X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Class War - West Time Zone - Knights analysis

So result is out for c/w 1.

1. Crusader - No surprise.
    2. Lady Fabulous - Expected Paladinrey to earn this 1.
    3. Viktoria - was a surprise too, expected steel lord.

Here is the B/R ranking on the day of c/w. Normally rey is 70k+ br, on that day he is 90k br.

Summary.

The top 10 is a battle of blocks and pdef. If your block is above 4k like Viktoria, chances are good that you may spring a surprise. If your pdef is 25k and above like crusader,(buffed), please ignore any analysis, you can just face roll past any opponents, unless they have the same pdef as you ( pretty unlikely).

In short to get into top 10 you have to have these criteria

1) 80k+ hp
    2) 4k to 4.5k block
    3) 19k-20k pdef
    4) Goddess astral at level 8 - check crusader
    5) Deflection astral at a high level
    6) PVE set
    7) Super high level troops ( and the troops are in front of the knight) - those ** about knight in front of troops will suffer double delphic from fellow knights.

For top 3 on top of the above criteria you need to have the following

1) 25k pdef
    2) 90k+ to 100k+ hp buffed

Click image for larger version

Name:	paladinrey at 90k br.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	46.1 KB
ID:	1737026

Actually I am pretty sad that S1 which used to boast the baddest strongest knight is not even in the top 3.

Betting was pretty a big miss we had

1) crusader 2) rey 3) steel lord or
    1) crusader 2) steel 3) fab or
    so viktoria came out and threw the bets off.

Congratulations to viktoria !
    I wonder what happened to steel. Did he meet rey, ladyfab and crusader? I remember he has 7 wins while fab n viktoria has 8 wins.
    Last edited by R21577189; 06-23-2013, 08:20 AM.
    Five Sylphs for the Heros in wartune,
    Two for the Whales in their deep blue ocean,
    Three for Mortal Men doomed to die,
    One for the Big Whales on their dark throne
    In the Land of Wartune where the heroes lie.
    One sylph to crush them all, One sylph to kill mobs,
    One sylph to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
    In the Land of Wartune where the Moby duck lie."

Originally posted by R21577189 View Post
    Actually I am pretty sad that S1 which used to boast the baddest strongest knight is not even in the top 3.
    That's because the 'baddest strongest knight' of S1, who used to be way ahead of other knights in the server, quit many weeks ago. Her account, if you believe the hearsay, has been sold and is now in the hands of people who have no idea how to run it hence the weak display.
    [S1] Temple of Ibalize
    Frostie
    Mage
    VictisHNR

Comment

Who was the top knight of S1?
      Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
      [No longer logging in]

Comment

It was a good matchup!

I met w/ Crusader early, ofc lose, Steellord beat me (he has higher hp) time out, and Ladyfab beat me( she had nice timing, and for reason her reflect proc more), I did managed beat Viktoria.

Br alone doesn't guarantee you win (except Crusader who has 12k+ br above everyone else), but good timing/higher troops and luck on block and deflect will. I noticed reflect seems to work more on CW.

Congrats on the top 3, until next CW!

-Paladinrey

Comment

While I am neither on those servers nor a knight, I'd like to add that with fine tuning your defenses you can achieve more.

For example, top knight here, named R4GE (rank 1-2 by BR in all classes), has 24711 PATK and 21849 PDEF with 2726 Block and 86278 HP, lightly buffed or unbuffed.
          He has a Goddess Blessing of 8 and a Will Destroyer 10.

The 2nd one was Scylia (rank 30 by BR in all classes). She's got 21229 PATK, 17955 PDEF, 3956 Block and 67536 HP. Her astrals are significantly weaker too (lvls 7 and 7). That character is not only weaker than the 1st place but also than some other spots.

The most obvious proof that skill is a part of the game too and that preparing for the fight had some effect is probably Redoga - the winner of the Mage Class Wars on European servers. He's usually far from the best mage in BR (and the best isn't even in the top 3!).

What I'm trying to say here is that what you mentioned are absolute stats needed to reach some rank. And yes, with those stats you're very likely to rule anything. However, I'd say that the real values are modified to your opponents values. Especially if you're not the strongest player.

An example!

If you're aiming for the 10th spot, check out how strong the person in the 10th spot is. Check out a few people, just in case he has an odd build (and do an average). Add about 7-10% to all of his relevant stats and calculate how much raw power do you need to beat him. If the person has 20k ATK and 20k DEF (when you calculated his stats with buffs, for simplicity's sake), you know that the minimum damage dealt is at 10% of the base damage and you know that the damage formula is more or less (unmodified by skills/astrals/talents) (ATK-DEF)/2. In this case the minimum ATK that's going to pass through is about 2k, which makes it easier to buff up your defenses. Calculate how much you've got after buffing up and convert gems to something else if you've got too much (18k DEF and 100M DEF at this point are the same thing - 2k ATK will pass either way). Of course, getting extra block for knights and mages, crit and guardian angel for archers works nicely.

Another thing is that the matching allows a bit of luck in some places. For the first place you'll very likely have to fight everyone, so no luck there, but to get into the finale, you can still just be lucky (some people who are below 50k entered).

A note: I'm just helping with the analysis, not trying to counter your reasoning in any way. I'd like comments on whether this is makes any sense to you. Thanks.

Comment

BTW the war wasn't over until the server announce the result, i know i going to be in the top 3 cause i only lost to Crusader twice today.
            In fact he is the only one that beaten me in the total of 25 rounds.

Next month will not going to be easy for the knight class.
            Seem like real female can master knight class better then most of the man in real life.
            Garter, Viktoria, PaladinRey, LadyFab and Shino are all the mean female fighting machine.
            Serenity
            SteelLord
            Singapore

Comment

congrats to them

Comment

Originally posted by NARTH View Post
                BTW the war wasn't over until the server announce the result, i know i going to be in the top 3 cause i only lost to Crusader twice today.
                In fact he is the only one that beaten me in the total of 25 rounds.

Next month will not going to be easy for the knight class.
                Seem like real female can master knight class better then most of the man in real life.
                Garter, Viktoria, PaladinRey, LadyFab and Shino are all the mean female fighting machine.
                mushi and syrian are good too, they were staying at top 5 initially.

Well as for gartergal, there's some rumour,...
                Five Sylphs for the Heros in wartune,
                Two for the Whales in their deep blue ocean,
                Three for Mortal Men doomed to die,
                One for the Big Whales on their dark throne
                In the Land of Wartune where the heroes lie.
                One sylph to crush them all, One sylph to kill mobs,
                One sylph to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
                In the Land of Wartune where the Moby duck lie."

Comment

LOL who the hell wrote this "guide"? I don't have GB astral lvl 8, high lvl deflect astral, 80k+ HP's, or have high level troops. I finished 5th. Lost total of 5 fights thru the entire prelims/ finals. 3 to Crusader, 1 to Steel (which if I recall was kinda close) and 1 to Whoknows (still can't figure out how the ** I lost hahaha) I did beat Syrian (3 or 4 times) Mushishi (a few times as well) Skenderbeau and Ladyfab. I'm confused how the rankings even work tbh. Seems the best chance u have to make top 3, is NOT get matched with Crusader LOL! No taking away from the ones who placed, congrats.
                  Last edited by Roadsidebomb; 06-24-2013, 07:53 PM.

Comment

I explained some of those things in my wall of text above (but nobody likes long posts).

In short, well adjusted stats can have the same effect as the stats of someone even 10-20k BR stronger who didn't adjust his stats to his opponents.

And as for the rankings and the matchups, it's similar to the preliminaries (just less people so some had a rough random).
                    I would like to point out the idea behind this kind of matchup:

Everyone from the level range can go to the finals. It is just that the higher you are the more likely it is. The finalists' BR graph would be an exponential function:

Click image for larger version

Name:	log003.gif
Views:	1
Size:	2.1 KB
ID:	1670854
                    Ignore the numbers and the fact that it starts from below 0. The only thing important is the shape of the graph.

Where BR is on the X axis and the number of finalists on Y. There is a mage with 38k BR who passed into the finals (EU). There are archers and knights with 48-50k BR. Those people are ridiculously low compared to others and there are a hundred other players stronger than them who didn't pass. What am I trying to say with this? That everyone has a chance if they are well prepared - no matter how low (well, almost - people who just hit 50 who aren't slow levelers would have a better chance of winning the lottery).

To illustrate it for those who like numbers, if your chance to enter the finals is 0.001% with your current BR, with adjusting your stats or getting more BR you can raise this chance, possibly to about 0.1%. Looks like that isn't good enough for most, as you'd like to have at least a 50% chance to pass, but with a few adjustments you just increased your chances 100x! Now imagine if you started with a better chance and a better BR. Still - as you can see on the graph, initially increasing your power doesn't give you a lot, but if you're already strong, you need to move just a bit to the right (gain a bit of power) and you can raise your ranking by a lot!

Forgot to add, this also means that even with insane BR you still have a chance to fail. But generally speaking, more BR = better chance of entering.

Note: I might be using "BR" a lot here. What I mostly mean is real power. There are archers with 4k MATK and those with 1.5k, % astrals don't add to your BR but they are essential, MDEF is useless in archer/knight fights and PDEF in mage.

Comment

Working...
                    X