Announcement

Collapse

Official Community Discord Server

Join us on the new R2Games Community Discord Server! https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5
See more
See less

Hypothetical Question: What happens when you're capped on EXP and level?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hypothetical Question: What happens when you're capped on EXP and level?

    Seeing that the maximum character level is at 80 and the maximum talent level is at 80 (allegedly, but no evidence), what happens when you finally hit the cap?

    Do you get no more EXP from multiplayer dungeons, single player dungeons, bounty quests, etc. at all?
    Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
    [No longer logging in]

  • #2
    before i get there is soooo long away, that it will be raised many times...
    Havent seen any higher on chinise server so i think atm 80 is cap and after that you dont get anymore exp from anywhere.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by CondorHero View Post
      Seeing that the maximum character level is at 80 and the maximum talent level is at 80 (allegedly, but no evidence), what happens when you finally hit the cap?

      Do you get no more EXP from multiplayer dungeons, single player dungeons, bounty quests, etc. at all?
      I guess it depends how they run things:

      Another game I play with a level cap had a system whereby you kept gaining experience - and at each point you would in theory level after the cap - you gained an additional skill point. However skill points there and here are different.

      while this could work in WT - it's not going to last long.

      I guess my suggestion would be this but each time you come to 'level up' you gain a small chunk of base character stats. something to keep you gaining xp and levelling, but not too OP
      Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
      You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
      Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
      Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by ConzA View Post
        before i get there is soooo long away, that it will be raised many times...
        Havent seen any higher on chinise server so i think atm 80 is cap and after that you dont get anymore exp from anywhere.
        If you don't get any more EXP or bonus after you hit the cap, then there's no point to rush the EXP gain right now.
        I think many people on R2's servers will hit the cap pretty soon. By pretty soon, I mean within 2 months.
        Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
        [No longer logging in]

        Comment


        • #5
          well i dont think it is that easy to cap at level 80, with talents maxed such that the needed exp for next talent level is greater than the total exp to level up to the unavailable 81.

          my guess is that many players in chinese wartune capped 80 easily, yet 7road had no new contents for them to level up and continue playing (other than the pvp aspects of the game like bg, arena and gb) hence they released the talents system to conveniently provide a new aim for the higher levels and keep them busy with the game and have at least something to do there.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by shynnblu View Post
            well i dont think it is that easy to cap at level 80, with talents maxed such that the needed exp for next talent level is greater than the total exp to level up to the unavailable 81.
            The rate of increase per talent level slows significantly at each 10 levels (max 40?). At 40, the incrementals are very slight. Can give more info if pressed but suffice to say, it's easier to max talents than levels. At 70+ the jumps in required XP per character level are huge.

            Comment


            • #7
              Hence, the question becomes what happens when we max. character level and talent.

              A careful calculation shows that at my average exp gain per day, I can make my talent level reach my character level in 57.5 days.
              Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
              [No longer logging in]

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by shynnblu View Post
                well i dont think it is that easy to cap at level 80, with talents maxed such that the needed exp for next talent level is greater than the total exp to level up to the unavailable 81.

                my guess is that many players in chinese wartune capped 80 easily, yet 7road had no new contents for them to level up and continue playing (other than the pvp aspects of the game like bg, arena and gb) hence they released the talents system to conveniently provide a new aim for the higher levels and keep them busy with the game and have at least something to do there.
                they have vers 2.0 now and theres a whole new ball park of lvling and such, furthermore when you hit 80 with new dungeons the spire and such its not hard to get like 25-30mio exp a day with wich you can lvl talents prety fast i know a lot of players that are lvl 72 and talents lvl 40+ already

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by bladewarior View Post
                  they have vers 2.0 now and theres a whole new ball park of lvling and such, furthermore when you hit 80 with new dungeons the spire and such its not hard to get like 25-30mio exp a day with wich you can lvl talents prety fast i know a lot of players that are lvl 72 and talents lvl 40+ already
                  Even though they're on patch 2.0, but there's no increase in max. level and no new dungeons.
                  Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
                  [No longer logging in]

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by CondorHero View Post
                    Even though they're on patch 2.0, but there's no increase in max. level and no new dungeons.
                    theres a whole new part on lvling in the upper city (floating city with something like rebirth or such)

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by KnowingEyes7 View Post
                      The rate of increase per talent level slows significantly at each 10 levels (max 40?). At 40, the incrementals are very slight. Can give more info if pressed but suffice to say, it's easier to max talents than levels. At 70+ the jumps in required XP per character level are huge.
                      if the increase in exp needed for increasing talent is very slight after talent lv 40, wouldnt' it make it harder to cap talents? since the required exp to upgrade to next talent level will not go greater than the required exp to level up character level anytime soon.

                      say for example..
                      80-81 requires 120 million exp. x level of talent require 90 million to go to next level, and x+1 level of talent require 90.5 million. then wouldn't one need alot more than 60 x 90 mil exp = 5.4 billion exp to max out talent such that the next talent level requires more than 120 million exp to level up? as such, it would buy enough time for 7road to come out with new contents for the game i think

                      anyway is there a max level talent now? not 40 by any chance?
                      Last edited by shynnblu; 04-04-2013, 07:47 AM.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        nop i got lvl 40 talent and can still lvl for example lvl 41 needs 46.1mio exp and to lvl from 71-72 you need 94mio exp. increases in exp needed for talents are low on these lvls around 0.5mio a lvl i think
                        Last edited by bladewarior; 04-04-2013, 08:27 AM.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          It is speculated that the max level of talent is 80.
                          Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
                          [No longer logging in]

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            only thing im wondering is if seal lvl will be 80 max and then you can go on and lvl talents otherwise its gonna be a tricky thing, like will i go for full seal or will i go for full talents with low seal

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by GingerTheHutt View Post
                              Another game I play with a level cap had a system whereby you kept gaining experience - and at each point you would in theory level after the cap - you gained an additional skill point. However skill points there and here are different.
                              That "Another game", is it call 12sky by any chance?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X