Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Astrals and probability

Seriously.

I sort of suspect that if you get a few misfortunes in a row, you will keep getting it. Happened to me too.

So what I would do is to stop trying astrals for a few minutes, and try it again later. Superstition I know, but somehow it makes me feel better.
    Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
    [No longer logging in]

Comment

I know, it's all about the right time. I've noticed that when unlocking next that it must be looking for a similar range from the RNG for each step. With that said, you can be quick enough and ride that for a bit. Too bad it'll be some time before we see true random number generation rather than this pseudorandom garbage derived from the current time.

Comment

I feel for you but look on the bright side.. at the least the one click sell will totally clear your field

Yeah, he's SOOOOOOO romantic

Personal: Married to the most wonderful man in the world. Love you, Kit. Cara 'ch, 'm blaidd.

Honesty is an expensive gift, don't expect it from cheap people.

Demented children don't impress me.

Comment

Originally posted by xNapalm View Post
          I know, it's all about the right time. I've noticed that when unlocking next that it must be looking for a similar range from the RNG for each step. With that said, you can be quick enough and ride that for a bit. Too bad it'll be some time before we see true random number generation rather than this pseudorandom garbage derived from the current time.
          You and I know that there's no such thing as true RNG from computer, but it is as good as it gets.
          Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
          [No longer logging in]

Comment

The worst run of luck I have actually noticed is 4 misfortunes in a row.

Are you sure you're being on the level here? :P

Comment

Originally posted by Serrin View Post
              I feel for you but look on the bright side.. at the least the one click sell will totally clear your field
              Such a useful button.

Originally posted by CondorHero View Post
              You and I know that there's no such thing as true RNG from computer, but it is as good as it gets.
              Generating a non-static size multidimensional array, populating with pseudorandom numbers, and then using a couple more pseudorandom numbers to locate coordinates seems like a decent way to at least pick a somewhat more random value. Only issue is time consumption with Thread.Sleep in the loops to help ensure randomness.

Originally posted by KnowingEyes7 View Post
              The worst run of luck I have actually noticed is 4 misfortunes in a row.

Are you sure you're being on the level here? :P
              This was on an unlucky night where I kept getting loads of them.

Comment

Working...
              X