arenas

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• arenas

ive been a loyal fan and somewhat of a big spender. but am soon to move my money and myself on. r2 keeps coming out with new ways to spend our money...but how about u fix something that gets worse and worse with each update it seems. how can...like someone myself at lv 62 @ 50k br be matched up with some of the top 1-20 battleratings in cross server rankings??? over and over and over. a simple program...as soon as u have 3 in your party calculates the average of the 3 br's...that number is 'posted' for that room. and match that average br with another room within 5 to 10k of that average br number. very simple. i know my voice means nothing...but ill be soon moving on if u cant address a small issue(in my mind a large one) before coming up with your next big moneymaking idea.

"as soon as u have 3 in your party calculates the average of the 3 br's...that number is 'posted' for that room. and match that average br with another room within 5 to 10k of that average br number. very simple."

Not that simple, imagine that you make an Arena group with two lvl 25 friends, 5k BR each, thats 60k BR right?. your "program" will look for a party with 60k BR, thats 3 40lvl
    people. They can easily kill your friends, but they have no chance against you. You have 2 astrals, HS, lvl 55 gear ignoring their little def, a lot of more DEF and ATK. You will win all battles, and then the lvl 40 people you killed would cry in the forums.

Comment

Originally posted by djordaek View Post
      "as soon as u have 3 in your party calculates the average of the 3 br's...that number is 'posted' for that room. and match that average br with another room within 5 to 10k of that average br number. very simple."

Not that simple, imagine that you make an Arena group with two lvl 25 friends, 5k BR each, thats 60k BR right?. your "program" will look for a party with 60k BR, thats 3 40lvl
      people. They can easily kill your friends, but they have no chance against you. You have 2 astrals, HS, lvl 55 gear ignoring their little def, a lot of more DEF and ATK. You will win all battles, and then the lvl 40 people you killed would cry in the forums.
      50+5+5 = 70/3 = 30k Br
      So it'll match with a team of 35k Br..
      I personally think however that the matching should be according to levels... as slow levelers should be rewarded(u have more BR than someone of your level then you should be rewarded right )

Comment

Originally posted by kattuktk View Post
        50+5+5 = 70/3 = 30k Br
        So it'll match with a team of 35k Br..
        I personally think however that the matching should be according to levels... as slow levelers should be rewarded(u have more BR than someone of your level then you should be rewarded right )
        The sheer number of mathematical mistakes hurt my head. 50+5+5 = 60 not 70. 70/3=23.333333(I could keep going but I won't). the actual number from the first part 60/3=20.
        Now that we have concluded the 3rd grade math lesson level IS the only really logical way to do match ups unless you put a limit on the BR difference of team members.
        Patryn
        Twisted
        S130 Dragonmar

"If you can't take brutal honesty then you are speaking to the wrong person"
        "Touring S130....one guild at a time"

Comment

Originally posted by FarrelBrown View Post
          The sheer number of mathematical mistakes hurt my head. 50+5+5 = 60 not 70. 70/3=23.333333(I could keep going but I won't). the actual number from the first part 60/3=20.
          Now that we have concluded the 3rd grade math lesson level IS the only really logical way to do match ups unless you put a limit on the BR difference of team members.
          Oh hehe yeah made a lot of mistakes... must have been kinda drunk lol..... btw limiting the BR difference would just be saying "**** you" to the slow levelers.... the sheer lack of logic has hurt my brain a lot!!

Comment

Originally posted by kattuktk View Post
            Oh hehe yeah made a lot of mistakes... must have been kinda drunk lol..... btw limiting the BR difference would just be saying "**** you" to the slow levelers.... the sheer lack of logic has hurt my brain a lot!!
            How exactly does limiting BR difference of Team members and basing match ups off of that BR not make sense or say "**** you" to anybody? Take 3 people regardless of level who are within 5k BR of each other and make them a team. That team is matched up against other teams whose average BR is within 5 k of theirs.

Example: level 59 ~ 55k BR, level 69 ~ 60k BR, level 65 ~57k BR
            10 levels worth of difference but avg BR is 55+60+57=172/3=57.333
            So this team would be matched against other teams with between 52-62k BR average
            This would make for some easier fights, some moderately difficult fights and some Very difficult fights
            The major problem is that match making would take a LOT longer which is why it is done using levels. Nobody wants to wait 3 minutes for match making to find somebody.
            Patryn
            Twisted
            S130 Dragonmar

"If you can't take brutal honesty then you are speaking to the wrong person"
            "Touring S130....one guild at a time"

Comment

I think since the patch arena now has the same bracket system as BG, I have noticed my level 68 knight pulls lvl 70s more often now, and my lvl 59 mage is finding more level 60s

If my theory is correct at level 62 you will be seeing anything from lvl 55-69

Of course all that flies out of the window if the system can't find anyone, then you jus get pot-luck ^^
              Blizzarea
              S147
              Epic

~ Atoll is Purgatory for Wartuners ~

Comment

^Same my 69 and got kessar few times and he`s lvl 78 .

Comment

Originally posted by PunkPetal View Post
                  I think since the patch arena now has the same bracket system as BG,
                  I have to agree with this, getting a much wider range of levels seen in opponents since the patch. To boot the fights are on average lopsided, one side gets simply slaughtered more often than not. Close fights are rarer and rarer.

Comment

Working...
                  X