Merge Facebook and Wartune

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Merge Facebook and Wartune

Right now Facebook users are experiencing an internal error 500 and are unable to login to the game. This was how I found out that Wartune has separate servers from facebook which means that my character is not found on Wartune servers. id est I dont exist outside facebook. This is a problem, especially for users that pay cash. Ironically enough I first found out about Wartune from facebook and thought it was a facebook game and signed up for play from facebook BUT I received an email from Watune thanking me for registering at the mother site (which is true, I have a login for this site as you can read, but it is not my email or facebook login ID, it's some randomly generated number (R2D2978609 or whatever).

Short story: Allow facebook users to login to the Wartune servers with their characters intact.

http://www.r2games.com/user that should allow you to change your R2XXXX id.... just scroll down and click on your nickname to change it......

unfortunately your account info on facebook is not transferable to R2 servers.... even tho you are playing on R2 rb servers.....

I think if it was possible, there would be a mass exodus from FB to R2, and while I would welcome the new faces, it would make for some busy days ahead, helping players...lol... hell thats part of the job any way...lol
    Dragon Pals and Shadowbound Mod and Basic tech support

R2 Serrin, My partner and fiancee, RIP 1971-2015
    Cha bhi fios aire math an tobair gus an trÃ*igh e.

Comment

that's all well and good, but I spent quite a bit of money on this game and I'm not even on the real servers? they don't mention this at all when you go to buy stuff for the game. It would be a nice (and ethical) thing for them to tell you "Hey! We know you found out about us on Facebook but here is the real game! If you create a character here we will not honor your character or purchases on our real servers!" ESPECIALLY so with a game that supports real money exchange. I would ask to have my character transferred but from what I've heard and from my experience I'd probably be ignored or simply told they are "unable to." I'll still play on Facebook but be rest assured I will not be putting any more money on a false character in a non-native server.

Comment

I have two characters on the same "non-genuine" servers and I too use facebook to log in. I decided to abandon my R2 chars and concentrate on the FB ones, thinking they were one and the same thing and the guilds I had found through FB were great. Little did I know about the fact that I was playing through and entirely different company etc. I too have spent a considerable amount of money on this game and of course, a considerable amount of time. I would agree that it was my choice to use the servers I do, and it was my choice to spend the time and money BUT, I did so in good faith and of the understanding that Wartune was Wartune and not a series of franchises based in China but operating through various "agents" around the world - some good, and some apparently not so good. I may consider re-starting a character on one of the newer R2 servers but only when I get some answers about what has happened on the other servers and the likelihood of some form of compensation - ideally a return of my facebook credits. I understand this is not an R2 problem but you can rest assured that many, like me, will see this as a Wartune issue, not relate it back to the individual server operators - and simply quit the game, advising their friends to do the same. It may not hurt now but, I have seen crash and burn for similar issues and similar failures to address them.
        Here for a good time

Comment

you are on the real servers for the version of wartune you play, on FB...... the official, original version of wartune is chinese, and owned by a outfit called 7roads
          thats the advertising image you may have noticed when you login to wartune and load it.....

now where a issue arises is that people are paying for pixels on a screen, with the understanding that it gives them ownership and possession over something.... but if you read the TOS, you will find that you have no control or rights at all..... its one of the hidden dangers of the internet and online gaming....

the issue with honouring your character and your purchases, is that their is no way to transfer your character from one server database to another.... and that is because there is more to the character than what people see...... its like transfering a Itunes playlist to a media player .... the play list all the same music and songs, but the acess points are wrong and that can result in you not getting access to your music
          Dragon Pals and Shadowbound Mod and Basic tech support

R2 Serrin, My partner and fiancee, RIP 1971-2015
          Cha bhi fios aire math an tobair gus an trÃ*igh e.

Comment

I fully understand the risks and also the idea of paying for pixels, I realise I own nothing even though I have paid. However, you mention the words "honouring your character and purchases" - this is where I have an issue. At present, this is not being honoured. If this continues for much longer, I will have just a couple of options: 1. Move to another server, perhaps an R2 one and start again or simply give up and stop playing Wartune. My point here is that 7roads' failure to act in any way on this will most certainly have a negative impact on the game - it is my understanding that Facebook are more than happy to remove apps that cause numerous complaints
            Here for a good time

Comment

I get that because I am using intellectual property rights that I have no claim to the "property" I've purchased the user rights to. One cannot "own" anything digital because you cannot own 1's and 0's. I get it. What upsets me is that there is no notification or anything that tells you "if you buy items here, we will not honor them on our servers." I know that I would have switched had I been told that.

It would be like if Warcraft players were told that their characters and purchases would not be valid on Blizzard servers because they made a character on one of their licensed hosts and not through Blizzard itself. Do you see my issue here? It's not a legal matter of rights or control, it's about the ethics of conducting business and relating to people. Don't worry I know I'm just a dollar sign, but I'm asking them to brush their teeth before spitting on me is all.
              Last edited by Mentok; 01-31-2013, 11:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X