No announcement yet.

R.I.P. Gold (Amethyst - there is a difference you know?) Mines

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"always the little fish beg for MP help, but they'd still want the big fish to get nothing?"

Yeah, because, you know, that's always the case, for all lower level players.

This event creates problems as it is by lumping together level 40 people with level 80 people. Every sane person must find this ridiculous and the only reason anyone would defend it is if he is himself on the top of the food chain so he sees no problem with the blatant bullying and mismatches.

I have a strong feeling that if you were on the other end of the stick you'd be crying like a baby.
    [US West S6 Duskin Arena] [Moloch] [Level 70] [Battle Rating 105k] [Lord Divine] [Critical Mage] [Guild: United Soul]
    [60 Armor] [70 jewels] [60 rings]

Miracles Do Happen

Comment

Originally posted by Billy_McF View Post
      The problem is the high BR players I am talking about DO NOT help others, they run in their own team for MP, arena, tok, spire etc.

Also I was never talking about attacking people in gold rush, it is to be expected that the strong prey on the weak. I was illustrating how to stop "bullies" who's only intention is to hinder other players advancement while increasing their own.

Attacking is fine, but camping and hitting everyone that passes for a full 20-25mins is a total different animal.
      Weird then, cos the high BR players my server who never help gt left to cart in peace, and lil me who only attack once per cart per player, got hounded and had only ard 130 in my cart, and I run multiple maps per day, anything from Graveyard to Sam NM

It has made me reassess my helping though, so nice to have more free time

Also worst offenders were either known alts, or ppl who have alts so they filling their carts by cheating at different times -_-

Nice move R2, cheaters thrive again

Edit: A nice fix would be to award a base 5 xstal if u win regardless of wut other person has, so if u are being hounded it not totally futile, either that or prevent people with no xstal from attacking

Otherwise it jus end up everyone attacking with no cart and only people who cheat getting decent xstal...
      Last edited by PunkPetal; 12-12-2013, 12:42 PM.
      Blizzarea
      S147
      Epic

~ Atoll is Purgatory for Wartuners ~

Comment

Originally posted by 0xykotton View Post
        It doesn't matter what brackets they put in. Look at BG where there are multiple brackets and people still cry about being attacked. People cry about being attack because they don't like losing to hard cashers. No matter what bracket or level or BR it is.
        Yes and the difference is that these people don't have half a leg to stand on while this system as implemented now is a big joke.

Why do you think they added brackets to Battlegrounds in the first place? How fun do you think it is for a level 42 newbie to repeatedly get one-shotted by a level 74 archer? How much incitement do you think this adds for him to continue to play?
        [US West S6 Duskin Arena] [Moloch] [Level 70] [Battle Rating 105k] [Lord Divine] [Critical Mage] [Guild: United Soul]

Miracles Do Happen

Comment

Originally posted by MolochMage View Post
          "always the little fish beg for MP help, but they'd still want the big fish to get nothing?"

This event creates problems as it is by lumping together level 40 people with level 80 people. Every sane person must find this ridiculous and the only reason anyone would defend it is if he is himself on the top of the food chain so he sees no problem with the blatant bullying and mismatches.

I have a strong feeling that if you were on the other end of the stick you'd be crying like a baby.
          Again brackets have nothing to do with this. It doesn't matter if they made brackets like this or brackets like the BG brackets right now. People will cry no matter what. If it isn't by high lvls attacking low lvls. They will cry about hard cash BRs matching up with non cashers. The matching system is pretty dumb in all types of pvp events in this game. However, there isn't much they can do it fix it. Pvp is pvp and it's very hard to balance it to perfection. So we must learn to deal with how it is and just play the game.

Comment

Yes and the difference is that these people don't have half a leg to stand on while this system as implemented now is a big joke.

Why do you think they added brackets to Battlegrounds in the first place? How fun do you think it is for a level 42 newbie to repeatedly get one-shotted by a level 74 archer? How much incitement do you think this adds for him to continue to play?
            People still cry in BG and think the matching system is wrong there too. No one will ever be happy about how the pvp system is in this game. That's why you need to learn to deal.

Comment

I have a toon s1, I am at the other end of the stick there, and weirdly I din cry like a baby cos I lower my expectations to match my ranking...
              Blizzarea
              S147
              Epic

Comment

The difference is that in Battlegrounds and Team Arena the newbie player has a chance. By building his character with skill and staying active he can be competitive within a week.

A level 40 player on Server 6 in Amethyst Mines has no chance whatsoever.

This system is a slap on the face to kids newly recruited to the game and it puts people off.

Miracles Do Happen

Comment

Originally posted by PunkPetal View Post
                  I have a toon s1, I am at the other end of the stick there, and weirdly I din cry like a baby cos I lower my expectations to match my ranking...
                  You're going to deflect that point by bringing up one of your alts? Funny stuff...

Miracles Do Happen

Comment

The difference is that in Battlegrounds and Team Arena the newbie player has a chance. By building his character with skill and staying active he can be competitive within a week.

A level 40 player on Server 6 in Amethyst Mines has no chance whatsoever.

This system is a slap on the face to kids newly recruited to the game and it puts people off.
                    Meh, I was in the original BG lvl 40+ did a player a lot of favours, u din rank higher than u cld defend, wasn't all that bad

and a new player isn't supposed to stand a chance or wth was the point in playing for 1 year+
                    Blizzarea
                    S147
                    Epic

Comment

I've been plundered in mines before, plundering is whatever. Screwing someone over for the entirety of the double rewards over one plunder? Please.

Comment

You're going to deflect that point by bringing up one of your alts? Funny stuff...
                        I beg your pardon, but is a toon on a different server not an alt -_-
                        Blizzarea
                        S147
                        Epic

Comment

Originally posted by Wraithraiser View Post
                          I've been plundered in mines before, plundering is whatever. Screwing someone over for the entirety of the double rewards over one plunder? Please.
                          Oh, I agree, that is ********. So is people hounding low levels for fast kills to fill the wagon when you're a 110k knight.

Miracles Do Happen

Comment

Originally posted by PunkPetal View Post
                            I beg your pardon, but is a toon on a different server not an alt -_-
                            Resorting to semantics now?

Miracles Do Happen

Comment

Oh, I agree, that is ********. So is people hounding low levels for fast kills to fill the wagon when you're a 110k knight.
                              I dun get this rationale, a player with 40k BR sposed to end with same rewards as said 110k BR knight?
                              Blizzarea
                              S147
                              Epic

Comment

Resorting to semantics now?
                                No, jus you seemed to imply some hypocrisy, but I would be hard pushed to plunder my *alt* as you call it when I am on s147 euro, and my knight is on s1 west coast ^^
                                Blizzarea
                                S147
                                Epic

Comment

Working...
                                X