voucher spending idea

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• voucher spending idea

Sense every one gets well boatloads of them how about some more ways to spend them? Maybe small hp potions lvl 1 gems things of these nature. Skele keys maybe as well as they are not hard to get any how. Basically have non rare items avail for purchase by vouchers. I do not think higher lvl items should be purchasable with vouchers and should be left as is. Just some of the easy to get items that are needed in large numbers. No one past lvl 10 or 15 use lvl one gems for any thing but synthing to higher lvl gems and loads are needed and well it can be annoying when you need 5 or 6 lvl one gems to finish a lvl 4 or 5 lol

vouchers for skeleton keys? i like it

Comment

Originally posted by S44-ZEREF View Post
      i like it too and we can do more legend stones at summon

Comment

Originally posted by S44-ZEREF View Post
        Well they should be expensive though make it pinch to buy them and a hard limit eg no more than 5 a day or something along those lines. Think about this for a minute the cash shop is wartunes main income stream vip is cheap as heck no way it even begins to cover costs. So if they did allow vouchers for keys they should be expensive in vouchers and limited in voucher buy-able numbers. This way the main method of getting them other than drops of which i get 3 a day normally not including the one from daily spins etc. Simple really blitz 60 stam blitz with keys and gold youll get a net gain of 1 to 2 keys per blitz how ever go higher than 60 youll get a crypt key instead and go down 1 skele key possibly 2. Try it youll see what i mean. You should end up net gain per day of 2 crypt keys per 3 days and 2 skele keys a day on average. Ive had as many as 90 keys horded at one time from it over a period of well under a week.
        Some times you just get stupid lucky and get 5 keys a day 2x a week gain.

But every one needs to remember wartunes devs etc have to be careful what they sell cheap or for voucher they have to cover costs (including paying their salaries) Some times we all forget this fact.

The general thought behind this post coming from a game developer stand point is a voucher sink more than any thing else. I can not help but think along these lines as i am a game developer so i know gold syncs etc are needed in game. I played one with out many years ago and my guild had 500 billion in gold by time the game ailed and that was 100% legit between 50+ members of the guild. We did silly things with the gold like hide and seek for prizes of 500 million gold etc heh. At this moment with 2x world battles with 200 vouchers being spent my voucher count is going up by about 300 per day with out any effort.

So something like 10 to 50 voucher lvl 1 gems and 500+ voucher skele keys with a 5 key max purchase a day or something along those lines would be just about right as a sync i think. 5 key max would still make it much more efficient to buy keys with balens i THINK and give us all those few extra gems or keys that we need. If i recall it takes 5 keys to spawn the char clones for legendary stones. So youd really be buying a few stones for high voucher cost. The voucher prize should pinch allot as it would mean youd have to throw away many 100k in gold from wb that you need to make your legendary gear enchant etc. Id say it should cost you about 500 to 1 million gold for a lvl 55 to 60 player to get the keys for vaoucher. In other words a few boss fights with out vouchers. Imagine the pain lol

Comment

Originally posted by AndreyTz View Post
          i like it too and we can do more legend stones at summon
          Yep thats the point see above post though. Voucher cost should be sick high per key with a low key max daily purchase.

Comment

i like it and i want it too, but i don't think they will make it for 2 reasons:
            1) voucher -> locked balens in 2.0 patch.
            2) R2 being greedy.
            Originally posted by Wraithraiser
            Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

Think about this for a minute the cash shop is wartunes main income stream vip is cheap as heck no way it even begins to cover costs.
              Lol I'm sure vip alone easily covers the costs of running the servers.
              Rivx - 66 Mage (78k BR) / 38 Archer (21k BR) @ Kabam S32 |
              Games: Dota 2, SC II, Dark Souls, Skyrim, WoW, D3, PoE

Comment

locked balens are better than voucher what you talking about. Sure you get much less of that but you are able to do so much more with locked balens. Just save up the locked balens you get in the 2.0 patch. Its like real life money. You don't spend all your saving or checking acct everyday right? With locked balens you have to be more conservative about your purchases and in the end it ends up being better. You are able to actually buy 90% of the stuff in the shop with those. Not just buying morph cards in shop as it is now. They won't fix this and change it so you can buy everything with vouchers. They reduce the voucher gain already in some places in the game which hints locked balens in 2.0. So might as well save those vouchers now and save those locked balens and buy the stuff you really want when you have enough saved up.

Comment

Originally posted by d07.RiV View Post
                  Lol I'm sure vip alone easily covers the costs of running the servers.
                  Rofl not even close. I can estimate what they spend each month just on what i know to be true. Entry level admin job (server baby sitter) 15 or higher usd per hour works late shift 8 hours 40 hours weekly 1 other working weekends only while in school 10 a hour 8 hours 16 hours a week 1500 per server per month isp minimal likely way more possible 3k monthly.
                  Total just for that per server $4,540 monthly for 1 server now x 50 $227,000 now sure granted the admins are not likely to be 50 how ever also remember i said that its likely much more for isp possibly 3k or more a month. Now also figure in their paid admin staff for daylight hours who are working probably 50 hours weekly at 30+ a hour then the fact they must also bank minimal 1/3 encase of emergency eg fire wipes out a server room or server hardware just dies and that does happen. My guess is last month with as many servers as they had they had 2 or 3 power supplies fail and were running on the redundant psu until they could swap the dead one out. This is probably a monthly deal each psu a couple 100 bucks. so yeh vip covering it easily that would be great for them but i highly doubt this is the case. Now if they had the same player base and all had to pay 7.99 a month then yeh it would just about cover it.

Comment

Originally posted by 0xykotton View Post
                    locked balens are better than voucher what you talking about. Sure you get much less of that but you are able to do so much more with locked balens. Just save up the locked balens you get in the 2.0 patch. Its like real life money. You don't spend all your saving or checking acct everyday right? With locked balens you have to be more conservative about your purchases and in the end it ends up being better. You are able to actually buy 90% of the stuff in the shop with those. Not just buying morph cards in shop as it is now. They won't fix this and change it so you can buy everything with vouchers. They reduce the voucher gain already in some places in the game which hints locked balens in 2.0. So might as well save those vouchers now and save those locked balens and buy the stuff you really want when you have enough saved up.
                    Well if they are getting rid of vouchers for these "locked balens" then scratch the idea i suppose. I used quotes only because im not 100% sure what you mean.

Comment

If you think it costs 3k USD to run a single server you have no idea what you are talking about

Comment

Originally posted by Arlad View Post
                        i like it and i want it too, but i don't think they will make it for 2 reasons:
                        1) voucher -> locked balens in 2.0 patch.
                        2) R2 being greedy.
                        /me smashes arlads pet bug....

Seriously unless you know the costs of running the servers quit calling r2 greedy you don't know the costs involved in this sort of venture like i do. My bet is if you seen their net income a year you would say that's all they make?

Why do you think so mamny game companies went crazy for the cash shop when the landscape changed. It was almost over night from subscription to cash shop based payments. Reason is simple they trippled their income. but triple of a little bit is still a little bit.

Comment

Originally posted by StickyGreen View Post
                          If you think it costs 3k USD to run a single server you have no idea what you are talking about
                          More than that infact
                          My guess is youve never ran more than a fps server on a home computer that is just barely capable of running it. Try running a server with up to 500 or 1k simo connections that are all constantly sending and receiving data.

Comment

this game uses so little data thats its surely not 3k

Comment

Originally posted by xnovaflarex View Post
                              More than that infact
                              My guess is youve never ran more than a fps server on a home computer that is just barely capable of running it. Try running a server with up to 500 or 1k simo connections that are all constantly sending and receiving data.
                              i think they get enough money to hold servers

Comment

Working...
                              X