Market n Homestead

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chompman View Post
    There is very much wrong with it if you have to use balens to be able to even sell items.

A place to sell your goods or trading is a basic these types of games require and there is no reason to make it for cash buyers only as I have never seen a game do that and it will cause too many people to quit as there is no way for many players to trade or sell to friends then or get rid of unwanted items.

It can give a option to sell items for both balens and gold but requiring a fee to sell anything for balens only will not be what the community wants.

It shows a daily limit that can be something you could pay for or to get more of over time if you are a vip member that is fine.
    very true...

Comment

then you will just farm the **** out of the market gaining gems for free.

ther is a reason it cost balens, for supporters of the game get access to it. anyway some players have already spent a lot even without the market, with a market it just makes it cheaper/easier to get hold of things you want if you contribute something to the game.

Comment

What exactly will people farm the market for?

I have never seen a auction house cost real money only for players to use it as that's like asking players to pay real money to be able to log in more then once a day or such.

If you mean selling items for balens then that happens in other games and generally this is a good thing as people will buy more balens to be able to purchase more gear ( as balens are much more valuable then gold ) and people that do not buy them will be able to store up some to help compete with others a bit.

This also creates another gold sink that is needed as the auction house would use both currencies.

If there is a lower limit for free players of the items you can buy / sell daily that helps but restricting it to less then 5% of the players in not what anyone wants.
        Last edited by Chompman; 08-30-2012, 06:39 PM.

Comment

What exactly will people farm the market for?

I have never seen a auction house cost real money only for players to use it as that's like asking players to pay real money to be able to log in more then once a day or such.

If you mean selling items for balens then that happens in other games and generally this is a good thing as people will buy more balens to be able to purchase more gear ( as balens are much more valuable then gold ) and people that do not buy them will be able to store up some to help compete with others a bit.

This also creates another gold sink that is needed as the auction house would use both currencies.

If there is a lower limit for free players of the items you can buy / sell daily that helps but restricting it to less then 5% of the players in not what anyone wants.
          yet again very true...

Comment

What's with all the weird names of R followed by numbers?

Comment

facebook accounts

Comment

Ahhh, the connect feature must be odd then if it doesn't use the persons name like I see it usually do.

Comment

About homestead.

The selling point for me getting VIP was ability to decorate my castle better.

Make a wild guess how disappointed I am to hear the castle is " coming soon".

Comment

Market...Basic Example.

Pay 1000 Gold.. Put up Epic (Unbound) weapon lv 30 for sale for 10 Balens.

Play2Pay player buys and Pays 10 Balens.

Game takes 20% Tax aka 2
                    Seller Gets 80% aka 8

That is how it will work.. and it IS a way for Free2Play (and of course p2p) players to make Balens.
                    It wont cost real money to MAKE the Auction.. But trades will be in Balens. (it will cost a gold fee, to avoid people spamming 123412 useless white items and thus filling the market with useless stuff noone will ever buy)

Its an awesome system, and in a game made right focus on Player-Trades, it would be all that was ever neded for the company to make money.
                    Problem here Might be (i said might only level 30 so dunno about high level drops and such yet) that there is not enough interesting things to Sell, or that the player base is to small to support a massive market (problem being to the f2p who wont make much balens from it...the Game itself and the p2p could care less if its kinda useless)
                    Last edited by Fayeed; 09-04-2012, 02:44 AM.

Comment

Lol, people are so stupid and ignorant. It is very easy to farm whatever the hell you want. You want to know how? Make another new account on the same server. Hell Wartune lets you log in on both of them in the same browser, in fact why dont you create 10 accounts and run them through dungeons and collect every material you want. Make yourself a brand new 40 PVE gear without even buying them, because you know what? Cities get gold whether you play or not. What does this mean? While I play my main, my other 10 accounts are hitting gold MAX and can buy all the things that my main needs and I'll just sell it back at a super cheap listing fee at the exact time my main is going to snatch it. Oh Yeah, I forgot how "EASY" gold is to obtain. Put down gold seeds and that's easily 20k an hour just from L1. Balens is the "ONLY" thing that can't be farmed/grown which makes it the "RARE" resource. Take an economics class next time. If you can buy items with gold in Auction house, you might as well start selling your items to "YOUR MULES" for lets say 300k each item. Now your main has 10 * 300k which is 3,000,000. Need I say more? Wartune is not "THAT DUMB".

Comment

Originally posted by AlexTr View Post
                        Lol, people are so stupid and ignorant. It is very easy to farm whatever the hell you want. You want to know how? Make another new account on the same server. Hell Wartune lets you log in on both of them in the same browser, in fact why dont you create 10 accounts and run them through dungeons and collect every material you want. Make yourself a brand new 40 PVE gear without even buying them, because you know what? Cities get gold whether you play or not. What does this mean? While I play my main, my other 10 accounts are hitting gold MAX and can buy all the things that my main needs and I'll just sell it back at a super cheap listing fee at the exact time my main is going to snatch it. Oh Yeah, I forgot how "EASY" gold is to obtain. Put down gold seeds and that's easily 20k an hour just from L1. Balens is the "ONLY" thing that can't be farmed/grown which makes it the "RARE" resource. Take an economics class next time. If you can buy items with gold in Auction house, you might as well start selling your items to "YOUR MULES" for lets say 300k each item. Now your main has 10 * 300k which is 3,000,000. Need I say more? Wartune is not "THAT DUMB".
                        You know, if r2 gave a ****, they could stop multi abuse. You're just trying to justify a stupid Cash only system.

And a 20% auction fee? Are you kidding? No thanks.

Comment

ur city makes gold but if pple attacks ur city, u lose those amount and its deducted, so lets just say sum1 goin to farm ur city that every 2 hr, u aint goin make nothing out of it anyway

Comment

Originally posted by AlexTr View Post
                            First off I have never seen a AH that requires money only in any kind of game, I have been playing mmorpg's since the original EQ was somewhat new with no expansions and only out for a few months, so that's not a excuse and this will drive away the players if no functional AH or trade system is added to the game.

As for the items a lot of them are bound thus that prevents a large amount of abuse and you are not going to be able to make 10 accounts to support your main when it takes a very long time to level them to even get the level 20 or 30 raw materials and trading between accounts like this is always against the rules in games thus they can ban people that abuse this as support is part of running a game or better yet let a player have three character slots on one account but only use one account and making more generally is a bannable offense.

How would you sell items for cheap if it's a auction house where anyone can bid on them and generally they have a duration until the item sells as many games removes the buyout to prevent that?

Also there are ways to restrict who can use the auction house, a minimal level usually, thus it prevents many low level accounts from abusing it and if you spend many hours to get it high enough level they can catch it that much easier and thus you loose a lot more of your time that way.

Comment

First off I have never seen a AH that requires money only in any kind of game, I have been playing mmorpg's since the original EQ was somewhat new with no expansions and only out for a few months, so that's not a excuse and this will drive away the players if no functional AH or trade system is added to the game.

As for the items a lot of them are bound thus that prevents a large amount of abuse and you are not going to be able to make 10 accounts to support your main when it takes a very long time to level them to even get the level 20 or 30 raw materials and trading between accounts like this is always against the rules in games thus they can ban people that abuse this as support is part of running a game or better yet let a player have three character slots on one account but only use one account and making more generally is a bannable offense.

How would you sell items for cheap if it's a auction house where anyone can bid on them and generally they have a duration until the item sells as many games removes the buyout to prevent that?

Also there are ways to restrict who can use the auction house, a minimal level usually, thus it prevents many low level accounts from abusing it and if you spend many hours to get it high enough level they can catch it that much easier and thus you loose a lot more of your time that way.
                              Galaxy Online II used cash Auction house with option to use in game gold. The only problem was multis selling and farming gold that way. Items were all charged a auction listing price up front, so you be damned if you didn't sell.

From what i read, this system is the reverse. The way the auction works in this game, or going to is like this

Person A: Places item up for a Min of 20, Buyout of say... 100
                              Person A: Does not have to pay any upfront market fee
                              Person B: Clicks Buyout, or bids.
                              Person ???: Wins bid
                              Person A: Gets all the winnings MINUS 20% to the house

If you have no balens, you can make balens. This is considered nice, unlike GOII you have to have "balens" first to even be able to sell and make more "balens" in GOII

You be suprised how advanced Bot programs are these days, there are a ton of bot programs for GOII. I'm not surprised if someone invented one for this game already... or even the chinese counterpart.

Oh yeah, back to GOII. The market prices in that game is so terriable. Stuff that goes for "balens" in that game can go for "in game currency" at maybe... 1 million : 1 balen. Gets to the point where you are selling items to bots, balen users, gold buyers, etc...
                              Last edited by ciroth; 09-04-2012, 05:11 AM.

Comment

Thus that's where the game support comes into play.

If they abandon the game and let bots run free that's generally where the game goes to die.

But gold here has uses for gold sinks, astros and guild donation, so it does have decent value and with a auction that uses gold also it can be used even more.

Otherwise there is no reason to have gear unbound when 95% of the players cannot do anything with them other then to recycle them.

Comment

Working...
                                X