Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Opinion on Knight class vs other classes.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DragoNzor
    started a topic Opinion on Knight class vs other classes.

Opinion on Knight class vs other classes.

Before you go "QQ more" or "Do you want a one shot skill too?" or "You suck" I'm just giving my view on the subject, feel free to give advice to my problem.

Anyway this is how I view the other two classes Archer and Mage.

Archer - High crit, high physical damage, sometimes can attack twice to a knight's one ability in arenas...
    They also can obtain same amount of health and defense as Knight's while packing harder hits cause of their high crit rate.

Mage - High damage due to magical damage being reduced on every single item you can get... High damage AoE ontop of that.
    They also can obtain high amounts of health and defense and obliterate people with magic power.

Yes you can stack magical defense, you can stack physical. It's hard to get to a balance where one class won't just wipe you out.
    However... my complaint is that both classes have a high chance of blowing a Knight's face in.

Don't get me wrong I have a 13,458 battle score and I'm in the top 10 ranks on the PvP battle roster, and the number 1 on it is a Knight as well. He's in my guild and has admitted spending HUNDREDS of dollars to get to that strong though.

My problem is rangers with 10,000 gear scores can pummel my face in, Mages can obliterate me cause I can't have health and defense and magic defense and damage at all high levels unless I do what my other Knight friend does.

The top PvP ranks are all held by Archers and Mages mostly and normally you can tell when one class has a slight disadvantage when there's 2 for every 30 mages and archers in the rank list.

Anyway, any suggestions on what I could possibly do maybe? I don't know. I'm just getting annoyed and had to vent here.

Side Notes: Yes I know Knight's get a shield, it gets eaten through fast and you'd think it'd give them the time they need to step up their game... it only helps sometimes. Anyway.. Knight is supposed to be a tank, yet I feel like everyone's a damn tank and I'm just a side jockey people stick in front while they do better damage output than me.

• DragoNzor
    replied
    So in the world of balance, Knight's sucking until end game is balance?

Leave a comment:

• kLoWn
    replied
    isn't it too early to complain, when the knights damage reduction skills can only be obtain at higher lvl, in my experience playing cs, those skill can be a bit OP like titan's guard of cs knight, can't damage much the knights when the skill is active..

Leave a comment:

• Mrbingo
    replied
    Originally posted by bambuucha View Post
    knights suggestions

- adjust Reverse Damage skill - change it from flat damage to % based, so it scales better, because at some point it becomes totally useless
    - make block heal more than 4% hp
    - give them some decent aoe, the one they have is a joke
    i agree with the reverse damage, sooner or later it becomes useless they should change it to %

Leave a comment:

• DragoNzor
    replied
    See, he's winning cause he spent more money than others, that's how the Knight in my guild did it too, BUT CRAPPIER GEAR CAN BEAT KNIGHTS ON EITHER CHARACTER. With Archer's twice strike for some stupid reason, extremely high crit, and ability to tank out the *** they can mow things down. Mages with the same abilities but with MAGIC DAMAGE which is stupidly reduced on armor just have Knight's health and defense but with damage a Knight can't block.

Leave a comment:

• Spooky_kabookie
    replied
    Originally posted by Daigon View Post
    This game is all gear based any class can be a beast if they refine their gear right and of course spend cash. On my server the #1 character is a knight with 19k battle rating 7k patk and 18k hp.
    If your on Ibalize then yeah the # 1 char spent the 100$ on gear pack wait till the rest of the ppl that dont have hundreds of dollars to throw around catch up.An i only mean get in to the sets of gear that take 50 cryst to make per/pc

Leave a comment:

• bambuucha
    replied
    knights suggestions

- make them more tanky
    - adjust Reverse Damage skill - change it from flat damage to % based, so it scales better, because at some point it becomes totally useless
    - make block heal more than 4% hp
    - give them some decent aoe, the one they have is a joke

now im not saying make knights what archers are today, but in its current state, knight is totally useless and has no place in this game at all.

Yes, you could spend $488 and make good knight, but you might as well spend that money on archer, and make it as tanky as knight, while being able to hit 2x harder.

Leave a comment:

• CarnivorousX
    replied
    One thing you haven't mentioned but I am sure you looked into.. Astrals. Astrals make a huge difference in this game and can be the cause of many Slaughter House fights. As a Knight Def Astrals and HP Astrals make a world of difference. As for Archers... I play one and when in PvE I usually go with Pdef/Crit/pAtk. But when I go to arena I switch them out. I go with lvl 5 Patck ( Overlords battalions/Purple) Mass Damage Reduction. ( Solarias Light lvl 5/orange and Blessed Soul lvl 5/Purple. ) And the Defense ones make a HUGE difference. -10% to all damage received and around -200 All damage values. This is just my build but others have a lot better ones. And I have noticed with my PvE Astrals I can barely crack top 40. But with my Defense Build I can crack top 20 every day. ( 14 being my best showing) So yes. Knights are supposed to be tanks. But with so many variables.. Gems, Gears, Enhancements, Astrals, Guild Buffs, researches, ect. Some Archers and Mages have the ability to be a lot better tanks.

Leave a comment:

• morhogg
    replied
    I do believe that knights can be very usefull in mp arena (the 20% reduction bonus in really something) but still i think they lack alittle bit of tankiness. The knights MDEF is the worst amoung all classes due to the equipment design. I would really see some passive to +MDEF. Also what i see when ppl talking about knights is the block - well knights don't have any passives for +block rate and that means every class can obtain the same block values as knights. Only difference is +4% HP after block knights have - pretty nice i would say. Well it can be too early to say that knights are underpowered because everything can change after certain lvl. Right now, under lvl40, they seem to be lacking some special magic field they are exceptionally good at imho.

Cheers

Leave a comment:

• kevin911
    replied
    knight shield ain't that good you can pop it if the archer use multiple shot or crits.. PvP wise archer is op.

Leave a comment:

• skeletalbos
    replied
    stop talking about unfair archers whe have such a terreble aiming skills if you have to kill a group you always shoot the one whit the highest hp while the rest simply murders you in arenas whe have to kill about 3 wich isent that big of a problem and the knight has some skill too that i would die to have like rebound and a big shield thats how you beat the archers the mages are the only one whit magic damage wich just kills both archer and knight but the amge has such a terreble phys defense
    knights are tanks but you all want more you already got the nicest skills
    whe archers are strong whit nice double hit skills but whe always shoot the wrong target
    mages have alot of magic attack and they can just kill groups of 6 persons
    thats how it is

Leave a comment:

• kevin911
    replied
    Originally posted by N3f3rtiti View Post
    It depends on skills too, of course if you dont have rebound and shield and went FULL dps our (yes our, i am an archer <3) tankiness is almost the same, the difference is that we have better attack skills but we dont have tank skills like warrior's heal for each block and so on. Dragonzor is right, sometime we attack twice against other classes, still didnt understand why though. Last thing, i lose to knights who are full tanky, that rebound hurts for 500 for every multishot and that shield makes me lose even more time (and health) and since they recover 10 rage each turn there's no wonder if at some point i get a Special skill in my face.
    that block only gives 4% hp.. not even high enough.

Leave a comment:

• kevin911
    replied
    im a knight too and i couldn't agree more i get roll over by rangers and i got a decent gears. and purple astrals. Patk/Pdef/Crit and i still lose.... knight needs a stun or something.

Leave a comment:

• N3f3rtiti
    replied
    It depends on skills too, of course if you dont have rebound and shield and went FULL dps our (yes our, i am an archer <3) tankiness is almost the same, the difference is that we have better attack skills but we dont have tank skills like warrior's heal for each block and so on. Dragonzor is right, sometime we attack twice against other classes, still didnt understand why though. Last thing, i lose to knights who are full tanky, that rebound hurts for 500 for every multishot and that shield makes me lose even more time (and health) and since they recover 10 rage each turn there's no wonder if at some point i get a Special skill in my face.

Leave a comment:

• LordMagus
    replied
    Originally posted by Spooky_kabookie View Post
    No i agree with them, my knight does just fine, but they are a bit unbalanced... IMO i think the mages are a bit op i've lost to mages that have 1600-2k less battle score than me... im on iblaze and im in the top 150 of ranking/server, and my stats are well balanced b4 you Give me tips on my char. I just feel like its an uphill battle some times when the mages get a 2:1 atk/hit compared to me and archers with 500-600 less Patk are criting for 4500 vs my 2800-3k. i just dunno. but the game is new so i'm sure balances are to come.
    Mages are pretty much built to kill Knights, unless you stack nothing but MDEF. They sit behind troops, so the fully melee knight can't reach them for a long time (unlike Rangers or other Mages who can AoE or hit them behind troops).

And now that I think about it, Rangers are built to kill Mages due to Mages terrible PDEF and the fact that they can snipe them while ignoring troops.

The only missing link in the

Ranger > Mage > Knight > Ranger

triangle is the fact that Rangers aren't really weak against Knights.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X