your opponent's Res Reduction. If you have more, you gain (+) % damage. If you have less, you lose (-) % damage. It has nothing to do with your opponents Electro Resist. That is figured separately.
                  No, that is not correct. Your res reduction, as the name implies, is used to reduce your opponent's resistance. Your res reduction is never compared to the opponent's.

What might be going on is that the electro res was about the same, but another element was much higher for the first player, and that was what actually was used. I.e., you attack someone (when not in sylph form) with 10k electro res, but 15k dark res and do +5% damage, and then a different person has 11k electro res, but nothing else is higher, and you do +58% damage. That's completely normal behavior, and has been since resistance was introduced.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFancyPants View Post
                    No, that is not correct. Your res reduction, as the name implies, is used to reduce your opponent's resistance. Your res reduction is never compared to the opponent's.

What might be going on is that the electro res was about the same, but another element was much higher for the first player, and that was what actually was used. I.e., you attack someone (when not in sylph form) with 10k electro res, but 15k dark res and do +5% damage, and then a different person has 11k electro res, but nothing else is higher, and you do +58% damage. That's completely normal behavior, and has been since resistance was introduced.
                    If it worked that way, then everyone should have at least one element that is the same in all 6 (or 5 if they haven't purchased the last one) slots. But very few people regard that as a good idea. I'll try to do some actual testing, but in my experience, it doesn't work the way that the name implies. If it did, you would expect to see different % damage while you were awakened vs while you are in normal combat (since sylphing changes your damage type from only magic/phys to elemental + magic/phys.)
                    Last edited by R224070026; 11-03-2016, 10:09 AM.
                    EpicFail/Gemini

Lukoi

Comment

If it worked that way, then everyone should have at least one element that is the same in all 6 (or 5 if they haven't purchased the last one) slots. But very few people regard that as a good idea. I'll try to do some actual testing, but in my experience, it doesn't work the way that the name implies. If it did, you would expect to see different % damage while you were awakened vs while you are in normal combat (since sylphing changes your damage type from only magic/phys to elemental + magic/phys.)
                      You don't see different numbers when you awaken? I do.
                      I think the reason so many people spread out resistances is because of merged sylphs, though. It used to be you could concentrate on certain elements, but with the relatively common merges of all 3 types, you really can't forgo any element without risking someone doing major bonus damage to you. Plus, you can be lazier if you just keep 3 of each, that's the main reason I do it. That said, half the top 10 on my server (and all of the most competitive) do concentrate on at least one element, so you may not be looking hard enough.

I just re-tested, and it works exactly as I expected. Removed all element crystals except light & dark, and an opponent with electro sylph did very different damage when sylphed.

Comment

lol. no one have still replied to me. how is possible receive an higher damage from a player with a player that have a bit higher electro res of anoter 1? i've equiped a zeus. but with 1 i've done + 5% (that with electro res lower and with another 1 + 58% with the higher electro res. is a thing very strange.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFancyPants View Post
                          You don't see different numbers when you awaken? I do.
                          I think the reason so many people spread out resistances is because of merged sylphs, though. It used to be you could concentrate on certain elements, but with the relatively common merges of all 3 types, you really can't forgo any element without risking someone doing major bonus damage to you. Plus, you can be lazier if you just keep 3 of each, that's the main reason I do it. That said, half the top 10 on my server (and all of the most competitive) do concentrate on at least one element, so you may not be looking hard enough.

I just re-tested, and it works exactly as I expected. Removed all element crystals except light & dark, and an opponent with electro sylph did very different damage when sylphed.
                          I took some time today to test this out, and I was definitely wrong...

My alt with no crystals equipped has 0 of all elements and 0 Res Red. My main with no crystals has 3100 of everything.

I do +55% damage to my alt with no crystals.

When my alt equips 6 dark res crystals (for 5964 dark res) I do -30ish % damage.

When my alt equips Will Crystals, but 0 Resist Crystals, I still do +55% damage.

Merged sylphs resist vs the opponents highest of the two resists. So, Thor does Fire/Electro. If you have 0 fire and 10000 electro, I resist against your electro.

lol. no one have still replied to me. how is possible receive an higher damage from a player with a player that have a bit higher electro res of anoter 1? i've equiped a zeus. but with 1 i've done + 5% (that with electro res lower and with another 1 + 58% with the higher electro res. is a thing very strange.
                          When you are in Sylph mode, the opponents Electro resist is/(should be) counted.

When you are not Sylph, the opponents highest resist (whatever it is) is/(should be) counted. If you're doing less damage while in Sylph mode to the person with less Electro resist, then that is a bug(?). If you're doing less damage while normal, then you have to look at the other resists too.
                          EpicFail/Gemini

Lukoi

Comment

Working...
                          X