MP Arena Team vs. Team Matching System

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MP Arena Team vs. Team Matching System

this is the only aspect of the game that seems to me WAY out of balance... it will often match a team against another in such a way that one is just so extremely overpowered that the entire team can get one-hit... sort of like putting a level 30 team up against a level 40 team...

this mis-match works both ways... i've been on the over-powered team and on the under-powered team... RARELY is it a fair fight that is a close battle... VERY rarely...

it also will match the same teams up back-to-back... which in the mis-match case means multiple quick wins or losses...

since one can't see the level of the other team's members, there is no way of knowing WHY this over-powering is true (mis-matched levels is the most likely)...

today, for my 30 trials, i lost 25 times.. oddly, i won the last 3, so the beginning was a loss-fest... hehe... and about 20 of those losses where to teams we stood no chance against (one round and our entire team would be at half health)...

as it is, it is like a coin toss... not so much skill as the luck of the match...

is this a known issue, and is it being worked on?

other than that, this is a great game!

when i was lvl 50+ i met S1 meru , and dwarf a few times at 18:00 arena time.
    Five Sylphs for the Heros in wartune,
    Two for the Whales in their deep blue ocean,
    Three for Mortal Men doomed to die,
    One for the Big Whales on their dark throne
    In the Land of Wartune where the heroes lie.
    One sylph to crush them all, One sylph to kill mobs,
    One sylph to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
    In the Land of Wartune where the Moby duck lie."

Comment

Originally posted by R21577189 View Post
      when i was lvl 50+ i met S1 meru , and dwarf a few times at 18:00 arena time.
      sorry.. not sure what that means...

Comment

Originally posted by Peteroid View Post
        sorry.. not sure what that means...
        Imagine a level 50+ vs meru's team lvl 69 or 68 and dwarf lvl 67+ that time.

There was another I met a supermage and his team I think LINKETONG. Hard to forget that name.

Supposed to be different time zone, and it was ZOMG we met him, lucky no onimads or s40 namira, though my friend said they did met namira a few times, and were promptly destroyed.

I am so glad i have never met that sexy and delicious garter girl in group arena, believing strongly that I would have been killed immediately.
        Five Sylphs for the Heros in wartune,
        Two for the Whales in their deep blue ocean,
        Three for Mortal Men doomed to die,
        One for the Big Whales on their dark throne
        In the Land of Wartune where the heroes lie.
        One sylph to crush them all, One sylph to kill mobs,
        One sylph to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
        In the Land of Wartune where the Moby duck lie."

Comment

I am 65 now and still run into some 30s or 40s.

Sometimes, they got a string of losses against us. Poor dears.
          Last edited by DeathRiver; 01-25-2013, 12:57 AM.
          The Last Remnant OSTs Go!!!

{OuO**

Comment

when i was in level 52, i fought a team of level 55+, now i'm level 54 i fought with level 60. only for about 7-9 matches, but still...
            I don't need a plan.....just a goal, the others.....will follow on their own.

Comment

Think about probability lessons from math in high school. Think of how many servers have teams and how many teams per server and think of how many are doing just the five for daily quest and other doing 20 for the ore and still others doing all 30 attempts. Now figure out the probability of running into the same team over and over... it shouldn't happen. But it does. Random matching my ***... you get paired with whoever clicks start first somewhere.

Yeah, he's SOOOOOOO romantic

Personal: Married to the most wonderful man in the world. Love you, Kit. Cara 'ch, 'm blaidd.

Honesty is an expensive gift, don't expect it from cheap people.

Demented children don't impress me.

Comment

Working...
              X