Group Arena is broken

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Group Arena is broken

Ok, so Group Arena is a cross-server event, and that's cool. But because some servers are much older than other servers, they have players that have had the time to reach very high levels. And what has wound up happening in Group Arena is that you and your wimpy friends wind up matched against groups that destroy you all in one or two shots.

That has been happening more and more over the two weeks I've been on Server 60. It got so bad yesterday that my group won only 2 of the 30 attempts, and the other 28 weren't even close. Someone said that everyone in the party should have about the same level, and we tried that. Towards the end, my group's three players were all within three levels of each other, and it made no difference. Over and over, it was bang, bang, dead.

The matching needs to improve, otherwise, the event is no fun at all.

I, a lvl 64 mage 65 k br, just met redoga in arena 20 minutes ago (lvl 80, 125 k br). Isn't that a great matching?

Comment

I meet much higher level people all the time, very nub ones tho haha, and they win with their stun, how cute.
      Player Class: Archer
      Battle Rating : 162k+

^ Manly purple!

Comment

I fought against Jeffhawk twice 2 weeks ago , so yeah that system is broken , cause I am lv 68 and hes what ? 80 with 150k + br
        " You shall not pass !! " - Gandalf

"The Lich King has given me true power." - Death knight

Comment

After 20 sec has passed, it pairs you up with almost any1 to avoid eternally long waiting times.

Comment

I do not think arena is really broken... I'm a level 59, and I do arena with my friends (same level and slow levelers too), I usually see teams which says, "They are level 60+ players" in current chat...

Of course, I'm an old player, and a slow leveler, so I am strong (I usually get a perfect run with teammates whose level is lower than 60, I never get a less than 20/30 wins), but I still believe we are being matched based on the level of the players of the team.

When I have a teammate which is level 64, I usually face enemies which is also composed of 1 or 2 (or even 3) level 64 players (so I avoid teaming with them when I still have attempt)...

Also, if I have a teammate whose level is level 32, I also usually face enemies composed of 1 or 2 (or even 3) low level players too (makes fights end in less than 30 seconds)...

If your team is composed of same level players, and you are defeated most of the time, then it is time for you to strengthen your character even more...

In this era where sylphs and money make anyone easily stronger, and if you are not wise in strengthening your toon, then facing same levels would be a real problem in arena... You either cash more or play more wisely...

(Sometimes a bug happens, where you are matched with high levels, but it does happen "rarely"... I still believe it matches your team with the levels similar to the levels of your team 95% of the time)...

Comment

Originally posted by Kingryan View Post
              If your team is composed of same level players, and you are defeated most of the time, then it is time for you to strengthen your character even more...
              I'm a slow leveler too, and my strength rank is 20 places higher than my level ranking. But it's not really a matter of strength. The matching algorithm should go by player strength instead of player level precisely because money can push a player's strength far ahead of his or her level. I can't imagine it's much fun being on the other side either, where one shot destroys your opponents.
              Last edited by Bortre; 12-16-2013, 06:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by krackenker View Post
                After 20 sec has passed, it pairs you up with almost any1 to avoid eternally long waiting times.
                That was happening too. There must not have been very many people playing because we kept getting matched with the same teams, up to three times in a row.

Comment

Oh, I've had teams with people 60-64 and facing level 80 players a couple times.

To answer the OP, though, no, group arena isn't "broken" any more than the entire game is "broken". (And I guess you could say it is.) I've been saying this over and over... there is nothing stopping you from managing your experience and building your character slowly and carefully on a new server. If anything, it's easier since you have less World Prosperity. However, if what you care about is being "Balenor's Top Warrior" on server 400, then yes, you will most likely get massacred. When I play my 55-64 battlegrounds I always go after the ones with "Arena top 10" or "Balenor's top" titles. Easy kills.
                  [US West S6 Duskin Arena] [Moloch] [Level 70] [Battle Rating 105k] [Lord Divine] [Critical Mage] [Guild: United Soul]
                  [60 Armor] [70 jewels] [60 rings]

Miracles Do Happen

Comment

Originally posted by Bortre View Post
                    I'm a slow leveler too, and my strength rank is 20 places higher than my level ranking. But it's not really a matter of strength. The matching algorithm should go by player strength instead of player level precisely because money can push a player's strength far ahead of his or her level. I can't imagine it's much fun being on the other side either, where one shot destroys your opponents.
                    Yeah, I also know how it sucks when you always lose (i have experienced that on my old account).... So I ditched it and tried a different approach, which is slow leveling...

But I do disagree fighting based on player strength... Reasons:

1. It will take too much time to finish a single fight.
                    2. Casher's money is just wasted, since even though they spend cash, they won't get ahead, since they are just matched up to those with same strength as him. They would eventually stopped cashing, which is a downfall to the company.
                    3. Same as with the slow-levelers... Their hard work would just be wasted... They might as not well work hard in making their toons strong. They would either quit playing or either rush levels, which makes doing pve aspects of the game harder...
                    4. Slow levelers, as well as starting heavy cashers would lose to someone who are high levels (since they are 80% sure to have high stun levels)... They might just stop slow leveling or stop cashing. (or just stop playing)

Meanwhile:
                    5. It gives you satisfaction for all your hard work (becoming a slow leveler, or cashing money) if matching is based on level.
                    6. You could help weak players (either a low level or a high level) to get more insignias (since you are also matched with weaker teams 60% of the time, so a win)
                    7. Makes most of fights finished under 1 minute (which is really time saver, as there are 30 attempts)... This benefits both the winning team and the losing team.. They both saved time since fights are finished quickly... You know, time is the most valuable thing in this world.

**I really do defend slow-leveling, since this is the way for a non-casher to be competitive in this game.

Comment

Matching according to "player strength" would be ridiculous since "player strength" in Wartune terms equals Battle Rating and you'd have 40k level 54 people going up against 40k level 70 who will stun the living hell out of them and actually make it a viable strategy to be terrible for your level in order to win fights.
                      [US West S6 Duskin Arena] [Moloch] [Level 70] [Battle Rating 105k] [Lord Divine] [Critical Mage] [Guild: United Soul]
                      [60 Armor] [70 jewels] [60 rings]

Miracles Do Happen

Comment

Originally posted by MolochMage View Post
                        Matching according to "player strength" would be ridiculous since "player strength" in Wartune terms equals Battle Rating and you'd have 40k level 54 people going up against 40k level 70 who will stun the living hell out of them and actually make it a viable strategy to be terrible for your level in order to win fights.
                        that isn't the only issue with it.... let's say you are 40k br but you run with 2 new players who have 10k br....makeing it a 60k BR in total... if ur team now meets a team that has 3 players with 20k br they would just be as easily crushed by the 40k br player because his attacks are a lot stronger (especially if that player were a mage.... 2 AoEs and they are dead).

Arena should stay with the Level bracket... if u get constantly crushed then get stronger (I know, stupid thing to say but non the less true)... From my experience once u switched the bracket u die a lot and before u switch it again u win a lot

Also.. just because u level slowly doesn't automatically mean u r stronger then anyone else... I myself have the issue that on my mage I am basically the only slow leveler in this level bracket on my server and I can't find some1 with equal or at least 10k br below mine to go with in the 50-54 level bracket....some days it feels like the game likes to pair me up with the other slow levelers from the other servers and i get maybe 10 wins in and on other days it's like a walk in the park where i can get 30 wins

Just liek others i also noticed that when u approack the 20s waiting time u get paired with basically anyone who is availabel at this moment. They can be higher they can be lower... I can't say it's fair when u have to fight ppl with alot higher lvl (going up with my mage against lvl63/64 was kinda hillarious though because they had to stun me to beat me xD) but i also wouldn't want to stand there in queue for 1 min for a suitable team to fight... i rather get 5 insignias then waste 2h waiting for the right opponents
                        server: Kabam s30
                        IGN: Leighton
                        Class: Archer
                        Level: 80

Comment

Originally posted by Bortre View Post
                          Nope matching should be done by player level, being better than others at the same level should yield you better rewards in PvP

Comment

As I said in another thread... it was found, around 4 month ago, that Wartune English players on R2&Partners only comes to 5,000ish.

I bet it's probably near 3000ish now that most ppls left the game and is filled with ALTS.

So, with that number, you can basically see how less people are playing, and not all of them do Arena, or even same or similar level / BR...

So.... yes... Arena Matching is broken due to low amounts of players playing this game.

Did you guy not notice the recent merges are getting more and more servers merging together?

It used to be like 4~8 servers merging per 2~4 weeks.

Now it's something like 8~16 servers merging per 2~4 weeks....

Comment

Working...
                            X