Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Forum PMs and Mail

Due to an error in the current version of vBulletin, most are experiencing errors with the private messaging system. Please do not send moderators private messages for assistance at this time. If you have an issue that requires privacy, let us know in your new post or thread and we will work with you to find another option. Thanks - The Moderation Team.
2 of 2 < >

R2 LOGIN ISSUES

For recent R2 login issues, please log in through the website starting with "https": https://www.r2games.com. In addition, the bookmark of the saved URL may still contain the word "http", please change it to "https". If this does not work for you, please clear the cache and cookies to complete the most recent update, or try again with another browser. Thank you.
See more
See less

I was forced to stop playing - does this get worse?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I was forced to stop playing - does this get worse?

    So, apologies if this has been posted but I wanted to drop some feedback for the devs.

    As an avid MMO player and fan of retro gaming, this game has surprisingly taken my interest. Enough to get me to shell out some cash, which is rare for me these days.

    I'm currently sitting around level 28 and have hit a deadwall - I have absolutely nothing left in game that will grant me EXP. The only quests I have are for the level 30-32 zone and i've completed everything humanly possible in game, at least until the reset tomorrow.

    Now I realize i'll get back on tomorrow and have things to do but the curve between available progression and EXP required seems to be widening VERY fast. I get the impression that once i've run the 'daily' content and events, with each passing level, my playtime will become less and less each day.

    Forgive me if this isn't the case but I was pretty disheartened to be forced off my character. I guess I could play an alt but i'm not much of an alt person - it's the first game i've had the system choose when I stopped playing for me. I guess I could farm the tiny amounts of Daru in the Wilds but well.. should I have to?

    I really can't understand why a) group dungeons are so heavily restricted, b) the stamina system even exists and c) why is the PvP system restrictive?

    It's probably all been said before but are these systems being looked at currently?

    Just my bit of feedback for R2 anyway.

  • #2
    ok.... as you get up in levels, it becomes a bit of a exercise in planning and with the addition of thing slike talents that require exp to upgrade, then a player really needs to think about how they want to play......

    there is plenty that will give you exp... its simply a case of learning about the game and how to play smart..... running MP dungeons with exp scrolls and farm friends / friends that you have traded roses with, is a idea..........

    btw the small amount of daru ? in order to level your knights from level 1-40 in one go... its 10 mill daru.... a lot of players have been caught out by that.....
    Dragon Pals and Shadowbound Mod and Basic tech support

    R2 Serrin, My partner and fiancee, RIP 1971-2015
    Cha bhi fios aire math an tobair gus an trÃ*igh e.

    Comment


    • #3
      You get like 600 Daru for killing mobs in the Wild - it's not a bad amount I guess. Is that really one of the most effective places to gather it after a while?

      I haven't been EXP scrolling just yet - will do tomorrow probably.

      I guess i'm just used to being a massive farmer and this game doesn't seem to be about that - being gated by system blocks is not something i've come across for over a decade I think, heh.

      Some good tips anyway - though I still hope they look at the restrictions imposed on the game. I can't help but think infinite stamina for VIP subscribers would see huge increases at R2.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by SuperNickX View Post
        You get like 600 Daru for killing mobs in the Wild - it's not a bad amount I guess. Is that really one of the most effective places to gather it after a while?

        I haven't been EXP scrolling just yet - will do tomorrow probably.

        I guess i'm just used to being a massive farmer and this game doesn't seem to be about that - being gated by system blocks is not something i've come across for over a decade I think, heh.

        Some good tips anyway - though I still hope they look at the restrictions imposed on the game. I can't help but think infinite stamina for VIP subscribers would see huge increases at R2.
        Game is long term. There will come a point where you'll view some of the daily events as a chore. =P

        Comment


        • #5
          For the dungeon restriction, everyone has it. For example, i am level 44 yet i see dungeons for 46-48 and have quest for them. I think it is like this to stop everyone from leveling up so quickly. Personally i have no problem with this, but cant say the same for others. Though your level 28, that is like just starting to get into the game. It will get much better at 30+, just try to enjoy it
          Morganna
          Server: 112 Seven-Realm: 49 Mage
          Guild: FREEDOM


          Need To File A Ticket?

          Comment


          • #6
            lol farming is your friend.... alternate gold with daru and use the world boss as best you can......

            a good place is the duskin arena ( up to 45k daru per run on a good day ( level 23-25 MP dungeon )...

            I deliberately slow my leveling so that I am continuing to build my character without leveling.... I would refer to overpowered for my level than under powered..... and it gives me time to farm gold and daru for astrals and troops and the other aspects of your character that have no yet opened up... but when they do, I would not get surprised if you start to rethink how fast you want to level
            Dragon Pals and Shadowbound Mod and Basic tech support

            R2 Serrin, My partner and fiancee, RIP 1971-2015
            Cha bhi fios aire math an tobair gus an trÃ*igh e.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by SuperNickX

              Some good tips anyway - though I still hope they look at the restrictions imposed on the game. I can't help but think infinite stamina for VIP subscribers would see huge increases at R2.
              Infinite stamina + spirit convenant = unlimited EXP per day. That means, if you're level 60, you'll probably go all the way to level 80 in the same day. You don't even have to do MPDs anymore. Just blitz 24hours.
              Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
              [No longer logging in]

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Ratty_Da_Mod View Post
                I deliberately slow my leveling so that I am continuing to build my character without leveling.... I would refer to overpowered for my level than under powered..... and it gives me time to farm gold and daru for astrals and troops and the other aspects of your character that have no yet opened up... but when they do, I would not get surprised if you start to rethink how fast you want to level
                Hear, hear!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by CondorHero View Post
                  Infinite stamina + spirit convenant = unlimited EXP per day. That means, if you're level 60, you'll probably go all the way to level 80 in the same day. You don't even have to do MPDs anymore. Just blitz 24hours.
                  What's this infinite stamina you speak of? :P

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by SuperNickX View Post
                    What's this infinite stamina you speak of? :P
                    There is no such thing.
                    Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
                    You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
                    Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
                    Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X