critical dmg for mage?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• critical dmg for mage?

I tried an orange lvl2 crit astral instead of my orange lvl4 will destroyer against worldboss today but dealt less damage. What do you think, worth using a higher level critical astral instead of will destroyer on wb with a mage? Havent decided yet upgrade my crit astral or stay at will destroyer, any advice?

Get ur Sniper Edge to at least lv4/5 in conjuction w/ enhance determination lv4/5.. trust me, u will crit more often nd ur crits will do more dmg

Comment

level 5 Crit and level 4 Determination being used exclusively for WB.

I would say I've exceeded my level 6 Will Destroyer damage by a good margin.
      Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
      You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
      Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
      Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

Comment

Ok, thanks for the fast replies, so I'll upgrade my crit astral.

Comment

Im a lvl 70 mage. Just looking for oppinions. Do you guys think building a crit mage would be a good idea? I mean not only for WB..

Comment

i would use will destroyer more than crit

Comment

Originally posted by Xerxes007 View Post
              Im a lvl 70 mage. Just looking for oppinions. Do you guys think building a crit mage would be a good idea? I mean not only for WB..
              Only if you have PVE gear can you actually start pulling it off properly.
              PVP gear just drops your defenses/hp too much to make it worth it.
              I'd have to say around 4k or close to it, is when the crit damage pays off more than WD damage.

Comment

4k+ crit seems to be the minimum... but with that i'd get more... cuz with 4k+ its just edges EWD slightly... at that crit rate you lose defense for low gain.. I would say maybe 5k crit minimum to make up for the lost def

Comment

Uh... you realise crit does a lot more damage than WD right?
                  Assume base crit damage is +50%, +determination Lv 5 (shouldn't be hard) = +75% damage.
                  Will Destroyer at lv 6, is only +30% damage.
                  so 45% extra damage, pretty easy to achieve.
                  You sacrifice some defenses to kill faster, so you take less hits and need less defenses. ^^ Just doing it in PVP gear means you lose too much

Comment

Pve legend set with crit bulid = bad mfcker ; D like up say, if you have high crit rate, and you make crit 70% time... WD can kiss your *** . Crit bulid - more gold and daru, faster killing & soo much fun ^^ specjal after last archer nerf... Now archers suks on wb, yeah time for start with mage acc...

_________

Crit Mage 80v
                    ~135k Br

_________

Comment

ok so let me ask a question, if I have say 1000 crit in gems and astrals, then I have the astral that adds 30% (say I bumped it up that much) does it mean I now have 3000 in crit? I'm thinking of changing to a crit mage myself so want to figure it out properly. Also in addition is it worth having the floating dmg astral with this setup?

Comment

Originally posted by xeonrf View Post
                        ok so let me ask a question, if I have say 1000 crit in gems and astrals, then I have the astral that adds 30% (say I bumped it up that much) does it mean I now have 3000 in crit? I'm thinking of changing to a crit mage myself so want to figure it out properly. Also in addition is it worth having the floating dmg astral with this setup?
                        Determination adds to Critical Damage, not Critical Rate. So if you have +30% from Determination then your Criticals do around +80% damage since base Critical is around +50% damage.

Comment

Thank you, and the suggestion is at least 4k crit, I can do that..

Comment

Working...
                          X